I love the new 4E modules I picked up at GenCon!

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Drego Morthain
Gongfarmer

I love the new 4E modules I picked up at GenCon!

Post by Drego Morthain »

Just got back from GenCon08 and I wanted to offer up some good words for Goodman Games.

I stopped by the booth one of the days there, (I dont remember which now, alas tis all a blur...), and picked up Dragoras Dungeon and Forges of the Mountain King.

The girl that helped me at the booth was super nice and informative (a distinct difference from the arrogance I was subjected to at the Wizards booth). Score point 1 for Goodman.

That evening when I got back to my hotel I cracked open Forges of the Mountain King and gave it a flip through. Just on the initial scan I was impressed, and the Fat Dragon 3D inserts were a very nice additional touch. There is an interesting twist on an old familiar race that I really liked. The plot idea was new and very solid.

Then I popped open the Master Dungeons Presents Dragora's Dungeon. I started a flip through and was immediatly impressed. So impressed I had to start reading it in detail right on the spot. Despite my exhaustion from the day and fighting off eyelids that kept insisting on drifting shut I made it through reading about half the module. (I finished the rest up this morning). This is an awesome first level module. It includes an entire new race for PC's to fight and interact with, and a unique setting the DM could easily use as a launching point for his own campaign. Dragora's Dungeon could also be dropped into any game world with very little effort and I do mean very little effort.

My hats off to Harley Stroh, and the rest of the Goodman Games staff. Awesome modules. I will be looking forward to picking up future 4E offerings!
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: I love the new 4E modules I picked up at GenCon!

Post by Blackdirge »

Awesome! That's great to hear.

Dragora's Dungeon is also one of my favorites. Harley and I had a lot of fun creating and statting the Zain-Kin and their leaders.

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Arawn76 »

Any idea when the 4E stuff will be available for purchase here in the UK? Or via a UK distributor?

I really want these products but custom charges kill me if I order from the USA.

I'll warn you now I have a tendency to over buy.

Good for you :D

Not so good for my wallet/bank account :cry:
The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper"

"Birthright" on the WOTC forums or "Birthright" at The Piazza.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Drego,

Thanks for taking the time to pick up Dragora. I'm glad you're liking the adventure. Blackdirge is right --- we had a lot of fun working together on this adventure. It is exciting to see the adventure out in the hands of gamers where it belongs.

Arawn,

As for Dragora and the DCCs being in stores --- they should be available in the next couple weeks.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

I picked up Sellswords of Punjar at the con.

I believe I've said this elsewhere, but I had always picked up DCCs to just read and/or run as one-shots for gaming weekends. For the first time though, I'm planning to run a DCC almost in its entirety...in my campaign world. It's something I've never done before...I tend to be one of those oddball purists who enjoy making up their own adventures and worlds...but I loved Sellswords. The ambience was fantastic, and it fits in perfectly with a city in my campaign world.

Great job Harley.

Adrian, don't feel bad...your adventure is next on my list.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Just wanted to comment on the battlemaps (from Sellswords) - they truly take the module up a notch. Including them was brilliant...and given that 4E is much more battlemap centric, you've really put your best foot forward.
Dark Oracle of Gaming

Return to “Goodman Games General”