GenCon - Dungeon Crawl Wednesday - GMs thread

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

GenCon - Dungeon Crawl Wednesday - GMs thread

Post by fathead »

I'm creating a thread for all of the potential GMs to post in. For those just dropping in, you can find the original thread here:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... &sk=t&sd=a

All of the tickets sold out, so at the very least we'll be running 5 tables. Based on the response in the other thread though, we'll need as many GMs as we can muster (if we wind up with a smaller turnout than expected, some of the GMs can just join other tables).

I'd like to get a list of event descriptions (and edition) that each GM is willing to run.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but homebrew adventures are just as welcome as DCCs. If you'd like to run a DCC, just make sure that it will fit in a 4 hour time slot. Adventures that come to mind are: Iron Crypt of the Heretics (my group finished this in 5, so I think this qualifies), Legends are Made Not Born, and The Sinister Secret of Whiterock. I'll have my adventure finished sometime in July, so anyone interested is welcome to run that as well (I'll have pregens, and plan to print out some E-sized plots of Dundjinni maps).

From the other thread, the potential GM pool consists of: myself, Warduke, Hamakto & Celtar, TheDM, Harley Stroh, Wyrm (and maybe Aeltrin) and Stile De Mornay.

Anyone else that wanders into this thread is welcome to offer help as well.

Alright, with that being said, let's hear about what everyone would like to run!

I'll start:

Title:Lair of the Mud Witch 4E
Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 4E
Description: High summer is a miserable time to venture into the Gren March swamps. After days of travel in the March, your skin is now pock-marked with red circles from bites and the stings of marsh flies. Your face is lined with dirt trails from sweating profusely, and your hair has taken a damp, matted look. Your adventuring clothes are wet from your own perspiration and reek of sulfur. Deep in the muck and mire of the March lies the Mud Witch, a strange oracle who might be as likely to kill you as give you her prophesies. Even still, you have braved the Gren March in search of the Mud Witch and her telling
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Stile De Mornay
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: GenCon - Dungeon Crawl Wednesday - GMs thread

Post by Stile De Mornay »

I'd like to just re-voice here...

Module: Not sure yet. I'll get back to ya.
Wyrm
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Wyrm »

I had offered to GM, but RL issues have been such that I haven't been able to spend any time on either converting a DCC module, or generating my own. I doubt that I'll have much time over the next two weeks for conversion work. I apologize for this as I was very much interested in DMing for this event. I'd still be willing to run an event, if there is an existing 4e module that is ready. The challenge I had in looking at an existing module to convert was how much monster development would be necessary, with attendant consideration of powers. I first started looking at 'The Secret of Smuggler's Cove'. Half of the conversion wouldn't be too difficult given the number of humans involved, though there are classes included that haven't been released yet (namely the bard). The other half, with the undead and other critters not included in the MM, looked to be much more challenging to develop. As I dug into it, I also became convinced that it was too long for Con event. I recently started looking at 'The Transmuter's Last Touch' for conversion. It's a straightforward delve that looks like it'd be fairly easy to convert. I'd continue to do so, but I will have no time for playtesting. If there is a playtested conversion available that you'd like somebody to run, that's be best circumstance for me.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Wyrm,

You can run 3.5, if you wish (or even 1E). If you want to run a 4E event though, I can pass along my adventure. I'm also checking to see if there are any conversions already in the works that I can get my hands on. I'll let you know.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Wyrm
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Wyrm »

fathead wrote:Wyrm,

You can run 3.5, if you wish (or even 1E). If you want to run a 4E event though, I can pass along my adventure. I'm also checking to see if there are any conversions already in the works that I can get my hands on. I'll let you know.
I'd enjoy running your adventure.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Wyrm wrote:
fathead wrote:Wyrm,

I'd enjoy running your adventure.
Awesome. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you this weekend.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

I just responded to a PM from Wyrm, and thought it would be useful to post this info here as well. Wyrm asked what 3.5 DCCs fit into a 4-5 time frame.

I would say that these qualify:

DCC #12.5 The Iron Crypt of the Heretics
DCC #51.5 Sinister Secret of Whiterock
DCC #0 Legends are made, not born

I suspect that some of the modules in the Adventure Begins would work as well.

I also have a one round adventure that picks up after the end of DCC #30 Vault of the Dragon Kings (Jason Little wrote it to be included in the tournament boxed set version of Vault). I purchased it as a pdf.

For anyone interested in running a 3.5 game (or willing to convert it to 4E and run it), I can provide my copy (I have all of those mentioned above except for Adventure Begins).
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Just pushing this back up to the top -

Next week is GenCon, so I'm doing a last push for DMs!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Hamakto
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Hamakto »

Sorry for the late reply to you... but we have finialized arrangements for traveling to GenCon.

Celtar & I are in for the Dwarven Forge adventure. We will be donig 4th Edition dungeon crawl.

I am on vaction now and will not be checking messages for a few days, so please send all queries to Celtar or call me on my cell. I sent you a PM with my cell number.
Andy
Blood Kings
2007 & 2008 DCC Tourney Champion
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hamakto wrote: Celtar & I are in for the Dwarven Forge adventure. We will be donig 4th Edition dungeon crawl.
Awesome.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

We could still use extra DMs for overflow tables (if the other thread is any measuring stick, we should have a couple extra tables).

I'll be bringing with me a few DCCs:

DCC # 30.5 Trek from the Vault (continuation of the Vault of the Dragon Kings tournament module)
DCC # 0 Legends are Made, Not Born
DCC # 51.5 The Sinister Secret of Whiterock (tie-in to the soon-to-be Ennie winner Castle Whiterock)
DCC #12.5 The Iron Crypt of the Heretics (I have both the 3.5 edition and the 1E version)

So...any takers? You can run it in 3.5 or 1E...you don't have to run a 4E game. I'm just looking to accomodate all of the players.
Dark Oracle of Gaming

Return to “Goodman Games General”