DDC Artwork Desktops

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

DDC Artwork Desktops

Post by Renshai »

I'd love it you guys would make some of the DDC adventure covers available as Desktop Backgrounds.

That would just be cool :)
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

I'd definitely use one, especially one of the many ultra-cool Otus covers...
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Cool idea.... but I'm on a mac! I'll have to get ahold of a PC to set them up...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Any further idea about something like this? There are really some great covers that would make good desktops!
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

I'd love it you guys would make some of the DDC adventure covers available as Desktop Backgrounds.
That is a genius idea! Make it so!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
darkon_turas
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by darkon_turas »

We sure can do that but I could you some feedback on the kind of wallpapers you like and want. For example, which pictures would you like best for them (there are a lot of them) and what variety of resolutions would you prefer. Now that the widescreen monitors are out there, there is alot more variety. How about:

Standard PC Monitors:
1280x1024
1024x768

Widescreen PC Monitors:
1280x960

Macs have their own screen dimensions as well but I don't know them. If someone can fill them in for me then I can get on one for them as well.

Theoretically, if I do three versions of each wallpaper at the largest common resolution then either you could have your OS streatch t down to proper size or you could resize it with some kind of viewer program like a few of the freebies out there for download. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Meepo
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Meepo »

I'd love nothing more than to grace my desktops with DCC artwork. 8)
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

My mac can use most standard screen size images (640*800, etc.) Just make a jpg and set it as desktop background. Nothing fancy there.
darkon_turas
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by darkon_turas »

That's good to know. I've seen some pretty strange screen sizes out there on other sites and could only assume they were for Macs. :)

By default, all wallpapers will be in JPG format for three reasons.
1) They are easily displayable on the site
2) Both Windows (thanks to active desktop) and Mac can simply set them as background images.
3) They're alot smaller and easier to download.

Thanks for the feedback.
Meepo
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Meepo »

darkon_turas wrote:That's good to know. I've seen some pretty strange screen sizes out there on other sites and could only assume they were for Macs. :) .
Yep, Mac runs all the usual resolutions, as well as some not so normal ones. Create at will! :D
Ramone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re:

Post by Ramone »

ynnen wrote:I'd definitely use one, especially one of the many ultra-cool Otus covers...
THIS! Otus is one of my favs for sure. I much prefer the look of DDC "first" edition D&D look (even the 2nd edition is better) to Wizards last two versions. Everything from 4 years ago to the present has been mimicing this kind of World of Warcraft look.

I'm not a WoW fan and I really don't go for the artwork. It's all bling and short on charm.
Jengenritz

Re: DDC Artwork Desktops

Post by Jengenritz »

Right now the poster map from Isle of the Sea Drake is my wallpaper ('cause, you know, I got it a little early).

Still in love with this idea. I'm kinda a wallpaper junkie.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
DCCfan
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re:

Post by DCCfan »

Jengenritz wrote:
That is a genius idea! Make it so!
I second that. Make it so! I would love to put DCC cover artwork as my screen saver. I always liked DCC#6 Temple of the Dragon Cult.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Oh please do this! I'd love to have the cover art from Isle of the Sea Drake as my desktop wallpaper. Or any of the new DCC's!

I am currently using one of the new 4E WotC wallpapers, the undead horde one, but since I'm going to be DM'ing the DCC's I'd love to have a wallpaper..... :!:
DCCfan
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

An Age of Cthulhu wallpaper is ready for download now.

http://www.goodman-games.com/images/AOC3-Wallpaper.JPG

Did anyone make any DCC covers yet?
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10

Return to “Suggestion Box”