Aereth and 4E

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Hybban
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Aereth and 4E

Post by Hybban »

jason.richardson wrote: Yeah - I agree. Someone has gone down and started making death saves in every battle our party has been in so far in our 4E game (tonights our 4th session). No actual deaths yet, but we always feel like we are in danger. I love that - makes for a much better game.

jason
First serious 4E games last week (meaning we stopped play testing and we begin our campaign), the players were mostly rolling between 1 and 6 and the DM between 16 and 20... Result, after a skirmish against 6 gnolls (4 of them were minions), half the dailies were gone, as well as half of our healing surges... Yes, combat is as deadly as 3rd if you roll poorly!

Hyb'
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Jengenritz wrote:I like it when I hear people say that 4E characters are unkillable. My first experience with 4E was the Dungeon Delve at D&DXP.

Stroh, Doyle, two or three other dudes, and myself were TPK'ed in room two.

Makes me smile.
Yeah. I fey walked right into that crawler. Curse you Chris Youngs!

We did much petter playing in Perkins' group. Had that dragon on the ropes. ;)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

Harley Stroh wrote:
Jengenritz wrote:I like it when I hear people say that 4E characters are unkillable. My first experience with 4E was the Dungeon Delve at D&DXP.

Stroh, Doyle, two or three other dudes, and myself were TPK'ed in room two.

Makes me smile.
Yeah. I fey walked right into that crawler. Curse you Chris Youngs!

We did much petter playing in Perkins' group. Had that dragon on the ropes. ;)

//H
Well, if ya'll would leave your petters alone and focus on the game ya'll might play better. :D
SquirrelFlight
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by SquirrelFlight »

Hi all - I'm new here and was curious as to whether or not there are supplements in the work to bring the Gazetteer information up to date with 4e? I hope this hasn't been answered elsewhere - I looked a little bit and couldn't find anything.

I started a 0-level 3.5 game right before the release of 4e, and found that we like 4e well enough to convert over to the new rules. A couple of my players have complained that the game is too hack-n-slash, so I'm working on integrating some more story line for the players. However, with so much of the campaign setting info geared toward 3.5, I'm finding I need to put a lot of work into it. Not that I mind, but as I have what they call a "real life" outside of gaming, if there's something already made up, it would be a big help.
SquirrelFlight
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by SquirrelFlight »

D'oh! Right after saying I'd spent time looking... apparently I missed the first posts in this topic. Sorry, all :(
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

SquirrelFlight wrote:D'oh! Right after saying I'd spent time looking... apparently I missed the first posts in this topic. Sorry, all :(
No prob :wink: I think we're all excited to see the outcome of the 4E Aereth.

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”