Official Etherscope Metaplot Playtest

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Official Etherscope Metaplot Playtest

Post by malladin_ben »

A war is coming to Haven. For Etherscope fans living near Manchester this is a unique opportunity to take part in an official playtest of the first steps in the Etherscope metaplot and play with the game's designers.
The year is 1986. Haven has grown to a size that rivals the Scope domains of the largest nations. But it is a fractured place. Thousands of different domains float tethered together in Etherspace and factions vie for control or the prominence of their views.

In this first stage of the official Etherscope metaplot you will take on the roles of prominent Scope Riders as Haven decends into chaos.

But as the War for Haven begins, what secrets lie in the shadows?
Starting on Wednesday the 30th April at Fan Boy 3 in Manchester, England, this 10-week campaign will involve characters in the key events of the first steps on Etherscope's official metaplot. The game will run weekly on wednesday evenings from 7:30 to 10:30 in the store (subject to the usual FB3 £2.00 per session RPG fee).

This is your chance to play an Etherscope campaign run by one of the game's creators, Ben Redmond, and play alongside fellow creator Nigel McClelland. You could even have the creators themselves design advanced or prestige classes to help bring your character to life.

Sign up to the game in the store and join in the discussion on this forum. Alternatively come along to the store on wednesday evenings between now and the 30th and chat to us in store - we're there every wednesday.

We look forward to seeing you, and roleplaying with you, soon.
maded
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Official Etherscope Metaplot Playtest

Post by maded »

Too bad it's not real likely I can get myself moved out there by then :(
Stomphoof
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Stomphoof »

Goodluck! If I was in the UK I would try to come but alas...Florida is where I belong.
I say good man....have you any marmalade?
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by tadk »

Us USA fans will have to wait to see what is decided for us
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.
Stomphoof
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Stomphoof »

tadk wrote:Us USA fans will have to wait to see what is decided for us
Blah says I :P
I say good man....have you any marmalade?
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

For anyone who might be interested/able to play, I was in Fan Boy 3 for a bit last night and put up the sign up sheet and dropped off a few leaflets about the game.

I'll probably be there next week for 30 mins or so from 7:30-ish and will be there for character generation on the 30th.
But you can now pop in at any time to secure yourself a place in the game and pick up a leaflet to get a handle on the background.

Cheerio,

Ben
Garuda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Garuda »

So what will be the end result of this playtesting?

New Etherscope material: sourcebook or adventure?
'Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'. - Capt. E. Blackadder.
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

Its a bit too early to say anything yet :wink:
Garuda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Garuda »

So was last night a successful session?
'Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'. - Capt. E. Blackadder.
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

Garuda wrote:So was last night a successful session?
It was pretty good. We were just creating characters, but we had a nice group of four player (plus Nigel). There's one savant/program crafter, one pursuer/combatant/demon hunter and one social character (Nigel was helping create that character so I'm not sure of the details). There was also one character concept which we couldn't make work with the existing set of advanced classes so I just made up a new advanced class on the spot! Nigel will play a character, but he's not told me what yet, but we'll be kicking off the campaign next week.

I don't want to give too much away so that I don't spoil any potential future surprises, but I'll see what I can post that would be acceptable.

Cheerio for now

Ben

Return to “Etherscope”