ERP for other Genres

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

Dustin R
Far-Sighted Wanderer

ERP for other Genres

Post by Dustin R »

Hey Dancross,
In any of your playtesting did you ever try a different genre. Sci-fi, western, post-apoc... Just wondering how versatile ERP could be.

Dustin
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: ERP for other Genres

Post by dancross »

Dustin R wrote:Hey Dancross,
In any of your playtesting did you ever try a different genre. Sci-fi, western, post-apoc... Just wondering how versatile ERP could be.

Dustin
ERP was designed for epic fantasy and is not playtested with other genres. I imagine it would require some tweaks of the defense system to accommodate future settings with guns, especially modern guns or sci-fi lasers and such. It may be fun to see where that goes some day ;-)
TecknoMage
Gongfarmer

Post by TecknoMage »

It probably wouldn't be terribly hard to mix in a little Sci-Fi, with the Epic Fantasy. Along with the combat mechanics tweaks, you might have to add a few extra "Magic Effects" types, if you want to go to a "Shadowrun-esk" world, but that's easy enough.

Hey Dan, can I still take a ton of dice in "Earth Manipulation to create a stone pillar out of the stone floor and pulverize an "insane orcish shaman holding the magic crystal that we need"? ....again. I remember the look on your face when I made that roll. *evil giggle*
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

TecknoMage wrote:Hey Dan, can I still take a ton of dice in "Earth Manipulation to create a stone pillar out of the stone floor and pulverize an "insane orcish shaman holding the magic crystal that we need"? ....again. I remember the look on your face when I made that roll. *evil giggle*
Heh, yeah, that one is easy! I'll make it up on the fly...

EARTH RAM
Source: Primoridal
Effect: Harm
Secondary Effect: Influence - Stun (requires D6 in Source to cast)
School: Elementalist
Form: Animated Earth
Range: 1 creature (5' diameter), max distance MRV x2 (in feet) using Source Specialization.
Aspect: affects Resilience, then Toughness.
COST = ability check - minus lowest die roll (x 1.5 if secondary effect invoked).

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”