New to GenCon and DCC Tournament

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

New to GenCon and DCC Tournament

Post by welland_warrior »

Hi there,

Although I've thought about attending many times, this will be my first GenCon. I'm not new to gaming, but I'm new to the convention and tournament scene. Having said that, can someone please outline for me exactly how registration for the DCC tournament works? I understand that you sign-up online when the date comes around, but does it fill-up right away? If you are lucky enough to get signed up, are you put together randomly at a table? If someone could give me the basic outline of how it all works (and anything else I'm clueless about) I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: New to GenCon and DCC Tournament

Post by Jengenritz »

welland...

Answers and some other information is here: http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... =20&t=4778
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

That was great. You answered everything. Cheers!
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

welcome, welland warrior! gen con is a FREAKING blast. i've only been a couple times, and i am utterly blown away every time. more than a convention, it is a phenomena to behold. i'm so glad to welcome another goodman gamer to the convention.
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hey welland warrior! I'd also use the search function and browse the boards for discussions on the tournament. There are some fantastic suggestions and discussions on past tournaments. See you at GenCon!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Thanks! I suppose now I have to find a group to play with so I don't get bounced out :)
N'Haaz-aua
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by N'Haaz-aua »

We often have single people join a group of three. Some great groups have been "pick ups".

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”