WHAT IF (possible dragonmech plot)

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

modus666
Wild-Eyed Zealot

WHAT IF (possible dragonmech plot)

Post by modus666 »

What if Mind Flayers are actually lunar creatures... who came to the planet hundreds and hundreds of years ago to begin preliminary preparations for the divine assault being launched by the lunar gods. What if they have been preparing their elder minds not just as repositories of knowledge, but as great telekinetic engines, and when they have enough, they will telekinetically complete the god's work, and bring the moon crashing into the planet?

Just a thought.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: WHAT IF (possible dragonmech plot)

Post by GnomeBoy »

8 o ...Just a thought...?!??!

That's a capital-A Awesome idea! :mrgreen:

I very well may swipe that for something...!
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Good idea! Now how about THIS twist:

The mind flayers are native to a world other than Highpoint or its moon. To please their alien masters, they're using these mega-telekinetic powers to bring the moon closer and cause devastation. But the creatures of the moon -- though evil -- are innocent of the crime. They at first believed that Highpoint itself was the aggressor! Now, decades later, the cunning, intelligent skinstealers have pieced together clues from their years of infiltration and begin to suspect the presence of a third party....
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
modus666
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by modus666 »

After re-reading the mech manual for a bit today it seems the 'Razid', the derro made obelisk mech, seems designed for some similar purpose. one could easily work the mind flayer edge in. Maybe Razid mechs are designed to help the elder minds focus their telekinetic powers on key points in the surface world.
Seben-PistonRager
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Seben-PistonRager »

GnomeBoy wrote:8 o ...Just a thought...?!??!

That's a capital-A Awesome idea! :mrgreen:

I very well may swipe that for something...!
Agree!
I'm already running a game where aliens are one of the active enemies and I've already made them connected to Mind flayers (though it's not in a dragonmech game).

Still a really good idea!
I've got a bionic ear!

But, there is no mechanic to support it!

Return to “DragonMech”