Character Sheet Preview

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Character Sheet Preview

Post by dancross »

In response to several requests, I'm making one version of the character sheet available. The one in the official book is more "comprehensive", spanning more pages, but like many games, this information can be organized in many different ways, one page or many pages.

Comments and questions welcome!

http://www.eldritchrpg.com/downloads/CharacterSheet.pdf
Banesfinger
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Banesfinger »

Very nice.

Would there be a reason why basic abilities (e.g., Endurance, Resistance, Agility, Speed, etc) are not pre-listed on the sheet? (Won't everyone have these? Thus, saving everyone from writing out all these items each time.)
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Banesfinger wrote:Very nice.

Would there be a reason why basic abilities (e.g., Endurance, Resistance, Agility, Speed, etc) are not pre-listed on the sheet? (Won't everyone have these? Thus, saving everyone from writing out all these items each time.)
Yes, actually. The core rulebook will have an expanded character sheet, one where all of the abilities are prelisted, just as you say. That sheet has a modular approach, with up to seven seperate sheets, using only those needed, depending on skill sets. However, for the preview, I felt a simple three page layout would convey the feeling of the game better. I didn't want to give the impression of complexity.

We'll provide several different sheets on the main website when that goes live in April...

www.eldritchrpg.com
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

The character sheet is now updated to make it print friendly.
jamat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Character Sheet Preview

Post by jamat »

One thing I just noticed is the amount of sheets there are.

just looking through them quickly I'd say you have to have at least 4 sheets to fully write out a character.

Do you think that in this day and age of 1 page character sheets you went a bit over kill.

Don't get me wrong I'm not really complaining just wondered what your thinking behind such a long character sheet was.

Cheers

Jamat
NiallNai
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by NiallNai »

jamat wrote:One thing I just noticed is the amount of sheets there are.

just looking through them quickly I'd say you have to have at least 4 sheets to fully write out a character.

Do you think that in this day and age of 1 page character sheets you went a bit over kill.

Don't get me wrong I'm not really complaining just wondered what your thinking behind such a long character sheet was.

Cheers

Jamat
I think it depends on what you want from a CS. The CSs for ERP seem to have a lot of the formulas that create the different pools. If you eliminated the formulas you would have have more space.

For the Ability Dice Chains: I think that could also be shrunken. I have a vision in my head but I don't know if I can relate it in the text of the message. Something like:

Ability (d ) / Specialty (d ) / Mastery (d )

I think it could be reorganized and cleaned up. And I'm sure some gamer will create their own sheet. Too bad I'm not pdf savvy, I like to make forms.

As for 1 page CSs, I think tastes vary. I know that Mr. Gone has made Storyteller System CSs for a variety of tastes.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

NiallNai wrote:
jamat wrote:One thing I just noticed is the amount of sheets there are.

Cheers

Jamat
The main CS was designed to be modular and incorporate a good bit of information. There is a shortened version of the CS on eldritchrpg.com. Check that out and see what you think (it's a 3 page max). I'm always interested in new CS designs.

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”