What DCC would you take your favorite PC through?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

What DCC would you take your favorite PC through?

Post by JediOre »

In an attempt to give some life to the forum, I'm asking a question:

What DCC would you take your favorite PC through and why?

The answer will, of course, depend upon the level of your favorite character.

My all time favorite character is Ivan the 8th level paladin who last saw game play in the late 80's.

If I could only choose one DCC for Ivan to adventure in it would be Dungeon Crawl Classics #16: Curse of the Emerald Cobra. The module reminds me of one of my all time favorite TSR modules I1 -- Dwellers of the Forbidden City. Serpent men in a strange jungle setting seems really cool.

Alright is anyone else game?
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

hrrrmmmm. that's a tough one.

when if was first introduced to d&d, my cousin had "shadower" a monk/assassin. he ended up giving me the character sheet when he passed on his books. i'd love to send shadower and allies through iron crypt, and see if the old guy could survive. :)
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Cool idea for a thread.

My two favorite (D&D) characters of the last twenty years are Elsworth (human wiz) and Lalla (gnome ftr), and that's a pretty close race for first place....

I'd like to see Lalla go into the Legacy of the Savage Kings, for the variety of the encounters (dragon/swamp, fortress, lizardman/dungeon). It seems to square up well with the types of adventures in which she's been the most fun to play.

As for Elsworth, I'm not sure.... Maybe something with plenty of puzzles. I like puzzles. Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen springs to mind...

These two aren't necessarily those levels presently, but then again, I'm not attached to levels.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Cardinal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Cardinal »

difficult...

Trahn was a human barbarian/ranger/fighter searching for the killers of his family...

...Secret of the Stonearm - pulpy, starts with investigation in an urban environment, has cults & jungles & weird magic: WIN!

- other favorites for this: DCC#16
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

My favorite character was Ceralt, a lawful evil fighter. He could be a ruthless bastard, but he somehow managed to work quite well in a group filled with good-aligned characters. (Probably because most of his goals happened to coincide with a lot of the good characters, although for different reasons.)

I would love to take Ceralt through "Dread Crypt of Srihoz". In addition to being a terrific DCC, the adventure reminds me a lot of the homebrewed adventures my friend Eric used to run. "Dread Crypt" would've fit in perfectly with his campaign.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

My 8th level Ninja Thomas. DCC #50 Vault of the Iron Overlord because of all the chances he had to use skills. My group started a new campaign with a new DM. When I asked him what characters he would allow I was surprised when he said anything would go. I had always wanted to play a ninja, but evreyone always said that it didn't fit in their campaign. I went super heavy on the skills and had a great time playing the jack of all trades. Being able to turn invisible was cool as well.
ragnar1965
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ragnar1965 »

I'm going to cheat and give two answers for this question. If I'm playing 3rd edition, I would take my Halfling Rogue Esmaralda through Vault of the Iron Overlord, DCC 50. If I'm playing Castles and Crusades, I'd take my Gnome Wizard Kolo through Golden Palace of Zahadran, DCC 32.

Both would be outstanding modules to play through, I think. The reason for the split decision? I just don't appreciate the C&C Rogue as much as in 3rd edition. Wizard became more powerful in C&C, however. Anyway, there's my answer for what it's worth.
Forgiveness is between you and your maker. I'm just responsible for the meeting.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: What DCC would you take your favorite PC through?

Post by JediOre »

Any one else interested in adding to this?
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: What DCC would you take your favorite PC through?

Post by Ogrepuppy »

I'd take my (3.5 edition) 10th level human fighter Onothar of Castle Ogodar (Ogodar was his petty noble/knight dad; their castle is on the outskirts of civilization) through Castle Whiterock.

Combine Alistair from Dragon Age (the computer game), Xander from Buffy, and and gently sprinkle with Conan's swordsmanship. He is a self-deprecating, wise-cracking, redneck bumbler who cuts sh!t up like nobody's business. Signature move: Intimidating opponents by pointing at his biceps and then shrugging significantly at the bad guy as if to say, "You can see the size of these pythons...you sure you wanna mess with me?"

I loved role playing him as anti-fighter (and anti-son-of-a-nobleman) as I possibly could-----but when he unleashed Hell...he cut a swath through everything. (Thanks, Greater Cleave.)

I think Whiterock would benefit greatly from his smart-ass banter...until he switched on the "puree" setting with his blade.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”