Maps for DCC #27 - Revenge of the Rat King

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

cisticola
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Maps for DCC #27 - Revenge of the Rat King

Post by cisticola »

Hi folks :D
Updated the map.....see below
Last edited by cisticola on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

You know Cisti...you should add "Will Map for Modules" to your sig. ;) It's well worth the cost of an additional module to have some nice Dundjinni maps to go with it. Thanks again for doing this.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
cisticola
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by cisticola »

Hi folks :D

Finished the first level......quite a challenge......

Hi-res version is here at the moment:
http://www.danielrivera.org/gallery/dis ... fullsize=1
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

erm... that is gorgeous. it is amazing how different a dungeon can "feel" when it is presented in full artistic glory. wow.

count me as eagerly looking forward to the rest!
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
frank5471uk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by frank5471uk »

Cisticola

The hi-res version looks beautiful. Well done.

What's the best way to print this baby ?

Frank
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
cisticola
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by cisticola »

frank5471uk wrote:Cisticola

Frank
This version would be hard to print I am afraid.....these type of maps are good for virtual tabletop playing (i.e. something like Battlegrounds)....

But never fear.....I will make a version that has no shading and a white background if you require.......otherwise it is alot of ink to print.

If you are printing this do you need a grid to be on the map.....I can put one on at 1 square = 5ft
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

cisticola wrote: But never fear.....I will make a version that has no shading and a white background if you require.......otherwise it is alot of ink to print.

If you are printing this do you need a grid to be on the map.....I can put one on at 1 square = 5ft
Actually yes, please do. I'd definitely like to print these out. I usually print them out on an e-sized plotter, but others print them out a page at at time until they have the whole map.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
frank5471uk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by frank5471uk »

cisticola wrote:

Frank
This version would be hard to print I am afraid.....these type of maps are good for virtual tabletop playing (i.e. something like Battlegrounds)....

But never fear.....I will make a version that has no shading and a white background if you require.......otherwise it is alot of ink to print.

Is this something that requires a projector mounted on the ceiling projecting vertically down onto the table ?

I can't see the better half agreeing to that mod for our dining room :shock:

I usually DM at both extremes of the terrain spectrum (i.e. either gridded battlemap and erasable markers OR full 3D terrain using either/both Dwarven Forge and/or WorldWorks Games cardstock models - nothing between).

This map seemed a nice "in-between" option if it could be printed economically.

Finally, yes, gridlines would be very useful.

Thanks anyway, it's still a very nice piece of work.

Frank
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
cisticola
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by cisticola »

Frank

Is this something that requires a projector mounted on the ceiling projecting vertically down onto the table ?

I usually DM at both extremes of the terrain spectrum (i.e. either gridded battlemap and erasable markers OR full 3D terrain using either/both Dwarven Forge and/or WorldWorks Games cardstock models - nothing between).

Frank
Yes that is another option...although I just play on screen.....may seem odd to some.....but the beauty of roleplaying is its your imagination that drives the game....suppose that is why when i first started a few counters representing the PCs and monsters was all I needed....

another option would be to keep the map with the shading but remove the dark background....which would keep my nice map in one piece but reduce the amount of ink required to print.

But before I go and do anything, I will see what Ben has to say because I have not done maps for printing before.........
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Ben says:

1. Check in on the Dundjinni forums. There are a few theads talking about printing of maps relatively cheaply. Some people sell their services and will print out Large maps on plotters. I've also seen people, myself included, print out the maps on regular 8x11 paper and tape them together.

2. There are services online that will do large scale printing. Don't recall any off the top of my head but they are out there.

BenWax :D
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hell...I think you could probably get an e-sized plot done at Kinkos. It's well worth the extra money to avoid having to cut edges and tape it together. Although, if expense is an issue, printing them out on 8 1/2 X 11 is the way to go.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

frank5471uk wrote:
cisticola wrote:

Frank

Frank

Frank, Frank, Frank... your approaching your better half all wrong. You need to convince her she needs it. How awesome would it be to project family pics like that? Sell her on her needing it, then enjoy the fringe benefits of just happening to be able to use it for your gaming needs.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Maps for DCC #27 - Revenge of the Rat King

Post by welland_warrior »

Did this map ever get finished? I'm looking to run this adventure. Can someone give me an update? Thanks!
Losloris8
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Ted's Hobby Shop

Re: Maps for DCC #27 - Revenge of the Rat King

Post by Losloris8 »

Gotta say, I was not happy with the linar layout of the maps, how room x lead directly to room y. Had to change that. I used this as a side adventure for our 7th level thief. Instead of an absolute capture to end section 1it became a junction space where turning left entered section 2, right for section 3. I recall the Khalil turned right and cameinto 3 just before the owl bears.

Gotta say, really loved the art for the Rat Troll!

LG

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”