Meridian

Share links and comments about your favorite A-R-T and the cool folks who make it. Help other A-R-T fans find cool new A-R-T-ists out there on the net!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

snakewing
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Meridian

Post by snakewing »

Anyone who likes the Aerial Adventure Guide, should definitely read Meridian from Crossgen Entertainment. It's a world where all of the land levitates above the oceans and the people travel in sky ships.

Also, pretty much everything put out by Crossgen would be good for an RPG, but that's just my opinion.
Mr. Author
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Crossgen comics=art nouveau

Post by Mr. Author »

Yeah, Crossgen even states as much in their ads.

I picked up some of the Crossgen stuff and didn't really find it all that gripping to me (still can't figure out the right words....augh, can't articulate! Torture!). Too much color. I'm used to the black and white toned medium and the unobstructed multi-paneled flow of manga, where the story flows through the dialogue of the characters, rather than narration and thought.
(insert witty phrase)
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Ruse and Sojourn

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

are the two Crossgen books that I'd love to convert to rpgs someday. Ruse is a Sherlock Holmes-styled story that (to me) would be perfect for a d20 "Modern" (actually, more like d20 19th-Century) campaign featuring mysteries, intrigue, and perhaps some Lovecraft-type horror.

Sojourn is pure fantasy. I also think it's the best of the CrossGen books, IMHO. About the only thing holding me back from running a "Sojourn"-based campaign is I want to see more of the story unfold - the stuff in that comic's too good [b]not[/b] to use.

So many influences for so many games, and so little time....
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Yes, I think Ruse and Meridian are the best of the CrossGen titles, and both would make excellent RPG settings. Scion also would be an interesting setting.

Anyone heard anything about CrossGen's financial staus lately? I heard they were having some money troubles. In any case, they seem to have have stopped publishing their books in the trade paperback format, which is how I read them :(
Michael Proteau
Ill-Fated Peasant

Crossgen Financial Status

Post by Michael Proteau »

Crossgen has filed for bankruptcy and their assets (i.e. their characters) have been auctioned off to ay their creditors. I believe that the bulk of them were purchased by a subsidiary of Disney. The only definite plans I heard were for Abadazad, which will be reformated to be ocntinued as a series of illustrated novels aimed at young adult readers. THe published issues will be redone first, and then the story continued. I don;t think these are scheduled to appear until late 2005 or early 2006 though.
-M
Michael R. Proteau
Founder/Director
The Alexandria Project

Return to “All things A-R-T related”