Dungeon Crawl Classics #29, PDF?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Celestian
Ill-Fated Peasant

Dungeon Crawl Classics #29, PDF?

Post by Celestian »

Is there a place to get this book in PDF? I am wanting to run some of the adventures via online tool (Klooge) and having the maps and some of the flavor text easily usable would make things easier. I've got the book and tried to scan a few pages but it's just turned out terrible.

I've looked around but the one place the seemed to have a PDF version it was the same price as I payed for the hardback (34 dollars) ;( but I am not sure that was PDF... it said hardback.
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

www.rpgnow.com has them available on .pdf
- Joseph Frenia
Celestian
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Celestian »

jfrenia wrote:www.rpgnow.com has them available on .pdf
Indeed, thats the site I ran across but the price is the same I payed for the hardbound book I already have. I don't mind paying for a pdf but I just can't justify paying the same I paid for the hardback ;( 35 dollars for a PDF is pretty darn steep.

I was hoping that it was a error in listing and that was the hardback.
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

Afraid not, I think you'll have to pay the book rate to own it both ways.
- Joseph Frenia
Celestian
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Celestian »

jfrenia wrote:Afraid not, I think you'll have to pay the book rate to own it both ways.
That's unfortunate. Guess I'll have to use my 1e modules that I have hardcopy/pdfs of for my klooge/online sessions.
bento
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by bento »

DCCs are on sale about every three or four months on RPGNow. I bought my pdf copy for around half price early this year.

It's all about planning ahead! :)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

That price on RPG Now is wrong. It should be less than the print price. Give me a couple days to get this fixed...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Celestian
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Celestian »

goodmangames wrote:That price on RPG Now is wrong. It should be less than the print price. Give me a couple days to get this fixed...
Awesome, thanks! I'll keep checking back here for an update.
Celestian
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Celestian »

Looks like they got the PDF pricing up thank you.

One last question, they say they are "Watermarked" which I take to mean that it puts my name/order on the page which is fine... but can I cut/paste the text? I ask because the room descriptions, I'd like to just drop it into the text chat of my online game.

Thanks!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Celestian wrote:One last question, they say they are "Watermarked" which I take to mean that it puts my name/order on the page which is fine... but can I cut/paste the text? I ask because the room descriptions, I'd like to just drop it into the text chat of my online game.
You should be able to copy/paste just fine. We don't do anything to prevent that.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Celestian
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Celestian »

Again thanks, you guys are great, work and support ;)
stripes
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by stripes »

FYI cut & pasted can be hard. It is two collum text and it copies both of them when you only want one (I.e. one line of descripton one line of tactics or something mixed).

It is doable & faster then retype. But it takes longer then I would want to do during gameplay. Which works ok for me since I only do it for descriptions & stat blocks I want to edit.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

stripes wrote:FYI cut & pasted can be hard. It is two collum text and it copies both of them when you only want one (I.e. one line of descripton one line of tactics or something mixed).

It is doable & faster then retype. But it takes longer then I would want to do during gameplay. Which works ok for me since I only do it for descriptions & stat blocks I want to edit.
What about after you paste it? Once its pasted into the new document can you then easily edit it from that point?
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
stripes
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by stripes »

Yes, once you paste it is text, you just have to delete half of each "line", and remove the extra newlines. Takes maybe 2 minutes to fix up a single description.

If I were running an IRC game I would take half an hour and copy & paste all the "read aloud" text before the first sesison. And then adjust it if there is stuff you don't like (stating what a room was used for, or making something come to a slow stop rather hten an abrupt one, or just adjusting the wording to be more in line with how you talk).

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”