GenCon - Suggestions for next year/Comments

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

GenCon - Suggestions for next year/Comments

Post by fathead »

1. Different advancement times for XCrawl and DCC tournaments. We would have considered XCrawl this year, but the advancement times overlapped. This is probably more contingent on having a good number of GMs to run it, but if it can be arranged, that would be cool.

2. Seperate the semi-final and final rounds on different days. We may be the only ones who feel this way...but we like having the final on Sunday instead. Usually, after a tournament, we grab a bite to eat and sit around discussing the previous round over a couple of beers. The tournament rounds are an absolute blast...but they are also more stressful than an average D&D session. You have to be on the ball the whole time. Spacing the rounds out a bit adds a little bit of a buffer in between.

3. I LOVE having only 4 players. It's easier to create a full team, and you are able to monopolize the GM's attention. BUT...the demand for the tournament is high. It might be time to expand back to 6 players. I'm still a huge fan of picking the PCs...maybe next year, it could be 8 PCs - pick 6? Just a thought...

Any other thoughts or comments?
Dark Oracle of Gaming
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Just what I need....competiton with Dan Adams for my crown

(my precious :mrgreen: )

Joe, nix that stupid idea. :D :twisted:

Thanks again for running the pickup game on Wed. Lots of fun!

Ben "superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

superfan wrote: Just what I need....competiton with Dan Adams for my crown

(my precious :mrgreen: )

Joe, nix that stupid idea. :D :twisted:
No fair using your clout as the Superfan! ;)
superfan wrote: Thanks again for running the pickup game on Wed. Lots of fun!
Glad you enjoyed it. We'll have to do it again next year! Maybe "Fathead's Wednesday Dungeon Crawl" can be an annual event.

PM me sometime and let me know what you thought about the adventure. I'll be inflicting it on my own group at some point in the future...
Dark Oracle of Gaming

Return to “Goodman Games General”