GenCon Thank You!

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

GenCon Thank You!

Post by Harley Stroh »

A big thank you to everyone that dropped by the booth at GenCon. We had a great time meeting everyone and putting faces to all the folks from the forum. Let us know how the tournament went, what you think about the free adventures, and what we can do better next year.

A special thanks to those of you that took the time to turn out at the seminar. At standing room only, it was a bit larger crowd than we had expected so we’ll be sure get enough handouts for next time. (And since handouts are always cool, and since we know people will show up, next year’s handout will be a lot of fun.)

These games are pointless without folks to play them and bring the stories to life, so thank you. See you at next GenCon!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

It was great to finally meet everyone and swap tales of suffering and woe with the other members of the Whiterock team. :D

I still can't believe we finished that beast before GenCon. :shock:

BD
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

i picked up my copy and frankly i am amazed at all the material. no filler at all, just straight up DCC goodness. masters chris and adrian are my new heroes!
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hey, good meeting you Harley! My group has used a lot of your modules for gaming weekends, so it's nice to put a face to the author.

Anyone who hasn't met Harley yet...definitely take the time to meet him next year. He's an incredibly amiable guy. He'll be easy to spot - he's the guy grinning ear to ear.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Agree COMPLETELY with Dan! (who is also a helluva guy!) :D

If smiles were energy, Harley would be able to power a small CITY!!! What a nice guy!!!

I had a great time hanging out with all my Goodman Games heroes at GenCon this year. Met some new friends from the Xcrawl team who were AWESOME. I am now the Xcrawl Superfan, not just the DCC superfan.

Hats off to everyone from Goodman Games. Huzzah!!!!!

Best GenCon yet, and next year will be better yet!!

Ben "superfan" Waxman

p.s. If you haven't picked up Castle Whiterock, it is a MUST purchase. Unbelievable stuff!!! Can't wait to map it !!!
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

superfan wrote:p.s. If you haven't picked up Castle Whiterock, it is a MUST purchase. Unbelievable stuff!!! Can't wait to map it !!!
absolutely!!! whiterock is freakin' sweet. but nothing is quite as cool as the laminated superfan maps.

wow. super wow. thank you for all your killer maps. it makes our dungeons literally sing!
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Glad you're digging Whiterock, Warduke. Thanks. It was a grueling labor of love for everyone involved, if that makes sense. It's gratifying to know that the many hours of sleep were not lost in vain. :-)

--Ken
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
grodog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by grodog »

It was great to you meet you, Harley, and Joseph too, and to see Erol again :D Hopefully next time we'll get to hang out for a bit longer than 5 minutes at the booth---and, dare we say it, do some delving in a Castle (WR, GH, whatever! :D )!
grodog
---
Allan.
grodog@gmail.com
Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
Bowbe
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Bowbe »

Actually,

Thank you Harley! It was great to finally get to meet the legend and hang out! Had an awesome time and as always it was awesome to hang with John.

Likewise it was great to meet Grodog for the first time. John, Grodog, and Myself all live in the same town (well most of the time) but sometimes with work, families and the like, it can really feel like we all live in different dimensions.

Also thanks Joe! I stopped by to visit and check up on DCC 46 as I hadn't seen a copy yet, and Joe graciously gave me a copy, then gave me the finger... the X Crawl finger that is!

For what it was worth that joke didn't get old all weekend long!

Case
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Hey Case,

Hanging with you at Gen Con is becoming someting of a tradition!

It is weird - I'll see you almost daily at Gen Con, but go months without talking with you back home.

I secured a copy of the 1st Edition Gen Con release for you. I"ll bring it by sometime in the next few weeks.

tacojohn4547
Bowbe
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Bowbe »

Awesome!

I'm looking forward to it!

Case
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Heh. What Case said.

BTW, it's illegal to carry a 5 inch blade in Indiana without a permit. I made it home because mine was 4 3/4 in.

Rawkin.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

Return to “Goodman Games General”