GENCON - Anyone up for a Wednesday night dungeon crawl?

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

GENCON - Anyone up for a Wednesday night dungeon crawl?

Post by fathead »

Well...I guess I'm a glutton for punishment...but I'm considering another dungeon crawl (this will be a seperate adventure from the one I'm running earlier) for Wednesday night.

I've had a few PMs from different people (and groups) that had expressed an interest. So...I'm posing the question - who would like to play?

I'm running something from 1-5 at the Ram, and then getting a bite to eat (and drink) with a few friends afterwards...so that would probably put us at starting around 8pm.

From what I've read, there is open gaming at the Hilton.

Post here if you'd be interested in an evening dungeon crawl. If you'd be willing to DM as well (depending on the amount of interest...in case we run a couple tables), let me know.

I'm still working on the adventure, but the tentative title is:

The Lair of the Mud Witch
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Mouse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mouse »

Oooh tempting, I'll let you know before Gencon.

Despite the fact that I'm running the DCC every day til saturday, I still wouldn't mind sittin in on a good game.

Mouse :oops:
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Mouse wrote:Oooh tempting, I'll let you know before Gencon.

Despite the fact that I'm running the DCC every day til saturday, I still wouldn't mind sittin in on a good game.

Mouse :oops:
Sounds good! :)

I'll be posting more next week (the characters and intro text)...so keep an eye out for it.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
N'Haaz-aua
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by N'Haaz-aua »

Dan, are you in the dcc or xcrawl tourneys this year?
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

N'Haaz-aua wrote:Dan, are you in the dcc or xcrawl tourneys this year?
Yep. I'm in the DCC tourney. I would have signed up for XCrawl as well...but the two tournament times conflicted (hint hint...for next year).

Out of curiousity...why do you ask?
Dark Oracle of Gaming
N'Haaz-aua
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by N'Haaz-aua »

Ive run your group before and just curious. I'm really getting an itch for the tourney.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

N'Haaz-aua wrote:Ive run your group before and just curious. I'm really getting an itch for the tourney.
Ha...tell me about it. For the past couple weeks, I've been checking this website several times a day hoping for some tournament info.

That makes me either dedicated or pathetic...I've haven't decided which yet...:)
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

...hoping for some tournament info.
Watch the skies, sirrah! Info will be posted quite soon.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
N'Haaz-aua
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by N'Haaz-aua »

At least I've read the whole tourney, my itch is to kill people...I mean to give a good presentation.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Info will be posted quite soon.
Meaning August 5th.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Dan,

I am interested in your Wednesday night dungeon crawl. I'm generally drawn more to games that feature OOP rules, but I'm not opposed to playing under 3.5/d20 rules. Its just that I haven't had a real strong reason to migrate from 1E AD&D to the current version of the rules.

As I think I said in my PM before, I don't know at this point what our Gen Con group is going to want to do on Wednesday night. I think they'll want to find a game somewhere, but we really haven't talked too much about it. I need to try to firm up our after hours gaming, as much as that can be done ahead of time.

I'll try to find out this week what their interest level is for playing in your sandbox on Wednesday night. :D

tacojohn4547
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Well...I'm woefully behind in writing the adventure (by woefully, I mean - I haven't even started it)...but I'm still hoping that I can pull something together before GenCon.

In any case, here is the tentative adventure description:

The Lair of the Mud Witch

High summer is a miserable time to venture into the Gren March swamps.

After days of travel in the March, your skin is now pock-marked with red circles from bites and the stings of marsh flies. Your face is lined with dirt trails from sweating profusely, and your hair has taken a damp, matted look. Your adventuring clothes are wet from your own perspiration and reek of sulfur.

Deep in the muck and mire of the March lies the Mud Witch, a strange oracle who might be as likely to kill you as give you her prophesies. Even still, you have braved the Gren March in search of her telling...
Dark Oracle of Gaming
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

If there are any openings, I'd love to game on Wed night!!!!!

Ben "superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

superfan wrote:If there are any openings, I'd love to game on Wed night!!!!!
Yep, there are still openings. Also, check your Inbox. I sent you a PM as well.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
akluding
Gongfarmer

Post by akluding »

I'd love to play. Hopefully I'll be done setting up my booth in the vendor hall by 8!
Nahat Anoj
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Nahat Anoj »

I'd be interested in playing. If you have a spot available, sign me up!

Jon
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Okay, so far we have:

Will attend:

ynnen, jeremy zimmerman, dave standford, brian cameron, superfan, Jonathan Moyer, mouse

Might attend:

tacojohn and the 1E family, akluding, jfrenia & group, astrocat + 1-3 other players

That gives us one full table, and possibly 2. I'll fit in as many people as possible in the 1st table (I'd be willing to stretch to 8 players...but that is the max). We can form a 2nd table if we have the numbers and someone willing to GM.
Last edited by fathead on Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Mouse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mouse »

Still hoping to be there, but......

Will probably have to meet with the other tournament GM's that night and go over last minute details (how many PC's should we kill, what is the proper amount of suffering, ETC).

So, still hoping I make it.

Mouse (Erica) :wink:

PS this might be one of the few games I'll play, since the tounament will take up such a large amount of time.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Mouse wrote:Still hoping to be there, but......

Will probably have to meet with the other tournament GM's that night and go over last minute details (how many PC's should we kill, what is the proper amount of suffering, ETC).

So, still hoping I make it.

Mouse (Erica) :wink:

PS this might be one of the few games I'll play, since the tounament will take up such a large amount of time.
Okay, cool. I'll count you as a "will attend". If you're running late (or can't make it), no big deal...
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hmmm...mouse asked if we were gaming at the Hilton or the Hyatt...I'm looking on the GenCon forums, and some people are now saying that open gaming tables are available at the Hyatt.

They might have it at both. I'm looking into it, and will post the location.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Perhaps people can post their cellphones to aid in meeting up on Wed?

Mine is 651-472-2129 or alternatively 612-669-2708

The Superfan is super psyched up!!!!!

So much to buy!! So much gaming to do!!!!

Ben "superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Alright...Open Gaming is indeed in the Hyatt, in the foyer areas on the 2nd and 3rd floors....so it will be on one of those floors.

I'll put a sign out on the table that says "Lair of the Mud Witch".

My cell, in case anyone needs it: 859-814-7368
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Nahat Anoj
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Nahat Anoj »

Well, keep me on the list for now, but there is a chance I may not be able to make it. My roommates for Gencon have switched hotels and won't be coming in until Thursday. I don't really mind (the new hotel is lots cheaper!), so I will probably end up getting a hotel farther away from the con for Wednesday night.
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Myself and a few others (1-3) might be interested. Perhaps making it enough for 2 groups, if anyone wants to DM a second group?
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Anybody that wants to play, just drop by the Hyatt and look for our table. If we have enough for 2 tables (which looks likely), I'm sure that we can get someone to volunteer to GM. I'll bring a 2nd copy of the adventure.

See everyone tomorrow!
Dark Oracle of Gaming

Return to “Goodman Games General”