DCC #46 Book of Treasure Maps -levels?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

DCC #46 Book of Treasure Maps -levels?

Post by Mark_Gedak »

Does anyone have the book of treasure maps yet? I see that it is on sale are Rpgnow.

It says there are 6 treasure map adventures, what levels are the adventures and what are they called?
Chris McCoy
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Chris McCoy »

Well, I know of one that is entitled "The Temple of the First Word" and it is for levels 11-13th. It deals with entering the temple of the gods where arcana magic was first created and destroying a fallen celestial and his demonic followers before they can destroy all magic in the world.

Heh, it's my favorite personally. Can't say why...

:D

Plug, plug, plug!
Chris McCoy
Freelance Game Designer and Goblin Wrangler
Writing Portfolio
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: DCC #46 Book of Treasure Maps -levels?

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Mark_Gedak wrote:Does anyone have the book of treasure maps yet? I see that it is on sale are Rpgnow.
Sweet.

GG usually releases the PDFs before the print (dead tree) version arrives via subscription or in stores, so unless someone bought the PDF it's unlikely that the general public actually has it yet. Since I'm a shameless GG whore, I'll likely buy the PDF in addition to my subscription.
Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mark_Gedak »

I was kind of hoping GG would adopt the Print + PDF model that Paizo is using for subscribers.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Here's the level breakdown:
The Temple's Tribute, levels 3-5
Secrets of the Blue Moon, levels 4-6
Cadwul's Corkscrew, levels 7-9
Fane of the First Spell, levels 10-12
The Aqueous Vault, levels 13-15
The Bloodfire Spire, levels 14-16
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ChristinaStiles »

Mark_Gedak wrote:I was kind of hoping GG would adopt the Print + PDF model that Paizo is using for subscribers.
I second that!
Christina Stiles
DCC #21 Assault on Stormbringer Castle, DCC #22 The Stormbringer Juggernaut, DCC #49: Palace in the Wastes; Dragonmech: The Last City, 2nd Age of Walkers, Steam Warriors
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

ChristinaStiles wrote:
Mark_Gedak wrote:I was kind of hoping GG would adopt the Print + PDF model that Paizo is using for subscribers.
I second that!
Considering that I usually buy both.....I'm going to third that, come to think of it!
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Cadwul's Corkscrew, levels 7-9
Yay, Cadwul! I dig that ego- and kleptomaniac and his crazy corkscrew vaults.
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Bowbe
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Bowbe »

DCC 46 was my first foray into the format and flavor of DCC and I have to admit I enjoyed coming up with the nastyness for Aqueous Vault.

I was honored when Harley and Joe inquired if I had the time to cook up an adventure for #46 and immediately got on the horn with my pal Scott Greene to see if he was up to the challenge of helping me work out the monsters and hazards I had in mind. I was even more thrilled to hear that our selection made the cut!

Looking forward to more action with Joe, Harley and the gang in the future!

PSF4L

Case
SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

If they did, I'd likely subscribe.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

SavageRobby wrote:
If they did, I'd likely subscribe.
I've seen this comment crop up in a couple places. I was explaining my perspective to another subscriber and she suggested I post it here. As a general rule of thumb, I think bricks and mortar retail stores are the backbone of this industry. I try not to compete with them. Thus I don't want to offer a subscription deal that a retailer can't mimic. If I were to offer a print+PDF subscription deal, I would charge full price for both components. When I hear comments like the above -- where the free PDF is the dealbreaker on a subscription -- that makes me think I'm doing the right thing. I'd rather you buy your DCC modules at your local store, not online or via a subscription. But I do offer those options as a service to gamers who aren't near a local store. I hope that explains why I don't offer a print+PDF subscription option.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mark_Gedak »

Thanks for your thoughts on this Joe. I know my friendly local game store really appreciates the sales it makes from the dungeon crawl classic line. I won't bring this up again.

- Mark
SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

Makes sense. I appreciate your perspective and taking the time to give us the explanation (even if I'm not fond of the net result). :)
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Is 54 miles away far enough to qualify for the "deal"? Besides, he still sucks at stocking the recent stuff. I believe "Belly of the Beast" is the most recent DCC he has.

Since he is over 50 miles away I haven't even been in his store for nearly 3 months, so maybe he's doing better. I know he didn't even carry DCC 35, or sold out so fast I didn't see it in the store. Which is very possible.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
kenwig
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kenwig »

I understand your pain Treebore. I'm about 45-50 minutes away from the closest games store in either direction. Some stores aren't even friendly! :shock:

Maybe the PDF's are the way to go?

Personally, I collect the hard copies and use the PDF's to play.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”