DCC in Toronto!?

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Xenophon
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Meeplemart

DCC in Toronto!?

Post by Xenophon »

Does anyone know of any groups/events in Toronto? I'd love to get in on a session+campaign - but it's unfortunately hard to find games in this city. Any leads? Cheers,

X
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: DCC in Toronto!?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Keep posted. I will be starting a public game fairly soon.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Xenophon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Xenophon »

Cool, I will. Thanks!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

In the meantime....

http://ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/2018/0 ... ature.html

If you are in Toronto on June 16th, come and join me!
401 Games @ 518 Yonge Street Toronto!

EDIT: I have no idea why that image tag isn't working.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
mutazoid
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Comic Connection

Post by mutazoid »

Im out in Oakville but interested in a campaign.
Xenophon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Xenophon »

I've been in touch with a few on other boards, but nothing concrete yet.

I'll definitely be attending the event posted above.
ProfessorPlum
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Sword and Board

Post by ProfessorPlum »

Hello,

I am looking to DM a regular group for DCC at my local game store in the west-end of Downtown Toronto off of Bloor W. and Lansdowne Ave.
I am hoping to arrange something in the afternoons or evenings during the week based upon availability of space and people's schedules..

The game will be open to mature and reliable players regardless of experience with system.
Please reply or message me if you are interested.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Welcome to the boards, Prof. Plum. Would you be using published material or your own?
SoBH pbp:

ProfessorPlum
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ProfessorPlum »

Thank you.
My thought was we would stick with the rules and material published by Goodman Games in order to allow for players with different levels of experience with either the D.C.C. system or even RPGs in general
Xenophon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Xenophon »

What gaming store is that?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ProfessorPlum wrote:Thank you.
My thought was we would stick with the rules and material published by Goodman Games in order to allow for players with different levels of experience with either the D.C.C. system or even RPGs in general
My knowledge of the published adventures in pretty extensive. That precludes me from being a player, I guess. :(

Still, I live in Toronto, and if you need help with anything, please let me know. :D
SoBH pbp:

ProfessorPlum
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ProfessorPlum »

Xenophon wrote:What gaming store is that?
It's called 'The Sword and Board', new ownership of what used to be the Toronto location of 'Dueling Grounds'.
ProfessorPlum
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ProfessorPlum »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
My knowledge of the published adventures in pretty extensive. That precludes me from being a player, I guess. :(

Still, I live in Toronto, and if you need help with anything, please let me know. :D
That is unfortunate.
Thank you again however for the offer.
Xenophon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Xenophon »

I knew that dueling grounds closed, but had no idea that someone picked it up.

When would you be starting?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Wait.....there's a new store where Dueling Grounds used to be?

Prof. Plum, I'm in the Annex and have access to nearly everything produced for DCC thus far. You can absolutely PM me if you run into any sort of difficulty. I also wrote a few adventures for Goodman Games, so if you end up running any of them, I would be interested in hearing how they went.

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

Joe_Kilmartin
Gongfarmer
FLGS: 401 Games in Toronto

Post by Joe_Kilmartin »

ProfessorPlum wrote:Hello,

I am looking to DM a regular group for DCC at my local game store in the west-end of Downtown Toronto off of Bloor W. and Lansdowne Ave.
I am hoping to arrange something in the afternoons or evenings during the week based upon availability of space and people's schedules..

The game will be open to mature and reliable players regardless of experience with system.
Please reply or message me if you are interested.

I am indeed interested - also, you're close! I live near College & Ossington.
ProfessorPlum
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ProfessorPlum »

Xenophon wrote:I knew that dueling grounds closed, but had no idea that someone picked it up.

When would you be starting?
Joe_Kilmartin wrote:

I am indeed interested - also, you're close! I live near College & Ossington.

wonderful.
as I stated previously I was hoping to run the game weekday afternoons or evenings please let me know in PM when the both of you might be available to play.
ProfessorPlum
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ProfessorPlum »

looks like we are all on board for the evening of the 24th. *fingers crossed*

first session will be rolling up lvl 0 Characters on site and then hopefully getting thru a Lvl 0 Funnel Module successfully.

bring your dice and pencils and any books you might like to bring; I will be supplying the character sheets for everyone, character creation cheat sheets for anyone that needs them(and bringing my tablet with PDFs loaded).

Sword and Board doesn't allow food or drink in play area apparently but I was gonna have a break halfway thru or whatever if wanted.
ProfessorPlum
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ProfessorPlum »

we are scheduled to start @ 7:00 pm but I will be arriving early on Thursday to set-up; if anyone wants to get a head start on rolling up your characters I will be arriving sometime after 6:00-6:30 pm.
ProfessorPlum
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ProfessorPlum »

Raven_Crowking wrote:

I've only read the first few articles but I have been enjoying your blog of late.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ProfessorPlum wrote:I've only read the first few articles but I have been enjoying your blog of late.
Thank you, Sir!
SoBH pbp:

ProfessorPlum
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ProfessorPlum »

just an update for any lurkers out there 'riding the fence' about joining in, we will be having our sixth session in an on-going campaign.

The game will be open to mature and reliable players regardless of experience with system or R.P.G.s in general. New Players can message me to make arrangements to join in the old-school fun.

NOTE: we are breaking with our bi-weekly schedule by playing this week(July 12th) and will be taking a hiatus for the rest of the month of July.
ProfessorPlum
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ProfessorPlum »

another update for any lurkers out there 'riding the fence' about joining in; I will be running my 15th public session of the on-going campaign @ The Sword & Board in Downtown Toronto this evening.

I also wanted to burn luck points towards Raven_Crowking's on-going efforts later this month @ The Sword & Board.....I heard very good things from some of my players after his FreeRPG Day sessions and very much hope to be able to take part myself(as I have been getting that player character itch).....and I continue to enjoy reading his articles when I get the chance. :D
DremaHook
Gongfarmer
FLGS: gamerx

Post by DremaHook »

I am survey to DM a general gathering for DCC at my nearby amusement retailer in the west-end of Downtown Toronto off of Bloor W. Moreover, Lansdowne Ave. I'm wanting to form anything in the nighttimes or evenings amid the time reliant on availability of area and individuals' timetables..
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

I'm still trying to get my brother (who lives in Bradford ON) to get in on one of Daniel's public games. I've told him several times he's missing out on some quality gaming.

Return to “DCC RPG Community”