Core rulebook .pdf

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Core rulebook .pdf

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Is the .PDF file bookmarked and if not are there plans to make that happen in the future?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Core rulebook .pdf

Post by Raven_Crowking »

My pdf is bookmarked.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

My iPad is at home and I couldn't remember if the table of contents had links or not...to busy whipping past that to get to the nifty bits I suppose.

Thanks!
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

My latest version (4th printing) has bookmarks, but it does not contain in-text hyperlinks.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

ThickSkullAdv wrote:My latest version (4th printing) has bookmarks, but it does not contain in-text hyperlinks.
That makes sense as I don't recall any throughout the text.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Changed the app I was using to read it and problem solved!

For anyone making the same mistake as me, the Adobe reader app does what you need (I was using GoodReader before).
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

soulcatcher78 wrote:Changed the app I was using to read it and problem solved!

For anyone making the same mistake as me, the Adobe reader app does what you need (I was using GoodReader before).
GoodReader seems to be displaying the bookmarks just fine on my iPad Pro. (Though sadly, it appears the app might have been abandoned by the dev, with no communication or activity since early last fall. It's always been at the center of all my PDF activities! PDF Expert is a very good alternative).
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

After further investigation I found them, thanks Jon!

My iPad is getting old and slow when it comes to some larger files (Call of Cthulhu 7th ed, Dresden Files, etc.). How does the Pro model hold up to larger (100MB plus) files?
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

soulcatcher78 wrote:After further investigation I found them, thanks Jon!

My iPad is getting old and slow when it comes to some larger files (Call of Cthulhu 7th ed, Dresden Files, etc.). How does the Pro model hold up to larger (100MB plus) files?
The Pro seems to be blazing fast with just about everything. (Faster than my desktop in fact for many things!)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

tovokas wrote:
soulcatcher78 wrote:Changed the app I was using to read it and problem solved!

GoodReader seems to be displaying the bookmarks just fine on my iPad Pro. (Though sadly, it appears the app might have been abandoned by the dev, with no communication or activity since early last fall. It's always been at the center of all my PDF activities! PDF Expert is a very good alternative).
Oh, that's going to suck if GoodReader goes away. I use that app daily.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

ThickSkullAdv wrote:Oh, that's going to suck if GoodReader goes away. I use that app daily.
In a Facebook post I was following, someone from the company finally responded after a number of months, stating they were answering support emails and still in business. (They didn't answer the one question I sent, and some things like Dropbox syncing were apparently deep-sixed by iOS 10.3)

Still it seems very strange they would essentially go completely dark for six months. As you mentioned, Goodreader is a core app for many, many users, and one would think a healthy company would be interacting with such a devoted fan base. I've been exploring PDF Expert as a potential replacement, and it's pretty good. (Though I can't get my local shares to work, which is actually a pretty big roadblock for my normal workflow).

Despite the glories of the printed adventures, I still do 90% of my DCC reading/editing using PDF's on my iPad!
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com

Return to “DCC RPG General”