Is Dragonmech dead?

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Lord Nat
Ill-Fated Peasant

Is Dragonmech dead?

Post by Lord Nat »

I have heard nothing of new books and seeing as the board is kind of dead here I fear the game might have come to it's untimely death...

Is there any hope for new life?
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

It will never be dead if I have anything to say about it. Which I really don't. But I just keep coming up with ideas and I can't make them stop. I really need some people to GM for again...
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

my need

Post by tadk »

i need to get the book
start a new job in a week
mightbe able to get it then
same with ES softcover
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

We don't have any other books in the works right now, but that doesn't mean its dead! Several of the authors have run some great adventures at Gen Cons past, and I've talked to them about perhaps putting together a compilation of those sometime in the future. Right now Castle Whiterock is our main focus, but once that 500-page monster is finally out of the way, we can focus on other things. Besides, no game is truly dead until you've read all the material and played the whole world out... which is no easy task in a world as broad as DragonMech...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Yep, and I'm one of those guys that Joseph mentioned. Once the mammoth and magnificent Castle Whiterock is wrapped up, I'll turn my attention toward converting a DragonMech adventure I ran at Gen Con a couple of years back. So we'll see where that takes us.

And as Dieter has said, it won't die as long as there are people like him generating ideas for it. (And I recently started running my weekly group through a DragonMech campaign. I hope you find players, Dieter!)

--Ken
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
Flushmaster
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Flushmaster »

Are there any plans for any DM games at GenCon 07? I'll definitely be there, since I'm already committed to being staff for the True Dungeon again (I volunteered last year via reference from a friend that doesn't play D&D but liked the idea...because of the last minute nature of my arrangements it took me talking to the head of the project via phone for her to remember me as an impromptu room DM -if you went through itm I spent most of my time running a "web trap room"- but now my previous DM experience has landed me a confirmed spot), but if there's a scheduled DM game I still have time to make sure I can work it into my schedule. Heck, the main hilight of last year's GenCon for me (despite the awesomeness of TD) was getting a copy of "The Last City" and having Joseph personally sign it. I was mostly out of it between hangovers from nightly parting and the general sleep deprivation I was experiencing (due to my boss being a jerk I couldn't get time off until thursday night, then I spent all night driving to Indy to arrive just in time to eat breakfast and show up for a 10 hr TD shift...I think I was certifiably insane, at least after hitting the TD tavern bar -which does serve hard liquor- afterwards).

I think I need to go to bed. But the main points here are: Will there be a dragonmech game at GenCon 07? If so, I want in on it, especially if it's run by Goodman Games people. And if you like D&D in general, see if you can get in on the True Dungeon; a semi-LARP that's exquisitely designed by some brilliant people (I'm just a volunteer) and, whilst already sold out for the entire con, there are standby slots available in case somebody doesn't show up for their scheduled spot (new parties enter every 7 minutes, with two seperate dungeons runnind at all times with 7 member parties, so those standby slots do result in play time).
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, there is DragonMech at Gen Con this year. Dieter is running at least two slots that I know of. You can sign up via the Gen Con prereg site.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Yes, I am running two sessions at GenCon this year. Unfortunately, I believe they are both full already. If there is enough interest, I could probably be talked into running a special Saturday night or Sunday afternoon session for people from the boards. I know of 4 people now who have expressed interest but couldn't make it into the scheduled sessions, so if we can find a time when everyone is available I'd be happy to run it again for you all.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]

Return to “DragonMech”