The Carnival of the Damned is Now Available!

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

The Carnival of the Damned is Now Available!

Post by tovokas »

At long, long, long last, I'm thrilled to announce the available of David Baity's The Carnival of the Damned in both print and PDF!

David has created something special: polished at conventions like Gary Con and Dragon Con, the adventure sports 143 digest-sized pages of clown-filled creepiness that can be used for DCC tournament play, as source material for many standard funnels, or as a massive pool of nightmare encounters that can be unleashed individually on any old-school campaign.

Featuring an awesome Doug Kovacs cover, the adventure is filled with incredible art from Simon Todd, Stan Reed, Danny Prescott, and Todd McGowan. I think you'll love the look.

In addition to the main book, a separate printable appendix is filled with goodies including every pic from the adventure in easily printable form to use as handouts, patron spells, and paper miniatures.

You can pick up a copy from RPGNow, or the Purple Sorcerer Games Store! We truly appreciate your support.

Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
Sudo Dragon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: The Carnival of the Damned is Now Available!

Post by Sudo Dragon »

Hey Jon,
Are there any hardcopies going to be available at this years GaryCon?

Dustin
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

David should have a few copies on hand. :)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
Rotten
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Rotten »

tovokas wrote:David should have a few copies on hand. :)
In that case, I know where to find him as I will be in a couple of his games.
kodos44
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Games Plus

Post by kodos44 »

Looks GREAT Jon!! Have the PDF, just waiting for the physical copy to print and ship. Thanks!
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Thanks so much! We're thrilled you like it.
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
xmiyux
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Lost Legion: The Vault

Post by xmiyux »

I bought this last week and am waiting for the hard copy... but have been reading the pdf version now.

It is *really* good.

I absolutely love the mood. I love how dark it is without making me think it is a Hot Topic teen buying ICP concert gear. I found several of the things to be really clever. Mechanics to emulate a carnival game being fixed (like some historically were) was a bit of genius imo. The overarching puzzle is intriguing and well fleshed out. Some of the perks that a character can gain are really cool with easy opportunities for a judge to bring a prop out.

Overall, I am just really impressed with it and can easily recommend it for the price.

My plan is to actually integrate it into a Shudder Mountain campaign and have the carnival travel around. So they will only encounter a few games at a time and slowly piece together its overarching puzzle between other activities in the Shudder Mountains.

That is for my home campaign. I will probably treat it like a funnel at school at some point. Maybe even use it tournament style with a bunch of high school kids.

So in general - I have much love for this module.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I was lucky enough to have had a chance to look at it before publication, and suggest a very few small edits...some of which may even have been used. This is a really, really good funnel, folks. It has a definite story behind the action, and the action is a great combination of moody and carnival gonzo.

Every once in a while, a piece of writing comes along, and you have to say, "Damn. I wish I had come up with this!" Actually, that happens with DCC a lot more often than with other game systems that I have played, but this is another that I wish I had written. Not because I want to take the well-deserved glory from the author, but because this is a thing I imagine any of us would be proud to have our name on.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Thank you xmiyux! When I say I'm thrilled that folks enjoy one of our adventures, I'm not exaggerating. It's a tremendous feeling, and I'm very proud of what David has put together.

And Daniel, just about every one of your suggestions made it in. Thank you for your generosity in both time and spirit!
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”