The Two Towers

You know... whatever.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

The Two Towers

Post by goodmangames »

I saw the midnight showing last night. WOW! It was incredible. It's one of the best movies I've EVER seen. I was totally blown away. The first LotR movie was kind of so-so, I thought, so I wasn't expecting too much from Two Towers but man, was I wrong. I'm definitely going to see it again.

It was so good that not a single person in the audience got up to use the bathroom during the movie -- then there HUGE lines at the restrooms afterwards (even at the men's room!).
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
RSKennan
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by RSKennan »

I'm very excited to see it, but I can't get there until this Sunday. I've never been this much of a movie fan boy before. :D
For years my favorite genre movie was Highlander, then The Crow, and when I saw the Matrix I thought it would never be dethroned. Now I feel that way about Lord of the Rings. Looks like the dusty old list will be modified again. Maybe I should count trilogies as one entry?
Proud Graduate of Parallel University.
Mr. Author
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Mr. Author »

I go see it today.

I don't know abou tthe Matrix. It was really cool, and it had some great cinematography, but it was very action-oriented. I like stuff to have a plot-driven storyline.

I guess that makes Solaris my kind of movie, and Serial Experiments Lain (the series) my Matrix.
(insert witty phrase)
RSKennan
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by RSKennan »

My taste in movies is pretty ecclectic. I enjoy "high concept" films, even mindless or action oriented ones. If they can pull off depth while maintaining the escapism, all the better. I like some anime,and I'm assuming the series you mentioned was anime because of the title, but I'm not a buff by any stretch. I'm usually a stickler for genre movies taking themselves seriously,with the exception of Monty Python and Sam Raimi's stuff, and some anime can get too goofy for me. Others, like Akira, Vampire Hunter D, and Ghost in the Shell are incredible.

Even though I've said I like high concept films, that can go too far for me. While I entirely understand symbolism when used in the genre format, I feel that it is often taken too far. I'm reluctant to see Solaris for that reason. I might see it because you reccomend it, though.

Back to The Two Towers- I have never been this excited to see a movie.
Mr. Author
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Mr. Author »

Well, first off, if you like Ghost in the Shell, you'll have to clean your jaw off the floor after seeing Serial Experiments Lain.

As for Two Towers......really cool. Gave my friend head explodey. Not me, though. It was good, but I haven't been wowed by a movie in a long time.
(insert witty phrase)
RSKennan
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by RSKennan »

I'll try to check out Serial Experiments Lain , then. BTW, I've briefly been to your site, and your setting seems pretty damn cool.
JoeCrow
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JoeCrow »

Two Towers nearly ruptured my bladder. Cursed big bottles of water.

Gods Below, that movie was great. Those wargs rocked. If Serkis doesn't get a nomination for Gollum, I'm going to hit someone with a brick.

Now, I've got to talk the wife into seeing it again today. :D Shouldn't be too hard, she's still drooling over Viggo...
Mr. Author
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Mr. Author »

Yeah, the guy in the Gollum suit was great (I call it a suit because that's what it is, a CG-rendered modern day rubber suit). And the wargs were really cool. They reminded me of that sheep.....what's it called...it's extinct now....it had really big teeth.....

Ah! My brain!
(insert witty phrase)

Return to “Everything Else”