Mutant Crawl Classics (??)

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

reverenddak

Re: Mutant Crawl Classics (??)

Post by reverenddak »

Watch this, sweat and drool... and lust to play Mutant Crawl Classics:

https://vimeo.com/32351069
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Buttmonkey
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Buttmonkey »

Okay, that was seriously messed up. :shock:
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Post by JonHook »

Awesome news out of North Texas RPG Con that Mutant Crawl Classics is confirmed as an up-coming product from Goodman Games. More info to follow soon, including a Kickstarter soon. Congratulations to Jim Wampler for bringing this ball across the goal line! Touchdown! :mrgreen:
Mad Mage
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mad Mage »

Many play testers have given their characters' lives to make this possible, plus lots of inspiration and advice from many. So THANK YOU for helping an ancient AI out.
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” ~ E. Gary Gygax
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

I'll buy that! :)
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Seriously — take my domars!
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Gameogre »

Dang it! I want to see this game NOW! I am so damn tempted to let this Monkey out of his cage! I have LOTS of Bananas and I am NOT afraid to use them!

WE WANT THIS NOW!

When do we want it?

(come on guys don't leave me hanging)
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

NOW!!!
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
TGMoore
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by TGMoore »

MCC cover by Doug Kovacs

Thanks to the guys at Spellburn for this podcast! Skip ahead to 51:30 for the offical Mutant Crawl Classic from Goodman games at the North Texas RPG Con: http://spellburn.com/2015/06/09/ntrpg-c ... man-games/
ctaylor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ctaylor »

Excellent. That art has some 1st edition Gamma World flavor. Sweet.
VengerSatanis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by VengerSatanis »

Nice. Just found out about this and already can't wait. DCC lends itself to this sort of game, but it really needed something else to push it all the way through. Sounds like Mutant Crawl Classics is just what the doctor ordered.

Fabulous cover artwork, Doug!

VS
Melkor
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Melkor »

How cross-compatible will this be with this be with the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG?
Will you be able to easily take characters from one and drop them in the other?

If so, that will really scratch an itch I have had for running weird science-fantasy.
'But the discord of Melkor rose in uproar and contended with it, and again there was a war of sound more violent than before, until many of the Ainur were dismayed and sang no longer, and Melkor had the mastery.'
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Post by JonHook »

Melkor wrote:How cross-compatible will this be with this be with the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG?
Will you be able to easily take characters from one and drop them in the other?

If so, that will really scratch an itch I have had for running weird science-fantasy.
According to Jim Wampler, your DCC characters can leap into MCC with zero adjustments, and vise-verso. The "What's New at Goodman Games" seminar at North Texas RPG Con was recorded by Spellburn, (a saw that someone posted a link to the video a couple of posts above), and as always, it was a great panel to watch and listen to.
Mad Mage
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mad Mage »

Specific example from my play test campaign: The party fell through a dimensional portal early on into Stonehell Dungeon. A new player joined during that game, so I had her roll her PC up by DCC rules, and she got a wizard. She stayed with the party after they returned home and has been roaming the post-apocalypse ever since. As she was going to be limited to whatever spells she had in her old spell book, the wizard quickly buddied up to an MCC Patron AI and has been granted new "wetware programs" by the global AI (i.e. Invoke Patron AI and another patron spell).

She's been rocking and rolling that way in my campaign for a year now - the party wizard amongst a bunch of mutants, manimals, plantients, and even a couple of fellow humans :D
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” ~ E. Gary Gygax
Melkor
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Melkor »

Very cool.

Thanks for the response JonHook and Mad Mage. Really looking forward to this.
'But the discord of Melkor rose in uproar and contended with it, and again there was a war of sound more violent than before, until many of the Ainur were dismayed and sang no longer, and Melkor had the mastery.'
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Gameogre »

I love DCCRPG so don't get me wrong but Fantast will always take a back seat in my heart for a science fiction gamma world type games.

The though of mixing them together is beyond compare.

I will literally preorder six copies of the book with this kind of focus on the game.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Any solid news on this? When will the Kickstarter be? Any teasers? (more art, game write up, character example)
Mad Mage
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mad Mage »

From the NTRPG Con announcements: The manuscript is written and is now in editing. There will be section of the Goodman Games Gen Con Guide devoted to MCC RPG preview and starter rules, which include sample character classes, mutations, artifacts, and a Patron AI. Kickstarter is planned for later in the year, exact date to be determined at the whims of the Dark Master!
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Mad Mage wrote:From the NTRPG Con announcements: The manuscript is written and is now in editing. There will be section of the Goodman Games Gen Con Guide devoted to MCC RPG preview and starter rules, which include sample character classes, mutations, artifacts, and a Patron AI. Kickstarter is planned for later in the year, exact date to be determined at the whims of the Dark Master!
Will the Gen con preview info be available to the rest of us?
Mad Mage
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mad Mage »

Blood Axe wrote:
Mad Mage wrote:From the NTRPG Con announcements: The manuscript is written and is now in editing. There will be section of the Goodman Games Gen Con Guide devoted to MCC RPG preview and starter rules, which include sample character classes, mutations, artifacts, and a Patron AI. Kickstarter is planned for later in the year, exact date to be determined at the whims of the Dark Master!
Will the Gen con preview info be available to the rest of us?
The Goodman Games Gen Con Guides are typically sold later in the online store, if that's what you asking. Past that, who knows but the Dark Master?
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Yeah, a preview or something would be great.
Semi-Retired Gamer
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Wizard's Asylum

Post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

JonHook wrote:Awesome news out of North Texas RPG Con that Mutant Crawl Classics is confirmed as an up-coming product from Goodman Games. More info to follow soon, including a Kickstarter soon. Congratulations to Jim Wampler for bringing this ball across the goal line! Touchdown! :mrgreen:
I'm all over that! 8)
Charlie
----------------------------------------------------
I (mainly) blog about role-playing topics at The Semi-Retired Gamer.

Reading: The Lair of Bones by David Farland.
austonwithano
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by austonwithano »

This looks amazing! I'm going to make the trip to GenCon just to get the quick start rules. I really hope robot is a playable class though... Evil robots and Patron A.I. sounds perfect, but some of the most beloved characters in sci-fi / post-apocalyptic pulp are robots. I think it'd be a missed opportunity to not have them be one of the playable classes.
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

release date?
Mad Mage
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mad Mage »

The latest info (per Joseph at the "What's New at Goodman Games?" seminar at NTRPG Con) is a kickstarter later this year. Additional details will, I'm sure, be discussed at the Gen Con edition of "What's New..." :D

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”