Purple Sorcerer Games: Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Purple Sorcerer Games: Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry

Post by tovokas »

I'm please to announce the release of our newest adventure: Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry!

Writer Mark Bishop has crafted an exciting, old-school 0-level dungeon crawl designed to be completed in a single 4-hour session, perfect for conventions and demos. It's our first release in 6x9 digest format, and I'm thrilled with how it looks!

It's available immediately in PDF, print, and a PDF/Print combo at RPGNow, and in PDF through the Purple Sorcerer Store.

Check it out: I hope you enjoy it!
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Purple Sorcerer Games: Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pant

Post by finarvyn »

This sounds really cool. I like the fact that it's good for demo games, etc., and that it's for zeroes. I don't have enough adventures that fit those requirements and I demo DCC often enough to want more. 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Count Fosco
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Count Fosco »

I picked this up yesterday and am thrilled with the product. It is a nifty adventure with a little mystery amd weirdness. Big enough to use up four hours with some options to trim if the party is slow. My first Purple Sorceror game and clearly not my last.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Thanks Count Fosco! Glad you enjoyed it.
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
Cthulhuoid
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Cthulhuoid »

I read the synopsis of this on rpgnow, this sounds really great. Cant wait to run it!
Judge Roy Snyder
DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

Running this adventure tomorrow night...I'll report back soon! But it looks awesome!
DM Marcus
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DM Marcus »

DM Cojo wrote:Running this adventure tomorrow night...I'll report back soon! But it looks awesome!
I'm anxious to know your thoughts DM Cojo!
DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

I ran it for ten players (tying my personal judging record) with 3 zero levels each. It moved quickly, engaged the players, and had several things that sowed party distrust and dissension (in a good and fun way). Because I allow my players to level up at 10 xp mid adventure, we had a stall just before the final encounter, and only three players finished it out....but everyone reported having a lot of fun. I highly recommend this funnel..and look forward to more "quick start" adventures in the future. I really like my funnels to be completed in one session, so this format is great for that. I think in the future I will not level players up until the end, unless I just can't see them winning without leveling up (like in Sailors on the Starless Sea).
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

I ran the adventure for my home group. 4 players, with 4 PCs each. It did take us 2 nights to finish it, but that's only because we play from about 7pm - 10pm and they are notoriously slow.

The group had great fun in the adventure and the last couple of encounters lived up the spirit of the funnel whittling down 2/3 rds of the PCs. At one point we were close to a TPK.

As always, Jon's production quality in the module in terms of artwork and layout made the adventure a pleasure to peruse, and Mark Bishop's writing and cartography does a great job capturing the vibe of DCC. This is definitely an adventure worth owning for running at cons and new funnels.
themightyeroc
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by themightyeroc »

I'm going to be running this adventure as an all halfling zero level funnel for PALM CON 2014 in Florida. I'll be back to let you know how it worked.
Ah well, who wants to live forever? DIE!
worldoferoc.blogspot.com

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”