Free RPG Day Exchange

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Free RPG Day Exchange

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

I was thinking that maybe we should start a friendly exchange list for the the Damned, e.g. folks outside the USA that can't get DCC 51.5.

If I get an extra copy(s), I'll mail them to the UK, and my companions-in-arms in the UK can send me something cool. If there are enough of us Stateside to take care of this, maybe our DCC fellows across the pond and to the north will be sated in their quest for the Sinister Secret of Whiterock, without having to shell out $50 to scalpers on Ebay.

Course, won't know until June 23rd if I'm actually able to get extra copies, but I'll do my best. If you're out of the country, tag a post, and we'll see if the fans can accomplish what the distributors can't.
guslandt
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by guslandt »

Since the whole point of Free RPG day is to get new people into the hobby, hopefully there won't be any extra copies. Hopefully every copy goes to someone who has never played D&D before, and they all love it and start buying DCCs! :D

Shouldn't we actually feel guilty if we come home with one of these modules? Since that would mean it didn't go to someone new to the hobby? I'm a bit torn on this... :?:
Borealis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Borealis »

I won't be able to get across the border that weekend, since my school is holding our piano recital that Sunday, and my girlfriend (who lives about ten minutes from the Michigan border) will be here with me (and receiving a proposal and engagement ring at the same time).

Therefore, I'm offering to trade some of my gaming materials for a copy of DCC 51.5 for my son's Christmas present. I'm selling off a lot of 1st and 2nd edition material, including nearly two dozen 1st edition modules, the type that inspired the DCC line in the first place. If someone is willing to help me out, I can ship the requested materials within a couple of days after June 23.
An amateur practices until he gets it right; a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I'll see what I can do. If I can get my hands on two copies from my favorite comic store, I'll send you one if you'll provide me your address via this boards message system.

Of course you have GOT to remind me as time gets closer. :lol:
Borealis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Borealis »

JediOre wrote:I'll see what I can do. If I can get my hands on two copies from my favorite comic store, I'll send you one if you'll provide me your address via this boards message system.

Of course you have GOT to remind me as time gets closer. :lol:
Will do.
An amateur practices until he gets it right; a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Bad news Borealis.

My local store DID NOT sign up for Free RPG day. I'm in the same boat as you are now. No DCC 51.5 for me either.

I'm sorry. :(

Someone will need to let us know how Harley's lastest work looks!
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Gee, wouldn't it be cool if they offered it as a PDF once the 23rd is past...?

(wink wink, nudge nudge) :wink:
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

After a three hour tour I returned home with my copy of DCC 51.5!

Borealis, you have a message waiting.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Gee, wouldn't it be cool if they offered it as a PDF once the 23rd is past...?
How about:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2005
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Free RPG Day Exchange

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Save Vs. Death Ray wrote:I was thinking that maybe we should start a friendly exchange list for the the Damned, e.g. folks outside the USA that can't get DCC 51.5.
Or those of us in the US that had to work that day. :: points at self ::

I'm not bitter. I'm not gonna gripe or cry about not getting the free advent--

:: collapses in tears, shuddering and weeping and moaning in the corner ::

~ glances at previous post ~ Ah, salvation! I'm no longer a Damned.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”