Heroes TV show

You know... whatever.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Heroes TV show

Post by Ken Hart »

OK, who else is watching this? :D I'm loving it so far. Hiro rocks! Good mix of characters, and I like how some characters who seem "good" may be EEEvil.

--Ken
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Also a fan, but I missed episode 1...have to catch a replay somewhere.

Hiro is clearly the star of the show, but I've also liked Clea Duval since, like, ever, and what's-his-nose from Alias...the telepath. I think they've got a strong cast going for them.

I'm a little put off by the "save the cheerleader, save the world" message...did it have to be the pretty young blonde cheerleader from Texas? Not the Hispanic heroin-using artist? Not the two-faces-of-Eve website mom? I'm just saying...

I don't watch TV, really...I don't even have cable. Right now Heroes is literally the only show I watch.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

I've enjoyed Heroes as well and if you missed an episode you can watch them all online :) http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_ep ... how=heroes
- Joseph Frenia
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

I've been watching it too. It took me a few episodes to get into it, but now that the characters are starting to meet each other I love it.

I'm burning to know what model of time travel they're using.

And I'm happy to know that Jeph Loeb, actual comic book writer, is involved with it.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

I can't get enough Heroes. I started off not interested because it looked like another soap, but it caught me. I find the writing is similar to Battlestar Galactica which I am avidly watching. I went online and caught all 10 short episodes on the resistance (BsG) which are cool.

Mark Charke
Kaladhan
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Kaladhan »

Potential Spoilers
I can't wait for tonight's episodes. It seems there are people who have been using there powers for longer than this "generation" of heroes. Long live the invisible man!
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Man...the last two episodes have been STRONG!

SPOILERS

When Simone got shot, I and everyone in the room with me simultaneously shouted "OH sh*t!"
I'm a little worried about the clip we saw of the next episode where it looks like she's walking around and says something like, "Do you want to shoot me again?" (or words to that effect)...I really, really hope they don't balk at killing the character...I like Simone and what she brings to the show, but you shouldn't back away from a moment like her opening her hand with the key inside...that was good TV that can only be cheapened by having her come back.

I'm glad they stayed with just one story last week...finding out about Mr. Bennet was cool (even if it meant Eric Roberts was thawed out of wherever they store him normally), and anytime George Takei gets some screen time (especially speaking Japanese) is gold as far as I'm concerned.
In particular I like the radioactive dude's arc even if he is just a repackaged Havoc.
And call me slow if you like, but it didn't occur to me until a few weeks ago how much Mr. Bennet looks like Henry Peter Gyrich.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Oh yeah...Gyrich. Good call. But Bennet is smarter and more likable. :)

I was looking at a still image of the Simone thing from the preview (because I'm a geek like that) and even though she's standing there talking, she's also lying dead on a bed behind herself.
Dieter Zimmerman
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

We don't have cable either. I had heard about Heroes, and we decided to watch the episodes online. My wife and I had a Heroes all-nighter and caught up...now we have to wait until April...
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Episode 19:

I'm not going to rehash everything that happened, but I'll say one thing...

...did anyone else think that Linderman's "plan" sounded a lot like Watchmen?

mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

As a matter of fact, Wil Wheaton did in his blog. I didn't make the connection until it was pointed out to me, but yeah, there are similarities.
Dieter Zimmerman
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Episode #20: Ruled. I love Future Parkman. "Days of Futures Past." 'Nuff said.

Episdoe #21: Wow. As much as the previous episodes kicked arse, this one blew.
I realize every episode can't be a home-run, and I know it's a marathon and not a footrace, and I will will one for the Gipper, but seriously...
And how big a waste of time has the sword been?
Get the sword! It's a fake!
Get the sword! Powers still don't work!
Use the sword! It broked!
GAAAH!
And the whole Sylar thing...as a friend of mine put it:

"He didn't go back to make things right with mom because he thought he'd done wrong, which is what might have earned him redemption. He was a whiny little (radio edit) that ran to mommy when the bigger boy beat him up for his lunch money. Despite all his powers, he's still just a weak-willed, pathetic little socially retarded watch-hermit who needs his mommy to fix his problems."

Of course, she needs to switch to decaf, but still...

mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Yeah, it wasn't the best episode ever. I didn't really care for the future one either. I'm hoping for a couple stunning brain-squashing episodes to finish the season, but not sure I'll get them.

But for the first time in the series, I was actually kind of interested in Jessica/Niki!
Dieter Zimmerman

Return to “Everything Else”