DCC RPG Adventures Magazine

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

DCC RPG Adventures Magazine

Post by Silmarillius »

Attention Writers, Artists and Contributors!

reverenddak, myself (Silmarillius) and Skars are looking for submissions for a DCC RPG Magazine similar to Dungeon. Please submit your adventure designs (short or long), artwork and articles to adv.submissions@straycouches.com and we'll see if we can get you approved for the first issue.

Silmarillius
Last edited by Silmarillius on Tue May 07, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: DCC RPG Magazine

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

What sized adventures are you looking for? I'm assuming about 1000 words but thought I should ask.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

ThickSkullAdv wrote:What sized adventures are you looking for? I'm assuming about 1000 words but thought I should ask.
I think everything from 1-pagers, ~250, to 6000 worded ones would work too.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

It's not the size of the axe it's how you swing it!

:P
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Has this subsumed CRAWL! ? if so, does my sub transfer over? :lol:
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

beermotor wrote:Has this subsumed CRAWL! ? if so, does my sub transfer over? :lol:
No way. Crawl! will continue, business as usual. This would be to Crawl! that Dungeon would be to Dragon.

The DCC RPG Magazine subject line there is probably misleading, Silmarillius, you should probably change it to DCC RPG Adventures Magazine, or something.

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

reverenddak wrote:. The DCC RPG Magazine subject line there is probably misleading, Silmarillius, you should probably change it to DCC RPG Adventures Magazine, or something.
Done. Will be continually accepting submissions. Myself and reverenddak will let you know by email whether or not the submissions have been accepted. Please, any and all. If you have anything to contribute, feel free to submit.

-Sil
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: DCC RPG Adventures Magazine

Post by cthulhudarren »

I would subscribe as I do to Crawl! Though it seems like it has been so long since Crawl! had an issue out. :(
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

cthulhudarren wrote:I would subscribe as I do to Crawl! Though it seems like it has been so long since Crawl! had an issue out. :(
Latest issue, #7 is now shipping:

http://crawlfanzine.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... print.html

Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

The adventures absolutely MUST have cool maps like we are used to from other dcc rpg adventures.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

Thank you to Zargon, our first submission for this. Again, if anyone in the community has anything they would like to contribute, send it along.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I'll talk to you about this on Tuesday.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

Thank you to our next submitter, although I don't know his screenname, he has done the art work for The Revelation of Mulmo and Sepulcher of the Mountain God. Illustrations found here: http://davidwfisher.daportfolio.com/

I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with, along with all of you. Submissions will continue until the end of July. Our hope is to have the first issue out by the end of September!

-Sil
jozxyqk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jozxyqk »

So do I understand correctly that you're looking for a fully-completed adventure rather than a proposal (a la the recent contest, or Dungeon back in the day)?
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

jozxyqk wrote:So do I understand correctly that you're looking for a fully-completed adventure rather than a proposal (a la the recent contest, or Dungeon back in the day)?
Yep, fully completed adventures are what we are looking for and artwork.

Maybe we should call it "DAMN!" for DCC Adventure Magazine & News ;)
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Skars wrote:Maybe we should call it "DAMN!" for DCC Adventure Magazine & News ;)
I actually kind of like this idea. It fits alongside CRAWL. :lol:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Shinobi27
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Shinobi27 »

Silmarillius wrote:Thank you to our next submitter, although I don't know his screenname, he has done the art work for The Revelation of Mulmo and Sepulcher of the Mountain God. Illustrations found here: http://davidwfisher.daportfolio.com/
That would be me. Though I didn't work on Sepulcher of the Mountain God. So far I've worked on Angels, Daemons and Beings Between, Tomb of Curses, In the Prison of the Sorcerer Squid and The Revelation of Mulmo. I did a single image of a gong farmer for an issue of Crawl too but I'm not sure if that's out yet.

In any case, it's been a pleasure working on these fine products and I look forward to working on this magazine too.
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

Excellent work regardless. The adventures magazine is currently looking for a Layout Artist. If there are any takers, please not the submissions email at the top of the page. We are accepting adventure submissions (2000 words to 20,000 words), articles and reviews, as well as additional artwork and monster designs.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

If Thickskull makes one cool like Frawgs, we are all set!
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

Karaptis wrote:If Thickskull makes one cool like Frawgs, we are all set!
I'm actually working on 2 standalone mods right now, one of which I'd like to submit to this magazine. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

In other news, I'm targeting publishing my new module, The Haunting of Larvik Island in late June on what would be the 2-year anniversary of its original 4E publish date... I'm just hoping the artists that owes me the last couple of pieces of art is also down with that plan!
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

I should write up my conversion for Bone Hill. I'm happy with the bear-bugs and un-dead.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

I am currently (when not slaving in Nursing school), converting the U1-U3 modules making the Sahiugan or whatever into Deep Ones.
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

beermotor wrote:I should write up my conversion for Bone Hill. I'm happy with the bear-bugs and un-dead.
PLEASE do!
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

Excellent to hear guys. I've already taken a look at some of the stuff Raven_Crowking is working on for the magazine. As well, an individual named Jeff Volckaert has been happy to submit something he's working on. If it is not finished, feel free just to send me what you have for me to take a look. As well, still currently looking for a layout artist. If there is anyone who would like to help out, feel free. Our aim is to have all submissions in by 31 July 2013.
-Sil
Silmarillius
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Silmarillius »

Sill accepting submissions here: adv.submissions@straycouches.com

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”