Music to MCC by?

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

DavetheLost
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Music to MCC by?

Post by DavetheLost »

I have a pretty good handle on inspirational and background music for DCC, but what about MCC? What music gets you inspired for writing and playing MCC?
Booberry
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Music to MCC by?

Post by Booberry »

Blue Oyster Cult. Tangerine Dream. Rainbow. Gary Numam and Tubeway Army. Zombi, OGREsound, Perturbator, Lost Years and the various synthwave bands inspired by John Carpenter. Heavy Psychedelic Doom for the scavanging and travel sections. The Repo Man soundtrack. Class of Nuke'em High, Ramones, and 80s SoCal punk. All radio music released in the 8 years of Reganomics (80-88). The Streets of Rage soundtrack. Hulk Hogan's "Real American" walkout music. The Rocky 4 soundtrack. The Rock And Rule, C.H.U.D., and Swamp Thing soundtracks.

Old medicine show music from the Great depression and Appalachian religious hymns if you want a creepier old world apocalyptic vibe.
Murlynd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Murlynd »

Thinking about, I would go more toward Talking Heads and new wave bands for this type of setting. That said, I know that pre-rock'n Roll popular music from 1930-1950 have been used a lot in similar settings for electronic games, like Fallout.
killdefenses
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Guardian Games

Post by killdefenses »

Mort Garson - Plantasia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ScquRuRIyE

A weird album from 1976 full of electronic music composed for your houseplants.

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”