Max Wetware Programs

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

lithicbee
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Gamescape North

Max Wetware Programs

Post by lithicbee »

I am still a bit confused about the number of spells a Shaman gets, despite a previous topic (http://goodman-games.com/forums/viewtop ... 84&t=48085) here about it.

So with high Patron Bond AI rolls, the PC can cast Invoke Patron AI 2 or 3 times a day, and if the Bond roll is high enough, the PC can substitute one of the Patron's other wetware programs once per day. That seems like a very limited number of programs uses per day (1 or 2, or 3 if you got a very high Bond roll), and unlike with a DCC Wizard, even a successful program check uses up that program for the day.
Q1: Am I reading this right?

Follow-up questions:
"For Shamans, Intelligence affects wetware program count." Table 1-1 shows Max Wetware Programs based on Intelligence. But I'm not seeing it clearly explained what this Max Wetware Program means in practical terms.

Q2: If my Max Wetware Programs is +2 and my Patron AI Bond check did not give me any extra wetware programs, does this mean my patron immediately gives me access to 2 of the 3 programs it offers?

Q3: Or does the Max Wetware Programs bonus affect how many programs you can run per day?

For some reason, this is making my head ache. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”