Errata

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Errata

Post by KJ Obrien »

The rules and table for Dual Wielding are missing.
smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: TBS Comics

Post by smarttman »

KJ Obrien wrote:The rules and table for Dual Wielding are missing.
I'm not sure if this is errata or an intentional exclusion, honestly. The book never mentions two-weapon fighting at all, unlike lots of this errata which is contradictory omissions/information
KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by KJ Obrien »

XXX
Last edited by KJ Obrien on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by smarttman »

Interesting thing I noticed: in MCC, it lists a Maximum Number of Wetware Programs in the attribute list. DCC doesn't have Maximum Number of Spells, just additional spells known.

I think Shamans have a standard Number of Programs of four: which would fill out your programs if you rolled a 32+ on Patron AI Bond. Also, that's the number of spells that DCC wizards start with. I do not think the number of Programs you know goes up - I think it stays at 4 unless it is modified. That's from how I'm interpreting Shamans, who invoke their patrons for huge effects instead of like the wizards of DCC who sling spells more easily
smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by smarttman »

P. 226: Under Patron Taint: MANGALA, it says 'when patron taint is indicated for HEXACODA'. Should be MANGALA instead
DumbWizard
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Isle of Games

Post by DumbWizard »

No section on skills.
No mention of how to make an ability check.
The Character Funnel is not explained in detail as it is in DCC. There is no mention of creating multiple 0-level characters in the character creation rules, only in the intro to the sample adventure.
smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by smarttman »

Beepbeebeepbeebeepbeep. Urgent update from the kickstarter comments section! We can stop stressing so much now. Let's just keep looking for errata to help the crew along 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Hi everyone, acknowledging your feedback! Couple things. First, if you haven't already added your errata to the official thread, please do so. (See http://goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php… ). Giving us specific, detailed feedback in that thread will help ensure we're reviewing the exact issue you are trying to call out. Secondly, just to be clear, the book is "at the printer" but the printing process includes a proofing stage, which is where we're at right now. There are still several options for correction, which we're assessing now. More to come on that front.
danohead
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Zia Comics

Post by danohead »

Pg. 13, Birth Sign: "...that modifier becomes the character’s inherit lucky
roll..." should be "inherent."
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

So you're telling me the teleportation mutation has a chance!

I hope all the "never buying Goodman products again" naysayers will re-evaluate their position and stop being so negative.

Joseph Goodman has put out quality products, almost universally, for well over a decade and there's no reason to jump ship now.
smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by smarttman »

I see three big 'rules gaps' right now that aren't just typos or things omitted from DCC. They are

1. Teleportation is missing
2. The amount of programs, how you get them, and how they are cast isn't addressed
3. No way to determine monster crits

Obviously those aren't the only ones, but those are the most obvious ones I know of
smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by smarttman »

Should Death Pretense be an Active Mutation?
Miskatonic
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Pandemonium Books and Games

Post by Miskatonic »

@smarttman

I would split up 2 into two parts:

2.1: Do shaman's get wetware programs other than through the patron

(Jim addressed this on the Facebook page; apparently in playtesting Shamans were limited to patrons by default.) I think this could be addressed by adding a little bit in the 'optional rules' section that says "some rules don't apply to MCC by default (no classes have a maximum number of wetware programs, or programs above 3rd level), but are there to help if you crossover with DCC or create your own material.

2.2: What to roll for a wetware program check (action die + level + int ?)

None of these are things someone whose played DCC can't figure out on their own, but all could be addressed with a sentence or two (well, except the Teleport mutation, which either needs space, or the line removed on the chart)
smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by smarttman »

Miskatonic wrote:@smarttman

I would split up 2 into two parts:

2.1: Do shaman's get wetware programs other than through the patron

(Jim addressed this on the Facebook page; apparently in playtesting Shamans were limited to patrons by default.) I think this could be addressed by adding a little bit in the 'optional rules' section that says "some rules don't apply to MCC by default (no classes have a maximum number of wetware programs, or programs above 3rd level), but are there to help if you crossover with DCC or create your own material.

2.2: What to roll for a wetware program check (action die + level + int ?)

None of these are things someone whose played DCC can't figure out on their own, but all could be addressed with a sentence or two (well, except the Teleport mutation, which either needs space, or the line removed on the chart)
Flavor wise it makes sense to me that Shamans only have Patrons, honestly.
DavetheLost
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DavetheLost »

My assumption in reading was that higher level and expanded wetware programs would be coming in future MCC products, and that the charts went as they did so that the core rules would be in place for this from the start.

I like the flavor of shaman's needing to have an AI as a partron to gain wetware. Multiple patrons sets up the potential for some interesting divided loyalty situations.
boberro
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: No friendly stores in Europe, sorry.

Post by boberro »

Few things I found not clear about various mutations:

p. 40, Table 3-2, Defects. Is "Life Force Transference" supposed to be a defect? And it it is, then description on p.88 should include "at judge's discretion", just like with another only active defect in game "death pretense"?

p. 55, Regeneration, last result: If even a single cell of the mutant’s body remains intact, mutant may even revive himself from death within 1 round of death or incapacitation occurring. It's not clear for how long this "instant" effect is supposed to work. Are you supposed to activate the mutation the moment you're being annihilated?

p. 57, Spines, last result: "This mutation may not be used again for 7 days after this result." This mutation is passive, so probably it should be "This mutation may only be used once per 7 days"?

p. 105, Cognitive Immortality: Each failed attempt (either from a successful Will save or not being powerful enough to succeed in the attempt) permanently reduces the mutant’s effective level in this mutation by one die on the dice chain until the mutation is either re-rolled upon level progression or the mutant succeeds in a possession attempt.
This paragraph makes no sense to me. Level of mutation reduced on a dice chain? Active mutation being re-rolled on level progression? I'm lost.
DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

Pg 84: Delayed Reaction: sometimes the penalties refer to "combat initiative rolls" and sometimes just "initiative rolls." I assume these are the same thing, but should probably be labeled consistently.
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by thogard »

boberro wrote:
p. 105, Cognitive Immortality: Each failed attempt (either from a successful Will save or not being powerful enough to succeed in the attempt) permanently reduces the mutant’s effective level in this mutation by one die on the dice chain until the mutation is either re-rolled upon level progression or the mutant succeeds in a possession attempt.
This paragraph makes no sense to me. Level of mutation reduced on a dice chain? Active mutation being re-rolled on level progression? I'm lost.
The language is clunky -- could be that the action die is permanently reduced (which I like, btw, as something of a check on the power of this mutation). The second part seems to be providing a chance to eliminate that reduction. But, you're right, seems like only passive mutations should get the level-up re-roll. Per above, a success would reset the die, though, so the re-roll phrase should probably be taken out.
quozl
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by quozl »

The price on the back cover shows $29.99. Isn't the retail price supposed to be $39.99?
Chuck Korsin: Woodcutter. Str 14 (+1), Agi 10 (0), Sta 17 (+2), Per 15 (+1), Int 9 (0), Luc 9 (0), AC: 10; HP: 3; Weapon: Handaxe +1 (1d6+1), Speed: 30; Init: 0; Ref: 0; Fort: 2; Will: 1, Holy water (1 vial) (25 gp), Bundle of wood, 37 cp, Crowbar, Sack (large)

Barnum Bailey: Animal trainer. RIP Weapon: Club (1d4), Waterskin (5 sp), 30 cp
Gene Yusmore: Cooper. RIP Torch (1 cp), Barrel, 33 cp
Tellessa Storie: Elven barrister. RIP Weapon: Quill (as dart) (1d4), Book, 33 cp
DavetheLost
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DavetheLost »

Shh, don't correct that one. ;)
KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by KJ Obrien »

On page 172, under Power Sources, C-Cells are listed as Tech Level 4 with a Complexity Modifier 2.
On page 262, C-Cells are listed as Tech Level 3 with a Complexity Modifier 1.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

KJ Obrien wrote:On page 172, under Power Sources, C-Cells are listed as Tech Level 4 with a Complexity Modifier 2.
On page 262, C-Cells are listed as Tech Level 3 with a Complexity Modifier 1.
I believe that the text on page 262 was written first.

And then Jim Wampler had to change some batteries........

:lol:
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
quozl
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by quozl »

"loose" is incorrectly used instead of "lose" on pages 48,112, and 208
Chuck Korsin: Woodcutter. Str 14 (+1), Agi 10 (0), Sta 17 (+2), Per 15 (+1), Int 9 (0), Luc 9 (0), AC: 10; HP: 3; Weapon: Handaxe +1 (1d6+1), Speed: 30; Init: 0; Ref: 0; Fort: 2; Will: 1, Holy water (1 vial) (25 gp), Bundle of wood, 37 cp, Crowbar, Sack (large)

Barnum Bailey: Animal trainer. RIP Weapon: Club (1d4), Waterskin (5 sp), 30 cp
Gene Yusmore: Cooper. RIP Torch (1 cp), Barrel, 33 cp
Tellessa Storie: Elven barrister. RIP Weapon: Quill (as dart) (1d4), Book, 33 cp
Sorn1808
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: I have no idea.

Post by Sorn1808 »

Page 185, under Pyrosome:

In both the stat block and the description the word "envelope" should be "envelop".

Page 187, under Tetravalent:

In the stat block "envelope" should be "envelop".
Last edited by Sorn1808 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
boberro
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: No friendly stores in Europe, sorry.

Post by boberro »

oh my...
p. 131, Grappling rules: Grappling: Each party makes opposed attack rolls, adding the higher of their Agility or Strength modifiers. (Monsters add their hit dice instead.)

Opposed rolls are never explained in the book!
obryn
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Red Raccoon Games

Post by obryn »

My biggest hangups right now are in regards to the wetware programs that shamans get. As mentioned above, the process of acquiring and casting them isn't spelled out very well. Additionally, there's a visible gap between how many programs a Shaman can get, those programs' maximum level, and the very tiny lists for each Patron.

Isn't there/shouldn't there be a "generic" list? Limiting shamans - who are otherwise pretty feeble - to this scant variety of castings seems very constraining. The book feels incomplete because of this.

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”