First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

User avatar
herself
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:10 am
FLGS: The Caffeinated Dragon
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by herself » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:19 pm

[ooc] absolutely! Gaming takes back seat to anything else. We're here when you're ready but please take all the time you need. Hope everyone else is well!
Quentin Plum, Costermonger--L, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F-1, W0--st 7, ag 10, sta 7, pe 9, in 16, lu 13--sign: saving throws (+1)
Beezel Scribbler, Elven Barrister--L, AC 10, 5 hp--R0, F+1, W+1--st 12, ag 10, sta 13, pe 15, in 11, lu 8-- sign: broken star (fumbles) (-1)
Sally Longshanks, Herder--N, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F0, W-2--st 11, ag 9, sta 10, pe 5, in 12, lu 15--sign: the bull (attack+1)
Smythe Quickhands, Confidence artist--N, AC 10, 3 hp--R0, F0, W0--st 8, ag 11, sta 11, pe 9, int 15, lu 10--sign: spider bite (poison save, +0)

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3711
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by GnomeBoy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:48 am

This game is +3 for everyone's Fortitude checks.... You can't get more socially distanced than a forum play-by-post!

Best to you all.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
Judge_Yossarian
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 pm
FLGS: Labyrinth Game Shop
Location: Washington, DCC

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by Judge_Yossarian » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:18 pm

/ooc Ok, quick update from self-quarantine...

As the steam clears the chamber, you notice there are actually 4 exits from the room. You entered from the west side, the skeletons exited down a tunnel to the north. There is also a narrow passage to the east and a somewhat larger tunnel exiting south.

You again hear the constant rumbling noise... it appears to be louder in the south of the room.

Mercer sees nothing but scattered bits of bone and cloth at first, but on closer inspection sees the creature's skull and sword on the other side of the cavern. Between him and these items, the blob-thing is diligently dissolving the skeleton's pelvis. It is pretty slow, distracted, and has no clear sensory organs, so he thinks he'd have a decent chance to sneak past it, but it wouldn't be a sure thing (AGI Check to try, roll a luck check too in case you fail)

--------------
Chalmers frowned. "Harold, what would be a legal purpose for which to conjure a parrot?"

The Corpse that Love Built PbP:
Obadiah the Sharp: Chaotic Warrior (2nd level), Tax collector
Str: 15 (+1), Agi: 11 (0), Sta: 15 (+1), Per: 6 (-1), Int: 7 (-1), Luck: 7 (-1)
HP: 15/24; Speed: 25; Init: 2; AC: 15; Ref: 1; Fort: 2; Will: -1; Deed Die: d4
Main Weapon: Spear melee deed+1 (dmg 1d8+1+deed)
Secondary Weapon: Javelin melee deed+1 (dmg 1d6+1+deed) (x2)
Armor: Scale Mail (+4) Check penalty (-4) Fumble die (d12) Speed (-5)); Shield (+1) Check penalty (-1)
Equipment: Backpack, Rope - 50', Chain 10', iron spikes (3), small hammer, lantern, 3 flasks oil
Funds: 476 gp, 80 cp; Languages: Common

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3711
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by GnomeBoy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:49 pm

Mercer will forego the sword, already having one in hand that he knows he can trust.

Dejah speaks up about the noise, "Maybe we should go south, just to see what that noise is, and that it's not some other bizarre threat we need to worry about..."

Zend chimes in, "should we 'strike' that glob first? Or maybe some regular old fire will kill it... I've got a flask of oil -- who's got a good throwing arm?"

Kuruz tries to hide in the center of the group.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
herself
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:10 am
FLGS: The Caffeinated Dragon
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by herself » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:02 am

Smythe nods at Dejah's suggestion to head south, though he says "we'll have to decide quick, because what happens when the bugger's had its meal and is looking for the next one?"

Sally is also interested in checking out the source of the thunder.

Beezel will go along with what the others holding the sword want to do. He's not sure whether holding back with the sword is a good idea, though he's not a complete idiot, he's heard the thunder too.

Quentin tells Zend he thinks the fire could be a good idea, though he's not particularly good at throwing, either.

[ooc] Hi to all from soon-to-be nationwide lockdown! As of midnight wednesday all of New Zealand will be on a 4 week lockdown, to try and slow these damn numbers. Hope you are all doing ok. I know thinking about something other than the damn coronavirus (and the prospect of home schooling for a month, yikes) will be extremely welcome, so thanks again for the game :)
Quentin Plum, Costermonger--L, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F-1, W0--st 7, ag 10, sta 7, pe 9, in 16, lu 13--sign: saving throws (+1)
Beezel Scribbler, Elven Barrister--L, AC 10, 5 hp--R0, F+1, W+1--st 12, ag 10, sta 13, pe 15, in 11, lu 8-- sign: broken star (fumbles) (-1)
Sally Longshanks, Herder--N, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F0, W-2--st 11, ag 9, sta 10, pe 5, in 12, lu 15--sign: the bull (attack+1)
Smythe Quickhands, Confidence artist--N, AC 10, 3 hp--R0, F0, W0--st 8, ag 11, sta 11, pe 9, int 15, lu 10--sign: spider bite (poison save, +0)

User avatar
Vort
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 pm
FLGS: Shoebox Games / Eastridge Sports
Location: Calgary, Canada

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by Vort » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:53 am

[ooc]Apologies for my prolonged absence but I'm still here! Just been busy. Just popping in to say hope you're all staying healthy and away from everyone else!

@herself - I'm pretty sure Judge_Y and GnomeBoy know, but hopefully you know about VIrtual Gary Con, on right now, but if not, get yourself into some free online games over the next 3 days (if timezones allow). It's all free! https://tabletop.events/conventions/gar ... g/schedule

Will post shortly![/ooc]
Trevor / Road Crew (Calgary)
---
Shaky, Gambler, N, AC 10, hp 1, S12 A9 S5-2 P9 I9 L9, r+0, f-2, w+0, club +0 (1d4)
Shifty, Smuggler, C, AC 11, hp 1, S9 A15+1 S5-2 P13+1 I8-1 L8-1, r+1, f-2, w+1, init+1, attack rolls -1, sling +0 (1d4)
The Illuminating Anhk, Elven Artisan, L, AC 10, hp 3, S11 A9 S9 P13+1 I10 L15+1, r+0, f+0, w+1, fumbles +1, staff +0 (1d4)
KIA Bailey Bramford, Beadle, L, AC 11, hp 1, S13+1 A13+1 S12 P5-2 I13+1 L11, r+1, f+0, w-2, init +1, staff +1 (1d4+1)

User avatar
herself
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:10 am
FLGS: The Caffeinated Dragon
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by herself » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Vort wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:53 am
[ooc]Apologies for my prolonged absence but I'm still here! Just been busy. Just popping in to say hope you're all staying healthy and away from everyone else!

@herself - I'm pretty sure Judge_Y and GnomeBoy know, but hopefully you know about VIrtual Gary Con, on right now, but if not, get yourself into some free online games over the next 3 days (if timezones allow). It's all free! https://tabletop.events/conventions/gar ... g/schedule

Will post shortly![/ooc]
Thanks Vort, I hadn't seen that! Checking it out now :)
Quentin Plum, Costermonger--L, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F-1, W0--st 7, ag 10, sta 7, pe 9, in 16, lu 13--sign: saving throws (+1)
Beezel Scribbler, Elven Barrister--L, AC 10, 5 hp--R0, F+1, W+1--st 12, ag 10, sta 13, pe 15, in 11, lu 8-- sign: broken star (fumbles) (-1)
Sally Longshanks, Herder--N, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F0, W-2--st 11, ag 9, sta 10, pe 5, in 12, lu 15--sign: the bull (attack+1)
Smythe Quickhands, Confidence artist--N, AC 10, 3 hp--R0, F0, W0--st 8, ag 11, sta 11, pe 9, int 15, lu 10--sign: spider bite (poison save, +0)

User avatar
Vort
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 pm
FLGS: Shoebox Games / Eastridge Sports
Location: Calgary, Canada

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by Vort » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:19 pm

[ooc]Gary Con is over and I'm finally catching up with stuff. Onward![/ooc]

Shifty blurts out: "Oi! With Sally off carrin' duty we ain't got enough hands 'ere to hoist this thing!" referring to the Sword of Striking-and-Who-Knows-What-Else.

Shaky: "Hey,Shifty, you got a pretty good arm," he says in response to Zend's question. Shaky nods and releases his grip on the huge sword. "Gimme that oil," he says to Zend, extending a hand to take the flask, and then he pitches it at the blob. [Ranged attack: 18+1-1=18] "And how's about a light?" He lobs his torch after the oil. [Ranged attack: 8+1-1=8]

[ooc]Shifty has +1 AGI mod but -1 to all attack rolls[/ooc]

The Illuminating Ankh sniffs in disdain. "Yes, we should leave this -- *sniff* -- foul room indeed. But I don't know if heading towards the thunder is such a good idea." Of course he doesn't actually offer a good idea.

[ooc]How's everyone doing?[/ooc]
Trevor / Road Crew (Calgary)
---
Shaky, Gambler, N, AC 10, hp 1, S12 A9 S5-2 P9 I9 L9, r+0, f-2, w+0, club +0 (1d4)
Shifty, Smuggler, C, AC 11, hp 1, S9 A15+1 S5-2 P13+1 I8-1 L8-1, r+1, f-2, w+1, init+1, attack rolls -1, sling +0 (1d4)
The Illuminating Anhk, Elven Artisan, L, AC 10, hp 3, S11 A9 S9 P13+1 I10 L15+1, r+0, f+0, w+1, fumbles +1, staff +0 (1d4)
KIA Bailey Bramford, Beadle, L, AC 11, hp 1, S13+1 A13+1 S12 P5-2 I13+1 L11, r+1, f+0, w-2, init +1, staff +1 (1d4+1)

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3711
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by GnomeBoy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:21 am

OOC/ We're all fine here, laying low. Looking forward to Cyclops Con...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
herself
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:10 am
FLGS: The Caffeinated Dragon
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by herself » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:57 pm

Quentin, ever keen to assist, will take up the slack on the sword if needed...

[ooc] Ditto here! Trying to lie low for the most part :)
Quentin Plum, Costermonger--L, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F-1, W0--st 7, ag 10, sta 7, pe 9, in 16, lu 13--sign: saving throws (+1)
Beezel Scribbler, Elven Barrister--L, AC 10, 5 hp--R0, F+1, W+1--st 12, ag 10, sta 13, pe 15, in 11, lu 8-- sign: broken star (fumbles) (-1)
Sally Longshanks, Herder--N, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F0, W-2--st 11, ag 9, sta 10, pe 5, in 12, lu 15--sign: the bull (attack+1)
Smythe Quickhands, Confidence artist--N, AC 10, 3 hp--R0, F0, W0--st 8, ag 11, sta 11, pe 9, int 15, lu 10--sign: spider bite (poison save, +0)

User avatar
Judge_Yossarian
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 pm
FLGS: Labyrinth Game Shop
Location: Washington, DCC

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by Judge_Yossarian » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:34 am

Hi All. Sorry to slack off on this, I didn't realize folks were back!

Do you guys want to continue here or move to a discord play-by-chat, now that discord is a thing?

I think we've lost ManjoBan who can't seem to get the GG forums to work. If we stay here I'll see if I can't find someone to take over his characters.
--------------
Chalmers frowned. "Harold, what would be a legal purpose for which to conjure a parrot?"

The Corpse that Love Built PbP:
Obadiah the Sharp: Chaotic Warrior (2nd level), Tax collector
Str: 15 (+1), Agi: 11 (0), Sta: 15 (+1), Per: 6 (-1), Int: 7 (-1), Luck: 7 (-1)
HP: 15/24; Speed: 25; Init: 2; AC: 15; Ref: 1; Fort: 2; Will: -1; Deed Die: d4
Main Weapon: Spear melee deed+1 (dmg 1d8+1+deed)
Secondary Weapon: Javelin melee deed+1 (dmg 1d6+1+deed) (x2)
Armor: Scale Mail (+4) Check penalty (-4) Fumble die (d12) Speed (-5)); Shield (+1) Check penalty (-1)
Equipment: Backpack, Rope - 50', Chain 10', iron spikes (3), small hammer, lantern, 3 flasks oil
Funds: 476 gp, 80 cp; Languages: Common

User avatar
Vort
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 pm
FLGS: Shoebox Games / Eastridge Sports
Location: Calgary, Canada

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by Vort » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:59 pm

By play-by-chat do you mean realtime? What's everyone else think: pbp here or chat on discord? I'm getting kind of busy with scheduled things, so this format works for me. But, I can adapt.
Trevor / Road Crew (Calgary)
---
Shaky, Gambler, N, AC 10, hp 1, S12 A9 S5-2 P9 I9 L9, r+0, f-2, w+0, club +0 (1d4)
Shifty, Smuggler, C, AC 11, hp 1, S9 A15+1 S5-2 P13+1 I8-1 L8-1, r+1, f-2, w+1, init+1, attack rolls -1, sling +0 (1d4)
The Illuminating Anhk, Elven Artisan, L, AC 10, hp 3, S11 A9 S9 P13+1 I10 L15+1, r+0, f+0, w+1, fumbles +1, staff +0 (1d4)
KIA Bailey Bramford, Beadle, L, AC 11, hp 1, S13+1 A13+1 S12 P5-2 I13+1 L11, r+1, f+0, w-2, init +1, staff +1 (1d4+1)

User avatar
Judge_Yossarian
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 pm
FLGS: Labyrinth Game Shop
Location: Washington, DCC

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by Judge_Yossarian » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:23 pm

It wouldn't need to be real-time... We could treat it just like this, with a publicly viewable channel that people post in when they can, with the benefit of a built-in dice roller. But I'm open to either way.
--------------
Chalmers frowned. "Harold, what would be a legal purpose for which to conjure a parrot?"

The Corpse that Love Built PbP:
Obadiah the Sharp: Chaotic Warrior (2nd level), Tax collector
Str: 15 (+1), Agi: 11 (0), Sta: 15 (+1), Per: 6 (-1), Int: 7 (-1), Luck: 7 (-1)
HP: 15/24; Speed: 25; Init: 2; AC: 15; Ref: 1; Fort: 2; Will: -1; Deed Die: d4
Main Weapon: Spear melee deed+1 (dmg 1d8+1+deed)
Secondary Weapon: Javelin melee deed+1 (dmg 1d6+1+deed) (x2)
Armor: Scale Mail (+4) Check penalty (-4) Fumble die (d12) Speed (-5)); Shield (+1) Check penalty (-1)
Equipment: Backpack, Rope - 50', Chain 10', iron spikes (3), small hammer, lantern, 3 flasks oil
Funds: 476 gp, 80 cp; Languages: Common

User avatar
herself
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:10 am
FLGS: The Caffeinated Dragon
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by herself » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:19 am

Hi! I'm happy to go either way -- on one hand this is good because it's well, here, but I see what you mean about the dice rolling. I haven't used that on discord before so can't really comment but happy to give it a go if everyone would like to shift over!
Quentin Plum, Costermonger--L, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F-1, W0--st 7, ag 10, sta 7, pe 9, in 16, lu 13--sign: saving throws (+1)
Beezel Scribbler, Elven Barrister--L, AC 10, 5 hp--R0, F+1, W+1--st 12, ag 10, sta 13, pe 15, in 11, lu 8-- sign: broken star (fumbles) (-1)
Sally Longshanks, Herder--N, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F0, W-2--st 11, ag 9, sta 10, pe 5, in 12, lu 15--sign: the bull (attack+1)
Smythe Quickhands, Confidence artist--N, AC 10, 3 hp--R0, F0, W0--st 8, ag 11, sta 11, pe 9, int 15, lu 10--sign: spider bite (poison save, +0)

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3711
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by GnomeBoy » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:01 am

I'm fine with either site. Though I'm more partial to the forum, mainly because it's more familiar...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
Judge_Yossarian
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 pm
FLGS: Labyrinth Game Shop
Location: Washington, DCC

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by Judge_Yossarian » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:58 pm

No worries then! We can stay here. Sorry for my lack of commitment to this thread in the last few weeks. I'll try to keep it going now if everyone is still around.
The oil flask thrown by Shaky goes flying towards the blob and hits it squarely, but rather than shattering on impact, it just sort of sinks into the material and is absorbed. The torch misses the creature and clatters to the ground next to it. The blob crawls over the torch, enveloping it and extinguishing it, and then lurches towards the group.
Actions? Either let me know which direction you're running or roll init if you want to fight the thing. It's moving pretty slowly.

Also- for those watching at home- if you are interested in taking over Manjoban's characters and playing, send me a message!
-Y
--------------
Chalmers frowned. "Harold, what would be a legal purpose for which to conjure a parrot?"

The Corpse that Love Built PbP:
Obadiah the Sharp: Chaotic Warrior (2nd level), Tax collector
Str: 15 (+1), Agi: 11 (0), Sta: 15 (+1), Per: 6 (-1), Int: 7 (-1), Luck: 7 (-1)
HP: 15/24; Speed: 25; Init: 2; AC: 15; Ref: 1; Fort: 2; Will: -1; Deed Die: d4
Main Weapon: Spear melee deed+1 (dmg 1d8+1+deed)
Secondary Weapon: Javelin melee deed+1 (dmg 1d6+1+deed) (x2)
Armor: Scale Mail (+4) Check penalty (-4) Fumble die (d12) Speed (-5)); Shield (+1) Check penalty (-1)
Equipment: Backpack, Rope - 50', Chain 10', iron spikes (3), small hammer, lantern, 3 flasks oil
Funds: 476 gp, 80 cp; Languages: Common

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3711
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by GnomeBoy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:00 am

Mercer and Dejah shout, simultaneously: "East!" "South!" ...For a brief moment they look at each other as if the other is the dumbest person on Earth.

Zend says, "south" almost as a question.

Kuruz
looks back and forth at Dajah and Mercer, to see who will make a decision.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
herself
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:10 am
FLGS: The Caffeinated Dragon
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by herself » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Smythe and Sally both echo, "South!"

Quentin nods at this, nervously, and Beezel, disappointed there is no more sword zapping, reluctantly agrees with the southern suggestion...
Quentin Plum, Costermonger--L, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F-1, W0--st 7, ag 10, sta 7, pe 9, in 16, lu 13--sign: saving throws (+1)
Beezel Scribbler, Elven Barrister--L, AC 10, 5 hp--R0, F+1, W+1--st 12, ag 10, sta 13, pe 15, in 11, lu 8-- sign: broken star (fumbles) (-1)
Sally Longshanks, Herder--N, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F0, W-2--st 11, ag 9, sta 10, pe 5, in 12, lu 15--sign: the bull (attack+1)
Smythe Quickhands, Confidence artist--N, AC 10, 3 hp--R0, F0, W0--st 8, ag 11, sta 11, pe 9, int 15, lu 10--sign: spider bite (poison save, +0)

User avatar
Vort
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 pm
FLGS: Shoebox Games / Eastridge Sports
Location: Calgary, Canada

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by Vort » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:24 am

Shifty looked on with dismay at the enveloped flask of oil. "Waste o' a good flask, ain't it just. Sorry, friend," he said to Zend.

At the others' suggestions and seeming consensus of heading south, Shifty retook his position on the sword and looked to his smarter brother for guidance.

Shaky: "Well, we're supposed to get rid of the vermin and collect heads. This blob appears to have no head, so don't seem to need collecting. South it is!"

The Illuminating Ankh agrees. "South, then, it appears to be. Just as I would have suggested."
Trevor / Road Crew (Calgary)
---
Shaky, Gambler, N, AC 10, hp 1, S12 A9 S5-2 P9 I9 L9, r+0, f-2, w+0, club +0 (1d4)
Shifty, Smuggler, C, AC 11, hp 1, S9 A15+1 S5-2 P13+1 I8-1 L8-1, r+1, f-2, w+1, init+1, attack rolls -1, sling +0 (1d4)
The Illuminating Anhk, Elven Artisan, L, AC 10, hp 3, S11 A9 S9 P13+1 I10 L15+1, r+0, f+0, w+1, fumbles +1, staff +0 (1d4)
KIA Bailey Bramford, Beadle, L, AC 11, hp 1, S13+1 A13+1 S12 P5-2 I13+1 L11, r+1, f+0, w-2, init +1, staff +1 (1d4+1)

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3711
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by GnomeBoy » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:50 am

Mercer grumbles under his breath at everyone chiming in with "south" and will reluctantly go with the group. He shoots a glance at Kuruz, as if to say "you couldn't have helped me out..."
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
Judge_Yossarian
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 pm
FLGS: Labyrinth Game Shop
Location: Washington, DCC

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by Judge_Yossarian » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:02 pm

The group quickly heads south through a narrow, damp passage. The blob can't keep up.

After traveling down the winding passage, the rumbling noise gets louder and louder. The group holding the sword feel it shifting its weight forward, almost as if it is encouraging you down this path.

After a few minutes of hurried marching, the tunnel opens up into a vast cavern. The rumbling sound echoes louder than ever. Your eyes pass over piles of bones and refuse, noting one skeleton in particular, a large human one, with an ornate metal cuirass. Then, your attention is grabbed by the source of the rumbling sound at last... an enormous, corpulent reptile with proportionately tiny large claws and wings, taking up a full 1/3 of the cavern. The creature is snoring, seemingly sound asleep atop a pile of bones and rusty metal scraps.
--------------
Chalmers frowned. "Harold, what would be a legal purpose for which to conjure a parrot?"

The Corpse that Love Built PbP:
Obadiah the Sharp: Chaotic Warrior (2nd level), Tax collector
Str: 15 (+1), Agi: 11 (0), Sta: 15 (+1), Per: 6 (-1), Int: 7 (-1), Luck: 7 (-1)
HP: 15/24; Speed: 25; Init: 2; AC: 15; Ref: 1; Fort: 2; Will: -1; Deed Die: d4
Main Weapon: Spear melee deed+1 (dmg 1d8+1+deed)
Secondary Weapon: Javelin melee deed+1 (dmg 1d6+1+deed) (x2)
Armor: Scale Mail (+4) Check penalty (-4) Fumble die (d12) Speed (-5)); Shield (+1) Check penalty (-1)
Equipment: Backpack, Rope - 50', Chain 10', iron spikes (3), small hammer, lantern, 3 flasks oil
Funds: 476 gp, 80 cp; Languages: Common

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3711
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by GnomeBoy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:32 pm

"Crom's toenails — I knew we should've gone east," grumbles Mercer through gritted teeth.

Does the skeletal figure seem to react to us? Is it moving in any way?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
herself
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:10 am
FLGS: The Caffeinated Dragon
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by herself » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:48 am

Sally takes a good, long, look at the reptile, and she wonders if it reminds her of anything-- I mean, within her realm of knowledge and understanding. Obviously she's never seen a critter that large before, and a reptile with wings? She does however know the look of a well-fed predator, and she whispers to the others not to get too close.

Smythe is not going to enter the room, but will try to "assess" what's going on in the room. Is it a dead-end, or are there more exits? Can he put two-and-two together about the sword and the rumbling? i.e. does he think (I have no idea myself!) that the sword use is waking up the creature?

Beezel, naturally would like to point the sword at the big lizard. I suspect the others would stop him before he could do anything so foolish.

Quentin, the perpetually-nervous, whispers that the cube may very well block their escape if they choose to turn around... if they are going to go back, they should do it quickly...
Quentin Plum, Costermonger--L, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F-1, W0--st 7, ag 10, sta 7, pe 9, in 16, lu 13--sign: saving throws (+1)
Beezel Scribbler, Elven Barrister--L, AC 10, 5 hp--R0, F+1, W+1--st 12, ag 10, sta 13, pe 15, in 11, lu 8-- sign: broken star (fumbles) (-1)
Sally Longshanks, Herder--N, AC 10, 1 hp--R0, F0, W-2--st 11, ag 9, sta 10, pe 5, in 12, lu 15--sign: the bull (attack+1)
Smythe Quickhands, Confidence artist--N, AC 10, 3 hp--R0, F0, W0--st 8, ag 11, sta 11, pe 9, int 15, lu 10--sign: spider bite (poison save, +0)

User avatar
Judge_Yossarian
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 pm
FLGS: Labyrinth Game Shop
Location: Washington, DCC

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by Judge_Yossarian » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:41 am

GnomeBoy wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:32 pm
"Crom's toenails — I knew we should've gone east," grumbles Mercer through gritted teeth.

Does the skeletal figure seem to react to us? Is it moving in any way?
The skeleton, like the other assorted bones and bits in the rubble, remains motionless.
herself wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:48 am
Sally takes a good, long, look at the reptile, and she wonders if it reminds her of anything-- I mean, within her realm of knowledge and understanding. Obviously she's never seen a critter that large before, and a reptile with wings? She does however know the look of a well-fed predator, and she whispers to the others not to get too close.
Sally notices that the limbs and wings seem tiny and disproportionate to the body. Dogs and sheep are sometimes born with defects like this, and quickly die because they can't move around to feed themselves or follow the herd. You can't quite figure out how this thing would manage to move around, and it seems far larger than the tunnel you came in through.

Nobody sees any obvious entrances or exits from the cavern from where you're standing, although the place is massive and parts are obscured by rubble piles and the large creature.
--------------
Chalmers frowned. "Harold, what would be a legal purpose for which to conjure a parrot?"

The Corpse that Love Built PbP:
Obadiah the Sharp: Chaotic Warrior (2nd level), Tax collector
Str: 15 (+1), Agi: 11 (0), Sta: 15 (+1), Per: 6 (-1), Int: 7 (-1), Luck: 7 (-1)
HP: 15/24; Speed: 25; Init: 2; AC: 15; Ref: 1; Fort: 2; Will: -1; Deed Die: d4
Main Weapon: Spear melee deed+1 (dmg 1d8+1+deed)
Secondary Weapon: Javelin melee deed+1 (dmg 1d6+1+deed) (x2)
Armor: Scale Mail (+4) Check penalty (-4) Fumble die (d12) Speed (-5)); Shield (+1) Check penalty (-1)
Equipment: Backpack, Rope - 50', Chain 10', iron spikes (3), small hammer, lantern, 3 flasks oil
Funds: 476 gp, 80 cp; Languages: Common

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3711
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: First PBP Funnel of 2020: The Gig at the Wizard's Tower

Post by GnomeBoy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:15 pm

Zend will definitely help aim the sword at the big lizard thing. "Can't hurt to play it safe..." he whispers.

Mercer
looks back over his shoulder, "If we move now, we can probably get back through that other chamber and through the passage in the east wall before that slime thing can block our way -- Ah, who am I kidding, we're doomed either way..." His shoulders slump in defeat.

Kuruz starts to move away, as Mercer suggests, and then stops abruptly at the word 'doomed'.

Dajah moves cautiously into the room and along the wall, slowly, right-hand side.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

Post Reply

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”