Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:39 am 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3472
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
For the moment, I'm assuming Ducaster's Rodney also makes the roll.

You climb for what seems an hour... Any given foothold or new grip is easy enough, but the endless repetition grinds you down. Lyle has a near fall, but his rope and a quick grab of a new handhold saves him.

Eventually, you can see the bottom. It looks relatively level, sloping away slightly in the same direction as the room you entered into originally (before the wall ever swung around). As the floor is about 50 feet below you, you discover a simple metal door set in the wall! Next to the door, mid-height, is a small metal panel, about 4 inches square.


Here's a chance to discuss and decide what to do next, and hopefully we'll find out if Rodney made the climb.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Posts: 35
FLGS: Game Empire
Rockla would be more focused on what the rest of the space holds. She would climb down until she is just above the floor, scanning the area as she went. The group has not made any attempt to conceal their presence and it was a long climb down. She believes this would make for an opportune place for an ambush. And she rolled a 1...

Ray can not get off the rope fast enough. He would head straight for the door, as fast possible, without knowingly putting anyone else in danger.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 403
Location: North Carolina
FLGS: -
Lyle is with Ray in trying that door, and says as much as long as Rurik (and anyone else on this tether) agrees

_________________

Smilin' Lyle crushed like a bug...
Mr. Hammon (l) gongfarmer
Str14(+1) Agi13(+1) Sta16(+2) Per11(0) Int13(+1) Luc15(+1) AC11 HP1/6 Trowel+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init1 R1 F2 W1 Flask(3 cp), gloves, Thieves' tools(25 gp), Awl, Chain10' 41cp (W+1) Common, Law
Brother Mordecai (l) beadle
Str14(+1) Agi8(-1) Sta8(-1) Per15(+1) Int8(-1) Luc12(0) AC9 HP3 Staff+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init-1 R-1 F-1 W1 Flask, Holy Symbol, gloves(3pair), Razor, Scissors, 88cp (Turn unholy+1) Common
Mack Littles slain by a creature most "fowl"...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:14 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am
Posts: 31
FLGS: Game Craze
Rurik agrees the door is a good option.

_________________
Rurik, dwarven rat-catcher AC11, HP4, STR 9, AG 13 (+1), STA 11, PER 8 (-1), INT 9, LUCK 12 (current 11), Club +0(1d4)
Carmac, cobbler AC10, HP3, STR 14 (+1), AG 9, STA 9, PER 14 (+1), INT 14 (+1), LUCK 9, Awl +1(1d4+1) MARKED
Wilbure, turnip farmer AC11, HP3, STR 13 (+1), AG 14 (+1), STA 15 (+1), PER 11, INT 5 (-2), LUCK 6 (-1), Pitchfork +1(1d8+1)
Okar, grave digger AC10, HP1, STR 10, AG 10, STA 6 (-1), PER 9, INT 9, LUCK 11 (current 9), Shovel +0(1d4)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:36 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 pm
Posts: 169
Location: Travelling the Otherworld
FLGS: Athena Games Norwich.
GnomeBoy wrote:
For the moment, I'm assuming Ducaster's Rodney also makes the roll...


OOC: I am so behind sorry Guys works killing me and I just forget.. :(
Yeah rolled a 16... Now why cant he do that to HIT something more often...

IC: Shaking slighty after the exertion of the climb (Something he was hardly used to!) Rodney observed the door with relief!

"Oh ai Say! Somebody has built a nice door! So if they can come in we can get out! Now where the demm'd keyhole???"

Squatting down Rodney examines the small metal plate, Its probably concealing a keyhole after all....

OOC: Well unless some more cautious soul stops him he'll see if it opens someway to reveal a Keyhole :)

_________________
{Standard Disclaimer} If it was mentioned already and I missed it, please put this down to my advanced age and senility rather than discourtesy!
My DCC games work site is here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/?page_id=1869 Use my forum name here as the Password
Mutatis Mundi Game Cha sheet here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/MMdcc_character_sheet_13.4.18.pdf


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:18 am 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3472
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
[Sorry, everyone -- busy weekend, yesterday was busy, too.]


So checking out the door, you notice a metal panel next to the metal door, set on the right, mid-height of the door, about 4 inches square. Just starting to check it out, even just touching it, the door snaps open about 5 inches, sliding to the left, that bit disappearing into the wall.

Beyond the door, there is a burnished metal hall that stretches out in front of you, and to the left side a short jog and then stairs going up, the staircase parallel to the hallway going straight.

It won't take much work to pry the door open further.

My feeling is that everyone wants to go through the door, but if I'm wrong, just let me know. We can do a split split party, if you want to... :mrgreen:

Basically, there's going through the door or continuing to climb down. That includes someone waiting to do one of those, while others do a little bit of the other.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am
Posts: 31
FLGS: Game Craze
Rurik will help pry the door open, once inside he is going to sit down and catch his breath, wilbure will follow.

_________________
Rurik, dwarven rat-catcher AC11, HP4, STR 9, AG 13 (+1), STA 11, PER 8 (-1), INT 9, LUCK 12 (current 11), Club +0(1d4)
Carmac, cobbler AC10, HP3, STR 14 (+1), AG 9, STA 9, PER 14 (+1), INT 14 (+1), LUCK 9, Awl +1(1d4+1) MARKED
Wilbure, turnip farmer AC11, HP3, STR 13 (+1), AG 14 (+1), STA 15 (+1), PER 11, INT 5 (-2), LUCK 6 (-1), Pitchfork +1(1d8+1)
Okar, grave digger AC10, HP1, STR 10, AG 10, STA 6 (-1), PER 9, INT 9, LUCK 11 (current 9), Shovel +0(1d4)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 403
Location: North Carolina
FLGS: -
Lyle, also happy to be done climbing, will scramble into the doorway. Drawing his razor, he peers down the hall for any threats- or anything valuable!

Lyle, quietly: "Might wanna keep an eye out for more a them slimeballs- beastie came from somwhere..."

_________________

Smilin' Lyle crushed like a bug...
Mr. Hammon (l) gongfarmer
Str14(+1) Agi13(+1) Sta16(+2) Per11(0) Int13(+1) Luc15(+1) AC11 HP1/6 Trowel+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init1 R1 F2 W1 Flask(3 cp), gloves, Thieves' tools(25 gp), Awl, Chain10' 41cp (W+1) Common, Law
Brother Mordecai (l) beadle
Str14(+1) Agi8(-1) Sta8(-1) Per15(+1) Int8(-1) Luc12(0) AC9 HP3 Staff+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init-1 R-1 F-1 W1 Flask, Holy Symbol, gloves(3pair), Razor, Scissors, 88cp (Turn unholy+1) Common
Mack Littles slain by a creature most "fowl"...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3472
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Getting inside the hall, it becomes clear that the hall ahead curves slightly to the right after about 30 feet. As it does so, it looks like the floor is broken away, leaving a jagged edge of crumbling metal.

You may rest as long as you wish; let me know how long...

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am
Posts: 31
FLGS: Game Craze
Rurik "It appears as though our path has been decided, with the floor giving away ahead, I think the stairs are out best option, plus with them going up, maybe we will find our companions."

_________________
Rurik, dwarven rat-catcher AC11, HP4, STR 9, AG 13 (+1), STA 11, PER 8 (-1), INT 9, LUCK 12 (current 11), Club +0(1d4)
Carmac, cobbler AC10, HP3, STR 14 (+1), AG 9, STA 9, PER 14 (+1), INT 14 (+1), LUCK 9, Awl +1(1d4+1) MARKED
Wilbure, turnip farmer AC11, HP3, STR 13 (+1), AG 14 (+1), STA 15 (+1), PER 11, INT 5 (-2), LUCK 6 (-1), Pitchfork +1(1d8+1)
Okar, grave digger AC10, HP1, STR 10, AG 10, STA 6 (-1), PER 9, INT 9, LUCK 11 (current 9), Shovel +0(1d4)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 403
Location: North Carolina
FLGS: -
Rurik wrote:
"...I think the stairs are our best option, plus with them going up, maybe we will find our companions."

I missed the fact that there were stairs somehow... :mrgreen:

Lyle agrees but wants to peer over the jagged edge before committing to the stairs out of insatiable morbid curiosity.

_________________

Smilin' Lyle crushed like a bug...
Mr. Hammon (l) gongfarmer
Str14(+1) Agi13(+1) Sta16(+2) Per11(0) Int13(+1) Luc15(+1) AC11 HP1/6 Trowel+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init1 R1 F2 W1 Flask(3 cp), gloves, Thieves' tools(25 gp), Awl, Chain10' 41cp (W+1) Common, Law
Brother Mordecai (l) beadle
Str14(+1) Agi8(-1) Sta8(-1) Per15(+1) Int8(-1) Luc12(0) AC9 HP3 Staff+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init-1 R-1 F-1 W1 Flask, Holy Symbol, gloves(3pair), Razor, Scissors, 88cp (Turn unholy+1) Common
Mack Littles slain by a creature most "fowl"...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:36 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3472
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:
Lyle agrees but wants to peer over the jagged edge before committing to the stairs out of insatiable morbid curiosity.

Lyle finds that there is a gap of about 10 feet, and the hallway continues to curve around to the right.

At the risk of losing mystery but moving things along, it's a DC 10 check to do the jump.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:49 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 pm
Posts: 169
Location: Travelling the Otherworld
FLGS: Athena Games Norwich.
GnomeBoy wrote:
Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:
Lyle agrees but wants to peer over the jagged edge before committing to the stairs out of insatiable morbid curiosity.

Lyle finds that there is a gap of about 10 feet, and the hallway continues to curve around to the right.

At the risk of losing mystery but moving things along, it's a DC 10 check to do the jump.


OOC: More than happy to explore this "Civilised" hallway rather than climb further into the unknown :) Ditto the "Un-crumbled" stairs.. Are the Stairs also "Burnished Metal" or something else?

IC: "W-why are we bothering with that hole fellows? I d-don't like the idea of the corroded metal m-make me w-w-wonder if a slime beast ay - ate it!"

Cautiously Rodney edges towards the stairs...

_________________
{Standard Disclaimer} If it was mentioned already and I missed it, please put this down to my advanced age and senility rather than discourtesy!
My DCC games work site is here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/?page_id=1869 Use my forum name here as the Password
Mutatis Mundi Game Cha sheet here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/MMdcc_character_sheet_13.4.18.pdf


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:34 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Posts: 35
FLGS: Game Empire
Sorry, long week. Home now.

Ray would follow the flow of the group.

Rockla, lost in thought and in her element while climbing down the wall, would want to look around before entering the door. She has never seen this kind of rock formation before and still can't believe that a creature like that actually existed. Before her exile, she lived a very solitary life as a mushroom farm. Some of her fondest memories, those not engulfed in regret and second-guessing, are of exploring the deep unknown.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:06 am 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3472
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Rockla, once everyone else has moved into the hallway, finds her infravision adjusting to the lack of a torch nearby and can see that the bottom of the "silo" is just 25 feet below her...


Everyone else finds the stairs going up about 30 feet, with a landing at the top (which may lead to another flight of stairs. The stairs themselves seem to be made of the same 'burnished metal'.


[FYI, we're on the cusp of switching back to the other group.]

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:25 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Posts: 35
FLGS: Game Empire
Rockla will cautiously head down to the base of the silo.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 403
Location: North Carolina
FLGS: -
Lyle: "Just wanted to make sure one o them buggers wasn't lurkin' right there to get us from behind, is all! Heya, wait up!"

With that, he hurries to join those gathered on the stairs.

_________________

Smilin' Lyle crushed like a bug...
Mr. Hammon (l) gongfarmer
Str14(+1) Agi13(+1) Sta16(+2) Per11(0) Int13(+1) Luc15(+1) AC11 HP1/6 Trowel+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init1 R1 F2 W1 Flask(3 cp), gloves, Thieves' tools(25 gp), Awl, Chain10' 41cp (W+1) Common, Law
Brother Mordecai (l) beadle
Str14(+1) Agi8(-1) Sta8(-1) Per15(+1) Int8(-1) Luc12(0) AC9 HP3 Staff+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init-1 R-1 F-1 W1 Flask, Holy Symbol, gloves(3pair), Razor, Scissors, 88cp (Turn unholy+1) Common
Mack Littles slain by a creature most "fowl"...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:14 am 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3472
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Totally forgot to describe what's "in" the gap!

Where the floor is broken away, there is an open "pit" of rock, looking like a natural part of the cavern system that was built over. As it drops down it curves away to the right, so the full depth cannot be seen.


And let's focus on Rockla for a moment.

Rockla climbs down the rest of the silo, reaching a very uneven 'floor'. The floor slopes away from the silo, cascading down sometimes sharply and sometimes shallowly. The extent of your infravision does not show how far it goes.

Does Rockla continue down or re-join the others?

Go to page 72 if she climbs down, or go to--- oh wait, you can just tell us which she does... :mrgreen:

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Posts: 35
FLGS: Game Empire
Can Ray attempt to determine if the floor was broken from below or above? And he is more curious about this natural tunnel beneath the floor.

As for Rockla, you are a man after my own heart. We just picked up a few Choose Your Own Adventures at our local library book sale and it took me back. Also got some Jack Vance. Very exciting weekend.

Rockla would like to turn to page 72...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3472
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Ray's best guess is that something weakened the floor and then it fell through. Something about the way the edges are broken away suggests a resting liquid and maybe that change the strength of the metal...? It's discolored, giving it the look of something that's happened a long time ago. And feeling along that edge of it, just brushing it with his fingers there are powdery bits flaking away...

Rockla climbs down and finds a large cavern "room", a roughly 50 by 70 foot oval shape. To her left about the center of that "wall" is a set of stairs going up, more of the burnished metal looking material. More or less straight ahead, the "room" has a "hallway" (still natural cavern) leading out of the "room".

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3472
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Now, in the time it's taken Rockla to discover all this, there's been plenty of time for others to start up the stairs.

Do the rest of you start exploring upward?

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Posts: 35
FLGS: Game Empire
Ray is very curious about the tunnel under the floor but would stay with the group.

Rockla, would turn around to speak to the group and realize she's all alone. She quietly laughs to herself. She wonders what Rendon would say? Nothing. She's dead. By Rockla's hands. Rockla shakes herself and continues on her current path.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:43 am 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 403
Location: North Carolina
FLGS: -
Lyle, never the smartest nor the boldest, digs out that old coin he pilfered from the glove-maker's corpse.
He knows there must be something valuable to lift in here- but where? Closing his eyes a moment, he flips the coin- TAILS- and factors fate's hand in his next move...


Lyle- "Maybe we should check that tunnel after all- no sense just heading out empty handed, an' all. Might be somethin' we c'n use b'side this ole razor, should another beastie pop up, y'know?"

_________________

Smilin' Lyle crushed like a bug...
Mr. Hammon (l) gongfarmer
Str14(+1) Agi13(+1) Sta16(+2) Per11(0) Int13(+1) Luc15(+1) AC11 HP1/6 Trowel+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init1 R1 F2 W1 Flask(3 cp), gloves, Thieves' tools(25 gp), Awl, Chain10' 41cp (W+1) Common, Law
Brother Mordecai (l) beadle
Str14(+1) Agi8(-1) Sta8(-1) Per15(+1) Int8(-1) Luc12(0) AC9 HP3 Staff+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init-1 R-1 F-1 W1 Flask, Holy Symbol, gloves(3pair), Razor, Scissors, 88cp (Turn unholy+1) Common
Mack Littles slain by a creature most "fowl"...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:20 am 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3472
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
To keep things moving, let's say the group in the hall (kids?) decide to check out the area under the broken floor, and that Rockla continues to explore the cavern...

So we'll switch back to the group that fell through the floor waaaaaaay back in Room One.


GROUP B

As your friends were whisked away by the amorphous creature and the spinning wall, the floor under your feet dropped away and you tumbled down into another room...

Roughly 30' square, there are doors on the north, south, and east walls. The doors are smooth, 9' by 4', and appear to be made of metal. No hinges are visible and the doors are set into the wall slightly, a little less than an inch.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:25 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 pm
Posts: 169
Location: Travelling the Otherworld
FLGS: Athena Games Norwich.
GnomeBoy wrote:
...

As your friends were whisked away by the amorphous creature and the spinning wall, the floor under your feet dropped away and you tumbled down into another room...

Roughly 30' square, there are doors on the north, south, and east walls. The doors are smooth, 9' by 4', and appear to be made of metal. No hinges are visible and the doors are set into the wall slightly, a little less than an inch.


Bundy sits on the ground rubbing his sore arse while making little tapping noises as he examines the metal near his feet. Chip on the other hand goes up to one of the set back doors (random - east if that helps) and looks at it thoughtfully.

"Damndest thing all this metal panelling!" Bundy snorts disapprovingly... "Waste of good metal, and it is good stuff to or i'm a hobbit!"

"yer too ugly ta be an' Hobbit tosser.." his cousin replies over his shoulder. But ye be right this is a unco' place ta be right!"

OOC: Too low level to do the whole dwarf senses thing I am sure but any clues if these two buggers take a moment examining their surroundings? To the party they seem unconcerned that half their number has vanished ... You say no hinges but what about a handle or a lock plate or something? Is that obvious?

_________________
{Standard Disclaimer} If it was mentioned already and I missed it, please put this down to my advanced age and senility rather than discourtesy!
My DCC games work site is here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/?page_id=1869 Use my forum name here as the Password
Mutatis Mundi Game Cha sheet here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/MMdcc_character_sheet_13.4.18.pdf


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group