Prince Charming, Reanimator

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Prince Charming, Reanimator

Post by drpete »

Foxfire will lay out the details, if anyone didn't hear them (I was under the impression it was all audible, but if not, she'll explain it)
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Fox I think what we are seeking is a leader and a plan. So whats the plan?"
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Foxfire considers "Alright... Let's use Horris' orb to check if the mirror was honest... Could you ask it if the shield of truth will protect its user from the dragon completely?"

"Let's get our strongest people... I think that's Rob and Renlo... to take one of the grappling hooks, and half of a 50 foot coil of rope, and try to grab the dragon from opposite sides, to hold it in place. It's a bush, so the grappling hooks might find good purchase."

"We have one extra flask of oil, so someone should take that, and anyone else with oil should use theirs, and try to burn the bush. Cedric, and anyone else, should try to kill it, though if Cedric is really protectrd, he might be the only one who needs to go."

"I can try to use the spell I found to burn the dragon, too, though the effort may kill me."
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Remember, I can't tell you what happens until you actually do something.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Alright...

Cedric will enter the room with the flowers in the lead, holding the sword of truth and the shield of truth.

Renlo and Bryce will fan around to the left and the right, respectively.

Foxfire will follow behind him, going over the details of the spell she learned (I need to beat a 10 on a 1d10 + points of spellburn, is that right?)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

drpete wrote:Foxfire will follow behind him, going over the details of the spell she learned (I need to beat a 10 on a 1d10 + points of spellburn, is that right?)
Standard spell rules apply, so a low result makes you lose the spell for the day, and a natural "1" is....bad. You need a minimum of 12 to succeed on 1d10 + Int modifier + any spellburn you might perform.

The mound of roses is actually a horse-sized dragon, seemingly made of roses, lying on its side. As you enter the room, it shifts, rising to a what is essentially a "couchant" position (effectively still "lying down" but with its head raised). It is made of thorns, brambles, and flowers.

"Welcome," it says, in a voice like rustling leaves, and then it stops, its words refusing to come to its mouth in the presence of the bared Sword of Truth.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Cedric smiles at the dragon, trying to project a calm he doesn't really feel. "Hello there! We have no quarrel with you, flowery one. We want only to pass by. Will you speak with us, and maybe... let us pass in peace? We'd be happy to... bring you some water, if you'd like that?" If this works at all, Cedric will try to get and keep the dragon talking.
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

OOC: Rob is actually dead btw.

Horris will ask his orb if the mirror was telling the truth about the shield and sword.

Throm remains in the rear.

Bran is somewhere near the front with his shield unsure if it will do anything for them at all.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Not liking this one bit, Balin, Tarpy, Rafo, take their postions near the rear of the party and are ready to bolt down the stairs. For they remember all the corpses that litter this place and their fallen comrade, in the tunnels below, and want no part of 'it' anymore. Rafo bark out, loud enough for the dragon to hear, "that damn prince and his need for a bride from this place. He spells trouble and needs an ass beaten...real good!"
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GreyWolfVT: The Orb says "Yes".
drpete wrote:Cedric smiles at the dragon, trying to project a calm he doesn't really feel. "Hello there! We have no quarrel with you, flowery one. We want only to pass by. Will you speak with us, and maybe... let us pass in peace? We'd be happy to...
.....and then he finds himself unable to finish the sentence.

The dragon breathes a 20’-radius cloud of gas which smells like sickly sweet roses. (Fort DC 14 or fall asleep for 1d6 hours; the wielder of the Shield of Truth is immune).
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GreyWolfVT: The Orb says "Yes".
drpete wrote:Cedric smiles at the dragon, trying to project a calm he doesn't really feel. "Hello there! We have no quarrel with you, flowery one. We want only to pass by. Will you speak with us, and maybe... let us pass in peace? We'd be happy to...
.....and then he finds himself unable to finish the sentence.

The dragon breathes a 20’-radius cloud of gas which smells like sickly sweet roses. (Fort DC 14 or fall asleep for 1d6 hours; the wielder of the Shield of Truth is immune).
SoBH pbp:

GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horris "The orb ..... oh my!"looks up from his orb he and Throm stayed back on the stairs he looks is shock as he was about to inform the others of what information his orb informed him of and they are all in a cloud of something smoke or gas he cannot tell.

Throm "They just couldn't wait for the answer from the orb.... imprudent fools. Horris stay back, oh no BRAN!!"

Bran
Fort DC 14 or fall asleep for 1d6 hours
so is that a roll or if your fort is less than 14 you are down?
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Renlo [1d20+2]=4
Foxfire [1d20-1]=18
Bryc [1d20]= 2

Renlo and Bryce sink to the floor, overcome by the gas. Cedric advance on the dragon, announcing "You can have water, or fire, dragon! Let us pass!"
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Only those near the front need to roll.

After that, Initiative and Actions.
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Only those near the front need to roll.

After that, Initiative and Actions.
SoBH pbp:

GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Double post there mr DM :?

Bran[1d20]=13 :(

Bran too is effected by the gas and slumps to the floor.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

"Guys!" Rafo yells. "Let's get out of here...now! You have all been warned!" Rafo, Balin and Tarpy had enough of this place and the maze of evil that is within it. They run down the stairs and when in the great hall they finalize their plan....

I am sending a PM message to the DM detailing my characters actions....
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm & Horris stay where they are at but worry for Bran. Knowing what will happen though if they go to try and pull him out they hold positions and only move out of the way for the others fleeing.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Ok, so I am not sure if Bryce and Renlo are out (they were trying to get in position to flank around the edges of the room, I was thinking, so are probably down)

Cedric will stride forward and try to kill the dragon with the sword, saying "Alright, take this, then!"

Initiative [1d20+2]=21 !
Attack roll: [1d20]=19 !
Damage: [1d8] =5 ?
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Rafo, calls out from the great room. "Last warning guys. Get the hell out of there now!"
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Sorry about the double posts.

Cedric strides forward, striking the dragon with the Sword of Truth, which bursts into flame for an additional 1d6 damage (5 points; 10 total). The gods smile on his bravery, and he gains +1 Luck. So too do Throm, Horris, and Foxfire. The dragon is obviously wounded by this blow.

"Guys!" Rafo yells. "Let's get out of here...now! You have all been warned!" Rafo, Balin and Tarpy run down the stairs to the great hall. Perhaps they intend to make their own luck?

The dragon then attacks Cedric, who advanced alone, with a bite, and both claws. The Shield of Truth damages the dragon's claw on one side (1 - fumble), but with a single bite the dragon delivers 7 points of damage (17 to hit, +5 = 22), ending the stalwart's life there. The Sword of Truth clatters to the ground, still burning brightly.

Round 2?
SoBH pbp:

GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horris cries out for Cedric drops his own sword and grabs the sword Cedric dropped as well as the shield intending to strike the dragon.

Initiative [1d20]=18
Attack roll: [1d20]=20
Damage: [1d8]=6

Trom goes and tries to drag Bran back away from the dragon.
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Foxfire will advance, and calling on the names of ancient, horrible powers known only to the elves, she summons power to cast her spell, burning hands. (8 pts of spellburn).

[1d20+8]=15
Her eyes glow with power as the energy courses through her, and she sprays fire on the dragon.
(I have no idea how to resolve the damage from this...)
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

ooc...Private message sent.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Sorry for the delay.

@MrHemlocks: A DCC round is 10 seconds. The task you have set your characters to will take several rounds to accomplish.

@GreyWolfVT: The dragon's Initiative is 18 + 4, or 22. Horris can still beat that if he chooses to spend 4 points of Luck....?

@drpete: That result would indicate: "Spell produces a blast of fire that burns a single target within range for 1d6 points of damage." There are a couple of other things to deal with in regards to your spell use, but I need to know whether the dragon goes first or not before I can resolve them.
SoBH pbp:

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”