Revelation of Mulmo PbP?

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Revelation of Mulmo PbP?

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Am I not but a simpleton before the Sacred Complexities of the Father of Riddles, a gibbering fool prostrated at the entrance to the Exalted Labyrinths of the Lord of Mysteries?

Mighty Cypher Amun Tor, might I beseech thee for a boon and blessing?

Did my Divine Quest to the the City of the Obsidian Ziggurat, where I solved the Puzzle of Yaro and defeated The Foetid Shambler, reward me with the object I desire?

May I represent Your Eternal Mystery but receiving a Miraculous Item of Wonderfulness?

[Daniel, something that gives me a little boost to success at Idol Magic spell checks would be absolutely terrific.

Video <-- link, with many THANKS to Christian Conkle's blog for the inspiration for the...uhh...inspiration

Even better? The Lone Ranger-style domino mask at the end of this video, that grants the above ^. :mrgreen: ]
Last edited by Ogrepuppy on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Stouthart
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Stouthart »

Ogrepuppy wrote:Am I not but a simpleton before the Sacred Complexities of the Father of Riddles, a gibbering fool in front of the Exalted Labyrinths of the Lord of Mysteries?

Mighty Cypher Amun Tor, might I beseech thee for a boon and blessing?

Did my Divine Quest to the the City of the Obsidian Ziggurat, where I solved the Puzzle of Yaro and defeated The Foetid Shambler, reward me with the object I desire?

May I represent Your Eternal Mystery but receiving a boost to my unworthy Personality score, possibly in the form of a Ring or Torc or Headband that grants a bonus to my spell checks?

[Daniel, something that gives me a little boost to success at Idol Magic spell checks would be absolutely terrific.]
Most impressive. Loved this.
Revelation of Mulmo PbP:
Bloody Jep the Accumulator (chicken butcher Halfling 4); STR 14, AGI 6, STA 17, PER 10, INT 9, LUC 13; Chaotic; AC 14 (Chainmail); HP 29; Dual-wield Handaxes; Blinded Left Eye; Follower of Cadixtat, the chaos Titan
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Stouthart wrote:Most impressive. Loved this.

Thanks. Edited a few (thousand) times, but....yeah.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I'll get to special items as soon as I have a minute, and then open a thread for actual play.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Some Answers To Questions:

@Ogrepuppy: The khopesh can act as a holy symbol.

From the City of the Obsidian Ziggurat you have recovered two potent items, the Divine Mask of the Idols (+2 to all Idol Magic checks, but always increases disapproval range by +1, so that starting range is 1-2 each day) and Rah-Neld's Ray Gun, which can fire a blue-white radiance at targets within 120', causing 1d10 damage on a successful strike and doing critical hits as a warrior of equal level. In the event of a natural "1", instead of a fumble it must recharge, and cannot be used again for 24 hours.

@Rick: Select 2d6 doses of poison of your choice from Appendix P.

@Stouthart: Bloody Jep has acquired through dint of courage and combat, the Hellaxes of Scarlet Doom. These twin handaxes, made of an unknown crimson metal, have handles of a hard reddish wood that grows in the jungles of some distant hell-plane. They increase critical range by 1, and critical die by one step up the dice chain. Unfortunately, they also increase fumble range to 1-2, and increase the fumble die by one step - these axes care not who gets hurt, so long as they are bathed in blood on a regular basis! They have a +2 bonus to hit and damage.

@Skyscraper: At 4th level, you can have full plate if you want it.

@Gnomeboy: The General has the Copper Bracelets of Besbesbes, minor god of bees and honey, which reduce the pain of his arthritis and grant general relief from his arthritis, so that his Agility is 10 when they are worn. He has also recovered the Icon of Palymras, the ivory carving of a minor goddess of household comfort. It sometimes fulfils wishes of a relatively mundane sort, but expects worship and sacrifices of fresh flowers on a regular basis. Finally, the Bone Ring of Os allows you to fly up to 240' each day....you can split that up however you like, and even share flight with others by holding hands (though, if you held a chain of 24 people, you could only fly 10 feet).

I generally rule that a Deed is accomplished, or not, by the natural roll. However, as a point of Luck can always be spent to do something extraordinary, I am not sure that this distinction is actually of any importance.....
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

(Not done with gifts, so make your requests while you can.)
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Here are ideas for items that I think would be fun to have for Ulmo the cavalier (or any other that you, the judge, wishes to give, if you have an original idea that fits the character). Not looking to get all the list of course, i'm simply throwing ideas to see what jives with you, RC.

- A heavy armor (I was thinking full plate or breast plate) that has less encumbrance, e.g. reducing or removing the penalty to movement and reducing the skill check penalty. As a knight-errant, Ulmo probably wants to impress the brigands and monsters with his mere appearance before forcing them to submission, however without limiting his capacity to actually wear the thing every day and still travel the lands.

- I feel that Ulmo might not be entirely there in the thinking department. Perhaps an item or condition could negatively affect his mental state. (That's why "hearing voices" was not intended as being linked to any item at the outset - but perhaps that could be otherwise.)

- An item or condition that raises his stamina and/or strength, a result of him having been on the road for years and before that having been raised to work in a butcher's shop (I'm thinking his vengeful father made him work something akin to Canon the Barbarian that had to push on that big wheel for years, but in the style of butchering meat instead :) )

- A good ol' two-handed sword. Perhaps his dead mentor's, the deceased Lilly Blackrush, knight of the Chivalrous Order of the Town Wells? In case it might influence the sword's power, here's a preliminary attempt at defining the Order's precepts (lol, I still had no idea what I'd written down :) ): town wells symbolize the life of mortalkind (probably mostly men and halflings) where no life could otherwise exist, so the Order looks to make sure that mortalkind is not prevented from living in far-away towns and hamlets, where no militia, army or nobles look out for them. They travel the lands to protect those that have little to hang on to, and take whatever will be offered (they never ask for anything, but the loot of their enemies that was not stolen from those they protect). The only knight of the Order of the Town Wells that Ulmo ever met is Lilly Blackrush (now dead), so it's up to the judge to determine whether the Order is made of more than one knight, or not. For Ulmo, it is unimportant, although perhaps he will imagine things one way or another (i.e. either feel he is "the One", or on the contrary imagine that an entire order is out there patrolling the lands like he does - I'm leaning towards the latter for how Ulmo imagines it).

- An item that allows him to communicate with a gardian angel. The idea comes from the Lucky roll i got that is entitled guardian angel - perhaps he really hears voices! Perhaps the guardian angel could actually be his great great great grandfather's cleaver (the only item he took when he left his home) that is somehow possessed. Or perhaps a rabbit's foot on a chain, a small irony (or a strange link?) considering the death of his father to a herd of (rampaging!) rabbits.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

For Hamun Ry's ring, it should/could? be related to his Unholy House. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domdaniel

If he gets anything else on the random roll, preference would be for a magic bow or blade, or some sort of general book of lore/spellcraft.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:@Ogrepuppy: The khopesh can act as a holy symbol.

From the City of the Obsidian Ziggurat you have recovered two potent items, the Divine Mask of the Idols (+2 to all Idol Magic checks, but always increases disapproval range by +1, so that starting range is 1-2 each day) and Rah-Neld's Ray Gun, which can fire a blue-white radiance at targets within 120', causing 1d10 damage on a successful strike and doing critical hits as a warrior of equal level. In the event of a natural "1", instead of a fumble it must recharge, and cannot be used again for 24 hours.
Does not our Father of Riddles work in enigmatic ways?

Am I worthy of being a vessel unto you, O Lord of Mysteries, for all the gifts bestowed upon me?

I can but try, no? :D

[Thanks, Daniel!

Enigma-Judge Tanntos wears a simple helmet with a plain, black mask over his eyes, partially disguising his features. It's unclear what color hair he has or even how old he is, although his eyes glow an odd luminescent blue/purple.
Image <-- odd eyes; grants no in-game bonus

He wears banded mail and simple dark breeches with black boots and a hooded travelling cloak.
He carries a blade with a wicked sickle-like curve at the end that have odd glyphs (pictograms and holy symbols of Amun Tor; not shown) etched into the surface of the metal.
Strapped to his side in a leather holster is an odd tube-with-a-handle of an unearthly coppery metal.
]
Last edited by Ogrepuppy on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

[Although, if I could be 100% honest, I actually pictured Narzill Tanntos looking a bit like this:]

And this is even cooler, but MUCH bigger --> http://www.fanboycollectibles.com/image ... 200001.jpg

OK, I go back to work today so my insane number of posts will drop off now.
:oops:
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

Ogrepuppy wrote: Video <-- link, with many THANKS to Christian Conkle's blog for the inspiration for the...uhh...inspiration

Even better? The Lone Ranger-style domino mask at the end of this video, that grants the above ^. :mrgreen: ][/color]
Awesome. I heard that earlier today on the radio. Made what had been a craptastic day at work much more tolerable.
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

Raven_Crowking wrote:(Not done with gifts, so make your requests while you can.)
Maybe a +2 Dagger of Venom (like the one in Astounding Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyberboria, if you have that excellent rpg) and something like a Heward's Handy Haversack mashed with the Thieves Tool set to end all Thieves Tool sets (in rich Corinthian leather)?
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:(Not done with gifts, so make your requests while you can.)
Pushing the limits of "GM largesse" to it's breaking point....something that produces a focused, short-duration zone of truth would be apropos for my character.
Last edited by Ogrepuppy on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I'll go through outstanding requests and get back to you later tomorrow.

Star Trek in IMAX tonight.

Start tomorrow.
Last edited by Raven_Crowking on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoBH pbp:

Stouthart
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Stouthart »

I'm sure Jep, a follower of the chaos titan Cadixtat, would have come across some item to help him send unlucky souls to his dark master, perhaps an item to make him more nimble and harder to strike in combat. Of course there is always a price to pay when interacting with the gods... One Jep is more than willing to pay.

Trying to offset that horrible AGI score. :lol:

-Stouthart
Revelation of Mulmo PbP:
Bloody Jep the Accumulator (chicken butcher Halfling 4); STR 14, AGI 6, STA 17, PER 10, INT 9, LUC 13; Chaotic; AC 14 (Chainmail); HP 29; Dual-wield Handaxes; Blinded Left Eye; Follower of Cadixtat, the chaos Titan
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Slight correction to my post above, as work was hectic and the last chance to see Star Trek in IMAX beckons.
SoBH pbp:

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Slight correction to my post above, as work was hectic and the last chance to see Star Trek in IMAX beckons.
A logical choice. At least one of the Spocks approves...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:Slight correction to my post above, as work was hectic and the last chance to see Star Trek in IMAX beckons.
A logical choice. At least one of the Spocks approves...
Even better the second time around.

@Beermotor: The Ring of the Sand Djinn is a plain brass band marked with cabalistic signs and sigils of the House of Domdaniel. The ring commands three spirits: A Spirit of Protection, which grants the wearer a +2 bonus to AC and all saves at no cost; a Spirit of the Unseen, which can grant 1 minute of invisibility per point of Spellburn applied (effectively, the invisibility is nourished by the user's own soul); and a Spirit of Unbinding which can once, and once only, serve the wearer powerfully, but at the cost of unmaking the Ring. The limits of what the Spirit of Unbinding can do have never been tested, as the Ring of the Sand Djinn still exists. This is a powerful item, and you know well that there are others seeking it.

@Skyscraper: The Armour of the Lion is a bronze breastplate, moulded to show the image of a snarling lion. Although bronze, it is as hard as steel. +7 AC, +5 Check penalty, -5' movement, d12 Fumble die. In addition, the wearer's Strength is increased by 2. Unfortunately, there is a streak of bad luck associated with the armour, and the wearer suffers -1 Luck so long as he wears it.

Lily's Blade is a two-handed sword that has a +1 base bonus, communicates via empathy, and connects Ulmo to the soul of the deceased Lily Blackrush, who now acts as his guardian angel. She can appear to him at her whim, and offer advice or answer questions, although she is only seen by him.

@Rick: In addition to the poisons mentioned earlier, you have a dagger that is finely balanced with a receptacle for poison. Although not magical, you need only worry about poisoning yourself when you refill the three-dose chamber, and the blade gains a +2 non-magical bonus when thrown due to its exceptional balance.

You also have managed to acquire the Banepicks, tools of mixed blessing. They can be used to pick locks and disable traps automatically (no roll), but each time they are so used, the user takes 1d3 points of damage to a random ability score. If three points are taken, one is permanent. The Banepicks may be useful in a pinch, but they are not for everyday use!
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Edit : Sufferus spells

Heal check Same Adjacent Opposed
1-11 Failure Failure Failure
12-13 2 dice 1 die 1 die
14-19 3 dice 2 dice 1 die
20-21 4 dice 3 dice 2 dice
22+ 5 dice 4 dice 3 dice

Darkness
Level: 1 Range: 20’ radius or more Duration: 1 turn or more Casting time: 1 action or more Save: N/A
General The cleric extinguishes the light of the sun, demonstrating the great power of his deity. From a distance,
the darkness appears to be a space of deepest night; no light will penetrate it. Creatures within are blinded.
Manifestation Roll 1d3: (1) shadowy cloud of darkness; (2) absolute blackness; (3) thick oily black mist.
1-11 Failure.
12-13 The space immediately surrounding the cleric, to a radius of 20’, goes completely dark, as if all light had
been extinguished. The darkness remains fixed to its location (it does not follow the cleric) and lasts for 1
turn.
14-17 The cleric can designate a point within 20’ and create a 20’-radius sphere of darkness that remains fixed
at that point for a duration of 1 turn.
18-19 The cleric can designate a point within 100’ and create a 20’-radius sphere of darkness that remains fixed
at that point for a duration of 1 turn.
20-23 The cleric can designate a point within 100’ and create a 20’-radius sphere of darkness centered at that
point. The darkness remains for a duration of 1 turn. By concentrating on future rounds, the cleric can
move the sphere of darkness up to 40’ per round, beyond the original 100’ range if he so chooses.
24-27 The cleric can designate a point within 200’ and create a sphere of darkness of up to 40’ radius centered at
that point. The darkness remains for a duration of 2 turns. By concentrating on future rounds, the cleric
can move the sphere of darkness up to 80’ per round, beyond the original 200’ range if he so chooses.
28-29 The cleric can extinguish sources of light. He designates a point within 200’, and a sphere of darkness
up to 40’ in radius appears at that point. The cleric can move this sphere at a speed of 80’ per round. No
concentration is required. The sphere lasts for 1 hour. In addition, all terrestrial sources of light within the
sphere of darkness are extinguished. Torches go out, lanterns sputter and die, glowworms fade, and so on.
30-31 With a sweep of his arm, the cleric can cast an enormous space into darkness. The cleric can choose one of
three effects: a cone extending 400’ to a final width of 100’; a sphere up to 60’ radius centered at any point
within 300’; or a wide line, up to 1,000’ long and 10’ wide. Within the area of effect, total darkness reigns;
no light source can penetrate. In addition, all terrestrial sources of light within the sphere of darkness are
extinguished. Torches go out, lanterns sputter and die, glowworms fade, and so on. However, the cleric
can see through the darkness. The dark space can be moved up to 100’ per round without concentration.
It lasts for up to 1 day or until dismissed.
32+ The cleric can blot out the sun, the moon, the stars, or other sources of light. This extraordinary display
of divine power requires great concentration. If this result is achieved, the cleric may continue to concentrate.
All light sources that illuminate a space 500’ in all directions begin to fade. For every round the
cleric concentrates, light sources fade by 1d20%. Torches still burn, but their flames seem to emit less light
each round. The judge rolls each round the cleric continues to concentrate. When the total breaks 100%,
all light sources have been completely extinguished, and the countryside around the cleric is completely
darkened (at least to the eyes of all within 500’ – the sun still seems to shine in other kingdoms). Once
all light sources are extinguished, the radius of the effect begins to expand by another 1d20’ per round
of concentration. The maximum range is the cleric’s CL x 1,000’. The effect continues as long as the cleric
concentrates. When concentration is broken, the light reappears at the same rate it was extinguished; e.g.,
if it took 7 rounds to fade, it takes 7 rounds to reach full strength again.

Detect Evil
Level: 1 Range: 60’ radius from cleric or more (see below) Duration: 6 turns Casting time: 1 action
Save: Will vs. spell check DC (sometimes)
General The cleric holds up his holy symbol and detects emanations of evil within a ray that extends straight out
5’ wide and 60’ (or more) ahead of the symbol. The definition of “evil” is based on the cleric: generally
it encompasses creatures of opposed alignment, those unholy to the cleric’s deity, and those with clearly
harmful intent. Depending on the strength of the spell, it may detect even more subtle dangers. This spell
does not reveal creatures that are otherwise hidden but does inform the cleric that evil intentions radiate
from a certain position. This spell may be reversed to detect good, which means creatures of allied alignment,
common deity, or similar holy goals.
Manifestation Roll 1d3: (1) evil creatures glow softly when viewed by the cleric; (2) a heavenly chorus trumpets strident
tones of warning whenever the cleric views an evil creature; (3) evil creatures emit terrible, dark shadows
in all directions, clouding their appearance with a deep shroud of darkness.
1-11 Failure.
12-13 Creatures of opposed alignment are potentially detected, as
well as objects inherently dangerous in nature (such as traps
and cursed weapons). Evil creatures receive a Will save vs.
spell check DC to remain undetected by this spell.
14-17 Creatures of opposed alignment are automatically detected, as
well as objects inherently dangerous in nature (such as traps
and cursed weapons). Evil creatures do not receive a Will save
to remain undetected.
18-19 To a range of 120’ in all directions from the cleric, creatures of opposed alignment are automatically detected,
as well as objects inherently dangerous in nature (such as traps and cursed weapons). Evil creatures
do not receive a Will save to remain undetected.
20-23 The cleric is immediately aware of all evil creatures and objects within 180’. In addition, evil creatures and
objects shine with a faint, unearthly glow that is obvious to the cleric’s allies.
24-27 The cleric is immediately aware of all evil creatures and objects within 180’. In addition, evil creatures and
objects shine with a faint, unearthly glow that is obvious to the cleric’s allies. In addition, the cleric is also
aware of creatures with intentions harmful to him, even if the creatures are not opposed in alignment. For
example, a mindless but aggressive spider would be detected, as would a hungry bear thinking of eating
the cleric.
28-29 The cleric is immediately aware of all evil creatures and objects within 180’. In addition, evil creatures and
objects shine with a faint, unearthly glow that is obvious to the cleric’s allies. In addition, the cleric is also
aware of creatures with intentions harmful to him, even if the creatures are not opposed in alignment. For
example, a mindless but aggressive spider would be detected, as would a hungry bear thinking of eating
the cleric. The creatures detected by this spell are pained by the light of truth, suffering a -1 penalty to all
attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks, spell checks, and saving throws while in range.
30-31 The cleric is immediately aware of all evil creatures and objects within 240’. In addition, evil creatures and
the cleric. The creatures detected by this spell are pained by the light of truth, suffering a -2 penalty to all
attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks, spell checks, and saving throws while in range.
32+ The cleric is immediately aware of all evil creatures and objects within 300’. In addition, evil creatures and
the cleric. The creatures detected by this spell are pained by the light of truth, suffering a -4 penalty to all

Holy Sanctuary
Level: 1 Range: Self or more Duration: 1 round or more Casting time: 1 action Save: Will save vs. spell check
General The cleric invokes a place of sanctuary where he and his allies are safe from harm.
Manifestation Roll 1d4: (1) glowing aura; (2) angelic halo; (3) beam of light from above; (4) “lightness of feet” that makes
the cleric seem to float just above the ground.
1-11 Failure.
12-13 Enemies find it difficult to focus on attacking the cleric. They are distracted, and the cleric is more easily
able to dodge their attacks. All attacks against the cleric for the next round suffer a -2 penalty.
14-17 Enemies are compelled to focus their attacks against other targets. As long as an attacker can reasonably
attack some other target instead of the cleric, it must choose to do so. In order to resist this compulsion
and attack the cleric, an enemy must make a Will save vs. spell check DC. If the cleric is the only reasonable
target, the creature need not make a save to attack the cleric. This effect lasts for 1 turn. It is immediately
dispelled if the cleric attacks or takes aggressive action in any way.
18-19 Enemies are compelled to focus their attacks against other targets. As long as an attacker can reasonably
attack some other target instead of the cleric, it must choose to do so. In order to resist this compulsion
and attack the cleric, an enemy must make a Will save vs. spell check DC. This Will save is required even
if the cleric is the only reasonable target. This effect lasts for 1 turn. It is immediately dispelled if the cleric
attacks or takes aggressive action in any way.
20-23 Enemies are compelled to focus their attacks against other targets. As long as an attacker can reasonably
attack some other target instead of the cleric, it must choose to do so. Creatures of 3 HD or less cannot attack
the cleric in any manner. Creatures of 4 HD or more may attempt a Will save to resist the compulsion
and attack the cleric. This Will save is required even if the cleric is the only reasonable target. This effect
lasts for 1 turn. It is immediately dispelled if the cleric attacks or takes aggressive action in any way.
24-27 The cleric can create a holy sanctuary that includes himself and up to two allies within 5’. The other protected
allies must remain within 5’ or the effect ends. Enemies are compelled to focus their attacks against
other targets. As long as an attacker can reasonably attack some other target instead of the cleric and his
protected allies, it must choose to do so. Creatures of 3 HD or less cannot attack in any manner; creatures
of 4 HD or more may attempt a Will save to resist the compulsion. This effect lasts for 1 turn. It is immediately
dispelled if the cleric or any of his protected allies attack or take aggressive action in any way.
28-29 The cleric may designate a place as a holy sanctuary. This must be a single building or self-contained location
up to 5,000 square feet in area; e.g., a church, forest grove, or cave. This effect lasts for 1d7 days. Creatures
within this place share the benefits of a holy sanctuary as follows, provided they are in the service of
the cleric’s deity: enemies of less than 6 HD cannot attack unless they use magical weapons, and enemies
of 7+ HD or those using magical weapons must make a Will save vs. spell check DC to attack. The effect
on any one individual is dispelled if that creature makes an aggressive action. Note that enemies can still
enter the place and converse with its residents; they simply cannot attack or make other aggressive actions.
30-31 The cleric may designate a place as a holy sanctuary. This must be a single building or self-contained location
up to 5,000 square feet in area; e.g., a church, forest grove, or cave. This effect lasts for 1d7+3 weeks.
Creatures within this place share the benefits of a holy sanctuary as follows, provided they are in the service
of the cleric’s deity: enemies of less than 6 HD cannot attack unless they use magical weapons, and enemies
of 7+ HD or those using magical weapons must make a Will save vs. spell check DC to attack. The effect
on any one individual is dispelled if that creature makes an aggressive action. Note that enemies can still
enter the place and converse with its residents; they simply cannot attack or make other aggressive actions.
32+ The cleric may designate a place as a holy sanctuary. This must be a single building or self-contained location
up to 10,000 square feet in area; e.g., a church, forest grove, or cave. The place designated as a holy
sanctuary becomes sanctified forever, as long as the cleric’s deity retains respect for the cleric’s work and
actions. Creatures within this place share the benefits of a holy sanctuary as follows, provided they are in
the service of the cleric’s deity: enemies of less than 6 HD cannot attack unless they use magical weapons,
and enemies of 7+ HD or those using magical weapons must make a Will save vs. spell check DC to attack.
The effect on any one individual is dispelled if that creature makes an aggressive action. Note that
enemies can still enter the place and converse with its residents; they simply cannot attack or make other
aggressive actions.

Protection from Evil
Level: 1 Range: Self or more Duration: 1 turn per CL Casting time: 1 action Save: Varies
General The cleric calls upon his deity to protect him from harm. He is protected even if he is not aware of the danger.
The definition of “evil” is based on the cleric: generally it encompasses creatures of opposed alignment,
those unholy to the cleric’s deity, and those with clear harmful intent. Depending on the strength
of the spell, it may detect even more subtle dangers. This spell may be reversed to protect from good.
Manifestation Roll 1d3: (1) translucent holy symbol; (2) soft, protective aura; (3) glowing halo.
1-11 Failure.
12-13 The cleric receives a +1 bonus to saving throws made against evil effects, evil creatures, un-dead, demons,
and anything else unholy to his faith.
14-17 The cleric receives a +1 bonus to saving throws made against evil effects, evil creatures, un-dead, demons,
and anything else unholy to his faith. In addition, all attempts to attack the cleric by evil or unholy
creatures are made at a -1 penalty.
18-19 The cleric receives a +1 bonus to saving throws made against evil effects, evil creatures, un-dead, demons,
and anything else unholy to his faith. In addition, all attempts to attack the cleric by evil or unholy
creatures are made at a -1 penalty. Finally, all wounds suffered from evil or unholy sources have their
damage reduced by 1 point per die (minimum damage 1 point per die).
20-23 In relation to evil effects, evil creatures, and anything else unholy to the cleric’s faith, the cleric and all
allies within a 10’ radius receive a +1 bonus to saving throws against evil creatures, enemy attack rolls
against them suffer a -1 penalty, and damage suffered from evil sources is reduced by 1 point per die
(minimum damage 1 point per die).
24-27 In relation to evil effects, evil creatures, and anything else unholy to the cleric’s faith, the cleric and all
allies within a 20’ radius receive a +2 bonus to saving throws against evil creatures, enemy attack rolls
against them suffer a -2 penalty, and damage suffered from evil sources is reduced by 2 points per die
28-29 In relation to evil effects, evil creatures, and anything else unholy to the cleric’s faith, the cleric and all
allies within a 30’ radius receive a +3 bonus to saving throws against evil creatures, enemy attack rolls
against them suffer a -3 penalty, and damage suffered from evil sources is reduced by 3 points per die
30-31 Evil effects, evil creatures, and anything else unholy to the cleric’s faith find it painful to come near the
cleric. Any such creature that advances within 40’ of the cleric takes 1d4+CL damage each round on the
cleric’s activation. This is automatic as a consequence of being near the cleric. Additionally, the cleric and
all allies within a 40’ radius receive a +4 bonus to saving throws against evil creatures, enemy attack rolls
against them suffer a -4 penalty, and damage suffered from evil sources is reduced by 4 points per die
32+ Evil effects, evil creatures, and anything else unholy to the cleric’s faith find it painful to come near the
cleric. Any such creature that advances within 40’ of the cleric takes 2d6+CL damage each round on the
cleric’s activation. This is automatic as a consequence of being near the cleric. Additionally, the cleric and
all allies within a 40’ radius receive a +4 bonus to saving throws against evil creatures, enemy attack rolls
against them suffer a -4 penalty, and damage suffered from evil sources is reduced by 4 points per die

Second Sight
Level: 1 Range: Self Duration: 1 round or more Casting time: 1 turn Save: N/A
General Using sortilege, haruspicy, or some other method appropriate to the cleric, he augurs the future. In doing
so, the cleric gains insight about the consequences his actions will bring.
Manifestation Roll 1d3: (1) a third eye appears in the cleric’s forehead; (2) the cleric’s eyes glow; (3) the cleric’s eyes are
fused shut but he can still see.
1-11 Failure.
12-13 For one round, the cleric glimpses the future. In doing so, he gains great insight into the most effective
manner to complete any action. The cleric receive a +4 bonus to a single roll of his choosing on his next
round, whether it’s an attack roll, damage roll, skill check, spell check, or something else.
14-17 The cleric has a hint of possible outcomes. He must spend the following round concentrating on a choice
that must be made in the next 30 minutes. For example, he may be deciding which direction to turn in a
dungeon or whether to enter a room. The cleric gets a sense of whether the action will be to his benefit or
harm. There is a 75% chance that the sense the cleric receives is accurate.
18-19 The cleric has a hint of possible outcomes. He must spend the following round concentrating on a choice
that must be made in the next 30 minutes. For example, he may be deciding which direction to turn in a
dungeon or whether to enter a room. The cleric gets a sense of whether the action will be to his benefit or
harm. There is an 80% chance that the sense the cleric receives is accurate.
20-23 The cleric has a hint of possible outcomes. He must spend the following round concentrating on a choice
harm. There is an 85% chance that the sense the cleric receives is accurate.
24-27 For the next hour, the cleric receives an ongoing sense of possible outcomes. At every significant decision
or juncture, he receives a premonition regarding the decision he must make – a sense of foreboding or
certitude depending on whether the action bodes well for him (or not). For any given action, there is an
85% chance that the sense is accurate. By concentrating, the cleric can receive a sense of whether a future
action (one to be taken within in the next hour) will be a bane or boon.
28-29 For the next hour, the cleric receives an ongoing sense of possible outcomes. At every significant decision
or juncture, he receives a premonition regarding the decision he must make – a sense of foreboding or
certitude depending on whether the action bodes well for him (or not). For any given action, there is a
90% chance that the sense is accurate. By concentrating, the cleric can receive a sense of whether a future
action (one to be taken within in the next hour) will be a bane or boon.
30-31 For the next day, the cleric receives an ongoing sense of possible outcomes. At every significant decision
certitude depending on whether the action bodes well for him (or not). For any given action, there is a
95% chance that the sense is accurate. By concentrating, the cleric can receive a sense of whether a future
action (one to be taken within in the next day) will be a bane or boon. For example, a cleric could divine
the results of a great battle to be fought on the morrow and gain a sense that although he will emerge
unharmed from the battle, it will be harmful to his church.
32+ The cleric has read the tablets of time. For the next month, he receives an ongoing sense of possible outcomes.
At every significant decision or juncture, he receives a premonition regarding the decision he
must make – a sense of foreboding or certitude depending on whether the action bodes well for him (or
not). For any given action, there is a 99% chance that the sense is accurate. By concentrating, the cleric can
receive a sense of whether a future action (one to be taken within in the next day) will be a bane or boon.
For example, a cleric could divine the results of a great battle to be fought on the morrow and gain a sense
that although he will emerge unharmed from the battle, it will be harmful to his church. In addition, the
cleric receive a +1 bonus to all rolls while the second sight is active, reflecting his general insight into the
consequences of all actions.

Word of Command
Level: 1 Range: 30’ or more Duration: 1 round or more Casting time: 1 round Save: Will save vs. spell check
General The cleric speaks a powerful word that carries with it the commanding will of his deity. Creatures hearing
the word are bound to obey. The word must be a single word, which must describe an action. For
example, “go,” “attack,” “retreat,” “speak,” “swim,” “grovel,” “silence,” and so on. The word must be
spoken in the direction of a single sentient target within range. That target receives a Will save to resist; if
failed, it must obey the command for its next round. The command is interpreted by the creature’s natural
thought processes; e.g., issuing an “attack” command to an herbivore may have a different response
than to a carnivore. The word of command cannot be longer in length than a single word and may be
subject to misinterpretation. If the command is completely contrary to a creature’s natural instinct, it
receives a +4 bonus to its Will save to resist; for example, commanding a desert lizard to “swim” or any
command of “suicide.”
Manifestation Roll 1d4: (1) word resounds in booming voice; (2) word echoes many times; (3) word seems to come from
all around, including the air and ground; (4) word appears in the sky in fiery letters before dissipating.
1-11 Failure.
12-13 The cleric can speak a word at a target within 30’. If the creature fails its save, it must obey the command
for one round.
14-17 The cleric can speak a word at a target within 30’. If the creature fails its save, it must obey the command
for a number of rounds equal to 1d6+CL.
18-19 The cleric can speak a word at a target within 30’. He may combine the word of command with a gesture
that clarifies its intent. For example, “attack” or “go” with a pointed finger. If the creature fails its save, it
must obey the command for a number of rounds equal to 1d6+CL.
20-23 The cleric can speak a word at a target within 60’. He may combine the word of command with a gesture
that clarifies its intent. For example, “attack” or “go” with a pointed finger. If the creature fails its save, it
must obey the command for a number of turns equal to 1d6+CL.
24-27 The cleric can speak a word at multiple targets within 60’ of his location. He can target up to six creatures,
each of whom must be within range and within line of sight. The same command applies to all targets,
and each target receives its own save. The cleric may combine the word of command with a gesture that
clarifies its intent. For example, “attack” or “go” with a pointed finger. If a target fails its save, it must
obey the command for a number of turns equal to 1d6+CL.
28-29 The cleric can speak a word at multiple targets within a range of up to 200’. He can target up to 1d6 targets
per caster level, each of whom must be within range and within line of sight. The same command
applies to all targets, and each target receives its own save. The cleric may combine the word of command
with a gesture that clarifies its intent. For example, “attack” or “go” with a pointed finger. If a target fails
its save, it must obey the command for a number of days equal to 1d7+CL. The target receives a new Will
save each morning.
30-31 The cleric can speak a word at multiple targets within a range of up to a mile. He can target up to 50
targets per caster level (yes, 50), each of whom must be within range and within line of sight. The same
command applies to all targets. Targets of 2HD or less are automatically affected; higher-level targets
each receive their own save. The cleric may combine the word of command with a gesture that clarifies
its intent. For example, “attack” or “go” with a pointed finger. The cleric’s voice is magically amplified
such that all targets can hear him. If a target fails its save, it must obey the command for a number of days
equal to 1d7+CL. The target receives a new Will save each morning.
32+ The cleric can speak a word at all targets he can see. He can choose to exclude up to 10 targets per caster
level, but otherwise all targets within line of sight are affected. The same command applies to all targets.
Targets of 3HD or less are automatically affected; higher-level targets each receive their own save. The
cleric may combine the word of command with a gesture that clarifies its intent. For example, “attack” or
“go” with a pointed finger. The cleric’s voice is magically amplified such that all targets can hear him. If a
target fails its save, it must obey the command for a number of days equal to 1d7+CL. The target receives
a new Will save each morning.

Banish
Level: 2 Range: 30’ or more Duration: Varies Casting time: 1 round Save: Will vs. spell check DC
General The cleric banishes a creature from his presence and potentially forces it back from whence it came. This
spell is usually employed to force a supernatural creature back to its native plane, though it can also be
used to send mundane creatures back to their lairs.
The cleric specifies a single target. This can be a creature within line of sight or a creature that is not present,
provided the cleric possesses a physical memento (lock of hair, fingernail, favored weapon, drop of
blood, etc.). The cleric then casts the spell, and the target is affected as described below.
Manifestation Roll 1d4: (1) silvery ethereal chains wrap themselves around the target and constrict it; (2) a dense mist
settles on the target; (3) a clawed hand reaches down from the heavens to pluck the target back from
whence it came; (4) the target simply blinks out of existence.
1-13 Failure.
14-15 For the next turn, the target must make a Will save to approach within 30’ of the cleric. If failed, it cannot
approach any closer than 30’ nor can it hurl missile weapons, speak in the cleric’s direction, or otherwise
take action against him. If forced within 30’, the target takes 1d4+CL divine damage each round, although
this damage cannot kill the creature. If reduced to 0 hit points, the target collapses, unconscious, and
heals normally when removed from the cleric’s presence. If the spell is cast while the target is already
within 30’, it immediately takes damage and is forced back 30’ per round until it is at the outer perimeter
of the spell’s area of effect.
16-19 For the next 1d6 turns, the target must make a Will save to approach within 60’ of the cleric. If failed, it
cannot approach any closer than 60’ nor can it hurl missile weapons, speak in the cleric’s direction, or
otherwise take action against him. If forced within 60’, it takes 1d8+CL arcane damage each round. This
damage can kill the creature if it is reduced to 0 hit points. If the spell is cast while the target is already
within 60’, it immediately takes damage and is forced back 30’ per round until it is at the outer perimeter
of the spell’s area of effect.
20-21 If the target is within 90’ of the cleric, it must make a Will save or be forced back to its place of origin.
Supernatural creatures, including demons, devils, elementals, and other denizens of foreign planes, are
forced back to their native planes. Summoned creatures (as through an animal summoning or monster summoning
spell) are sent back from whence they came. Mundane creatures are simply forced to the outer
edge of the 90’ range for the next 2d6+CL hours. Such targets cannot approach any closer than 90’ nor can
they hurl missile weapons, speak in the cleric’s direction, or otherwise take action against him. If forced
within 90’, a mundane target takes 1d12+CL arcane damage each round. This damage can kill the creature
if it is reduced to 0 hit points.
22-25 If the target is within 120’ of the cleric, it must make a Will save or be forced back to its place of origin.
Supernatural creatures, including demons, devils, elementals, and other denizens of foreign planes, are
forced back to their native planes. Summoned creatures (as through an animal summoning or monster summoning
spell) are sent back from whence they came. Mundane creatures are simply forced to the outer
edge of the 120’ range for the next 1d6+CL days. The creature receives a new save at the beginning of each
new day. Such targets cannot approach any closer than 120’ nor can they hurl missile weapons, speak in
the cleric’s direction, or otherwise take action against him. If forced within 120’, a mundane target takes
1d12+CL arcane damage each round. This damage can kill the creature if it is reduced to 0 hit points.
26-29 Up to two targets within 120’ must make a Will save or be forced back to their places of origin. Supernatural
creatures, including demons, devils, elementals, and other denizens of foreign planes, are forced
back to their native planes. Summoned creatures (as through an animal summoning or monster summoning
spell) are sent back from whence they came. Mundane creatures are simply forced to the outer edge of
the 120’ range for the next 1d6+CL days. Such targets cannot approach any closer than 120’ nor can they
hurl missile weapons, speak in the cleric’s direction, or otherwise take action against him. If forced within
120’, a mundane target takes 1d12+CL arcane damage each round. This damage can kill the creature if it
is reduced to 0 hit points.
30-31 Up to five targets within 120’ must make a Will save or be forced back to their places of origin. Supernatural
creatures, including demons, devils, elementals, and other denizens of foreign planes, are forced
back to their native planes. Summoned creatures (as through an animal summoning or monster summoning
spell) are sent back from whence they came. Mundane creatures are simply forced to the outer edge of
the 120’ range for the next 1d6+CL days. Such targets cannot approach any closer than 120’ nor can they
hurl missile weapons, speak in the cleric’s direction, or otherwise take action against him. If forced within
120’, a mundane target takes 1d12+CL arcane damage each round. This damage can kill the creature if it
32-33 Up to ten targets within 120’ must make a Will save or be forced back to their places of origin. Supernatural
spell) are sent back from whence they came. Mundane creatures are simply forced to the outer edge of the
120’ range for the next 1d6+CL days. Such targets cannot approach any closer than 120’ nor can they hurl
missile weapons, speak in the cleric’s direction, or otherwise take action against him. If forced within
34+ The cleric can specify any number of targets within 120’. All targets must make a Will save or be forced
back to their places of origin. Supernatural creatures, including demons, devils, elementals, and other
denizens of foreign planes, are forced back to their native planes. Summoned creatures (as through an
animal summoning or monster summoning spell) are sent back from whence they came. Mundane creatures
are simply forced to the outer edge of the 120’ range for the next 1d6+CL days. Such targets cannot approach
any closer than 120’ nor can they hurl missile weapons, speak in the cleric’s direction, or otherwise
take action against him. If forced within 120’, a mundane target takes 1d12+CL arcane damage each
round. This damage can kill the creature if it is reduced to 0 hit points.

Curse
Level: 2 Range: Sight Duration: Varies (see below) Casting time: 1 round Save: Will vs. spell check DC
General The cleric utters a profound curse upon another creature, which always receives a Will save to resist. This
spell must be used carefully, for it is considered a powerful act of intervention by one’s deity. Uttering
severe curses, such as those that affect entire families or communities or which extend across the generations,
are considered a sin. Longer rituals entailing longer casting times may be appropriate for more sinister
curses. See Appendix C for examples of simple curses with a background beyond game mechanics.
Manifestation The cleric should articulate the manifestation as he casts the spell. The manifestation can include minor
physical changes on the part of the target. For example, “Your hair will remain white for as long as this
curse shall last,” or “The mark of a sinner shall be visible on your breast for as long as this curse shall
last.”
1-13 Failure.
14-15 The cleric casts a simple curse on one target that inflicts a -1 Luck penalty for 24 hours.
16-19 The cleric casts a curse on one target that inflicts a -2 Luck penalty and a -1 penalty to one other statistic of
the cleric’s choice for up to a week. The statistic can be attack rolls, damage rolls, an ability score, saving
throws, spell checks, Armor Class, speed (where -1 = -5’), hit points, and so on.
20-21 The cleric casts a curse on one target that inflicts a -2 Luck penalty and a -2 penalty to one other statistic of
the cleric’s choice for up to a week. The statistic can be attack rolls, damage rolls, an ability score, saving
throws, spell checks, Armor Class, speed (where -1 = -5’), hit points, and so on. Alternately, the cleric may
choose to invoke a specific physical or mental limitation for one week. For example, the target cannot
speak, cannot walk, cannot sleep, cannot see, etc.
22-25 The cleric casts a curse on one target that inflicts a -2 Luck penalty, a -2 penalty to one other statistic, and
a specific physical or mental limitation (e.g., cannot speak, sleep, see, walk, etc.). The statistic can be attack
rolls, damage, an ability score, saving throws, spell checks, Armor Class, speed (where -1 = -5’), hit
points, and so on. The duration is ongoing until some specific condition is met. The condition must have
meaning to the cleric’s deity or the target, and it must be within the target’s power to achieve (even if very
difficult). For example, “you cannot see until you kiss the medusa queen” or “you cannot sleep until you
close your eyes beneath the tomb of the sleepless demon.”
26-29 The cleric casts a curse on a group of people: a family, a community, a village, an adventuring group, etc.
The cleric can affect up to 10 people at once as long as they are part of a single defined group. The curse
inflicts a -2 Luck penalty, a -2 penalty to one other statistic, and a specific physical or mental limitation
(e.g., cannot speak, sleep, see, walk, etc.). The statistic can be attack rolls, damage, an ability score, saving
throws, spell checks, Armor Class, speed (where -1 = -5’), hit points, and so on. The duration is ongoing
until some specific condition is met. The condition must have meaning to the cleric’s deity or the target,
and it must be within the target’s power to achieve (even if very difficult). For example, “you cannot see
until you kiss the medusa queen” or “you cannot sleep until you close your eyes beneath the tomb of the
sleepless demon.”
30-31 The cleric casts a curse on a large group of people: a family, a community, a village, an adventuring group,
residents of a castle, etc. The cleric can affect up to 50 people at once as long as they are part of a single
defined group. The curse inflicts a -2 Luck penalty, a -2 penalty to two other statistics, and a specific physical
or mental limitation (e.g., cannot speak, sleep, see, walk, etc.). The statistics can be attack rolls, damage,
an ability score, saving throws, spell checks, Armor Class, speed (where -1 = -5’), hit points, and so
on. The duration is ongoing until some specific condition is met. The condition must have meaning to the
cleric’s deity or the target, and it must be within the target’s power to achieve (even if very difficult). For
example, “you cannot see until you kiss the medusa queen” or “you cannot sleep until you close your
eyes beneath the tomb of the sleepless demon.”
32-33 The cleric casts a curse on a very large group of people: a family, a community, a village, an adventuring
group, residents of a castle, etc. The cleric can affect up to 100 people at once as long as they are part of a
single defined group. The curse inflicts a -4 Luck penalty, a -2 penalty to three other statistics, and a specific
physical or mental limitation (e.g., cannot speak, sleep, see, walk, etc.). The statistic can be attack rolls,
damage, an ability score, saving throws, spell checks, Armor Class, speed (where -1 = -5’), hit points, and so on. The duration is ongoing until some specific condition is met. The condition must have meaning to
the cleric’s deity or the target, and it must be within the target’s power to achieve (even if very difficult).
For example, “you cannot see until you kiss the medusa queen” or “you cannot sleep until you close your
eyes beneath the tomb of the sleepless demon.”
34+ The cleric casts a curse on an extremely large group of people: a family, a community, a village, an adventuring
group, residents of a castle, etc. The cleric can affect up to 1,000 people at once as long as they are part
of a single defined group. In addition, the curse carries on to the heirs of those affected, and propagates
through the generations until removed. The curse inflicts a -4 Luck penalty, a -2 penalty to three other statistics,
and a specific physical or mental limitation (e.g., cannot speak, sleep, see, walk, etc.). The statistic
can be attack rolls, damage, an ability score, saving throws, spell checks, Armor Class, speed (where -1
= -5’), hit points, and so on. The duration is ongoing until some specific condition is met. The condition
must have meaning to the cleric’s deity or the target, and it must be within the target’s power to achieve
(even if very difficult). For example, “you cannot see until you kiss the medusa queen” or “you cannot
sleep until you close your eyes beneath the tomb of the sleepless demon.”

Lotus Stare
Level: 2 Range: Sight Duration: 1 round or more Casting time: 1 round Save: Will vs. spell check DC
General The cleric hypnotizes a target with the incomprehensible depths of the lotus stare.
Manifestation The cleric’s eyes swirl in a kaleidoscopic blur of light and dark. The eyes of affected targets swirl in the
same manner.
1-13 Failure.
14-15 Making eye contact with one target, the cleric forces it to stare into the swirling hypnotics of his gaze. The
target receives a Will save. If it fails, then as long as the cleric concentrates fully and maintains eye contact,
the creature is held immobile and cannot take any action. If eye contact is broken – either voluntarily
by the cleric or because the target is severely jostled, blindfolded, or otherwise removed from the cleric’s
sight – then the target regains its senses and can act as normal.
16-19 Making brief eye contact with one target, the cleric forces it to stare into the swirling hypnotics of his
gaze. The target receives a Will save. If it fails, then the cleric can break contact and the target remains
hypnotized for 1d6+CL rounds or until the hypnosis is broken. An attack or other physical trauma (including
a vigorous shaking by an ally) will break the hypnosis. While the target is hypnotized, it acts on
commands issued by the cleric, although it performs them as if a drugged zombie, moving at half-speed
and taking a -2 penalty to all actions. The commands can be of any type, even those that are self-destructive.
The target is considered to have animal-level intelligence while affected, so its ability to execute
complex instructions (or cast spells, if it is a spellcaster) will be inhibited.
20-21 Making brief eye contact with one target, the cleric forces it to stare into the swirling hypnotics of his
gaze. The target receives a Will save. If it fails, then the cleric can break contact and the target remains
hypnotized for 2d6+CL rounds. The hypnosis cannot be broken by physical means (i.e., an attack or jostling).
While the target is hypnotized, it acts on commands issued by the cleric, although it performs them
as if a drugged zombie, moving at half-speed and taking a -2 penalty to all actions. The commands can be
of any type, even those that are self-destructive. The target is considered to have animal-level intelligence
while affected, so its ability to execute complex instructions (or cast spells, if it is a spellcaster) will be
inhibited.
22-25 Making brief eye contact with one target, the cleric forces it to stare into the swirling hypnotics of his gaze.
The target receives a Will save. If it fails, then the cleric can break contact and the target remains hypnotized
for 1d4+CL days. The hypnosis cannot be broken by physical means (i.e., an attack or jostling). While the
target is hypnotized, it acts on commands issued by the cleric, although it performs them as if a drugged
zombie, moving at half-speed and taking a -2 penalty to all actions. The commands can be of any type,
even those that are self-destructive for the target. The target is considered to have animal-level intelligence
while affected, so its ability to execute complex instructions (or cast spells, if it is a spellcaster) will be inhibited.
The target receives a fresh Will save each day to end the effect before the spell’s duration expires.
26-29 Making brief eye contact with multiple targets, the cleric forces them to stare into the swirling hypnotics of
his gaze. The cleric can affect up to 10 targets in a “gaze cone” up to 40’ long and 40’ wide at its endpoint.
The targets receive a Will save. For any target that fails, the cleric can break contact and the target remains
hypnotized for 1d8+CL days. The hypnosis cannot be broken by physical means (i.e., an attack or jostling).
While the target is hypnotized, it acts on commands issued by the cleric, although it performs them as if a
drugged zombie, moving at half-speed and taking a -2 penalty to all actions. The commands can be of any
type, even those that are self-destructive. The target is considered to have animal-level intelligence while
affected, so its ability to execute complex instructions (or cast spells, if it is a spellcaster) will be inhibited.
The target receives a fresh Will save each day to end the effect before the spell’s duration expires.
30-31 Making brief eye contact with multiple targets, the cleric forces them to stare into the swirling hypnotics of
his gaze. The cleric can affect up to 10 targets in a “gaze cone” up to 40’ long and 40’ wide at its endpoint.
The targets receive a Will save. For any target that fails, the cleric can break contact and the target remains
hypnotized for 1d8+CL weeks. The hypnosis cannot be broken by physical means (i.e., an attack or jostling).
While the target is hypnotized, it acts on commands issued by the cleric, although it performs them
as if a drugged zombie, moving at half-speed and taking a -2 penalty to all actions. The commands can be
of any type, even those that are self-destructive. The target is considered to have animal-level intelligence
Page 277
while affected, so its ability to execute complex instructions (or cast spells, if it is a spellcaster) will be inhibited.
32-33 Making brief eye contact with multiple targets, the cleric forces them to stare into the swirling hypnotics
of his gaze. The cleric can affect up to 20 targets in a “gaze cone” up to 80’ long and 80’ wide at its endpoint.
The targets receive a Will save. For any target that fails, the cleric can break contact and the target
remains hypnotized for 1d8+CL weeks. The hypnosis cannot be broken by physical means (i.e., an attack
or jostling). While the target is hypnotized, it acts on commands issued by the cleric to the best of its normal,
non-hypnotized ability. Targets move at normal speed and take no penalties to their actions while
hypnotized. They retain their normal intelligence and can cast spells as normal (if applicable). However,
they are still obviously hypnotized, for their eyes swirl with the strange patterns of the lotus. The target
receives a fresh Will save each week to end the effect before the spell’s duration expires.
34+ Making brief eye contact with multiple targets, the cleric forces them to stare into the swirling hypnotics
of his gaze. The cleric can affect all targets in a “gaze cone” up to 80’ long and 80’ wide at its endpoint.
Creatures of 2 HD or less are automatically affected; other targets receive a Will save. For affected targets,
the cleric can break contact and the target remains hypnotized for 1d8+CL weeks. The hypnosis cannot be
broken by physical means (i.e., an attack or jostling). While the target is hypnotized, it acts on commands
issued by the cleric to the best of its normal, non-hypnotized ability. Targets move at normal speed and
take no penalties to their actions while hypnotized. They retain their normal intelligence and can cast
spells as normal (if applicable). However, they are still obviously hypnotized, for their eyes swirl with
the strange patterns of the lotus. The target receives a fresh Will save each week to end the effect before the
spell’s duration expires.

Scorching Ray
Level: 2 Range: 80’ Duration: Instantaneous Casting time: 1 action Save: Ref partial (see below)
General The caster summons the flames of Hell to immolate his foes.
Manifestation Roll 1d5: (1) arcing ray of fire; (2) laser beam; (3) flaming bullet; (4) sizzling gout of flame; (5) burning
hands followed by spray of sparks. Color of fire varies – red, yellow, blue, or green.
Corruption Roll 1d8: (1) all hair on the caster’s head is permanently burned off (including eyebrows and facial hair);
(2) the caster’s hands and arms are blackened, as if they had been charred and burned; (3) the caster’s
skin is permanently sunburned, causing discomfort and pain when he wears armor or rough fabrics; (4)
the caster’s face is caught in a burst of flame, melting his flesh into a horribly grotesque appearance; (5)
the caster develops an extreme sensitivity to heat, automatically taking an extra +1 damage on all dice
related to fire damage from now on; (6) greater; (7) major; (8) minor.
Misfire Roll 1d4: (1) caster explodes a ball of fire centered on himself, causing 1d6 damage and burning up all
flammable objects on his person; (2) caster sends forth an errant ray of fire that causes 1d6 damage to
one randomly determined ally within 30’; (3) caster lights the nearest ally on fire briefly for 1d4 damage;
(4) caster inadvertently reverses the spell, summoning a wave of chilling cold that automatically extinguishes
all flames within 100’ of him.
1 Lost, failure, and worse! Roll 1d6 modified by Luck: (0 or less) corruption + patron taint + misfire; (1-2)
corruption; (3) patron taint (or corruption if no patron); (4+) misfire.
2-11 Lost. Failure.
12-13 Failure, but spell is not lost.
14-15 One target takes 1d6 + caster level damage. Additionally, it must make a Reflex save vs. spell check or
catch fire. Each round thereafter it suffers an additional 1d6 damage until it succeeds on a DC 15 Reflex
save to extinguish the fire. Flammable objects on the target (e.g., scrolls or tomes) have a 75% chance of
catching fire unless protected.
16-19 One target takes 1d8 + caster level damage. Additionally, it must make a DC 15 Reflex save or catch fire.
Each round thereafter it suffers an additional 1d6 damage until it succeeds on a DC 15 Reflex save to
extinguish the fire. Flammable objects on the target (e.g., scrolls or tomes) have a 75% chance of catching
fire unless protected.
20-21 The caster can launch two rays, at the same target or at two targets. Each ray does 1d10 + caster level
damage. Additionally, each target must make a DC 15 Reflex save or catch fire. Each round thereafter the
target suffers an additional 1d6 damage until it succeeds on a DC 15 Reflex save to extinguish the fire.
Flammable objects on the target (e.g., scrolls or tomes) have a 75% chance of catching fire unless protected.
22-25 The caster can launch three rays, at the same target or different targets. Each ray does 1d12 + caster level
damage. Additionally, each target must make a DC 15 Reflex save or catch fire. Each round thereafter the
target suffers an additional 1d6 damage until it succeeds on a DC 15 Reflex save to extinguish the fire.
Flammable objects on the target (e.g., scrolls or tomes) have a 75% chance of catching fire unless protected.
26-29 The caster sends forth a fanning wave of flames. The attack is shaped like a cone, centered on the caster
and expanding to a width of 40’ at its farthest end 80’ away. All targets within the cone take 1d12 + caster
level damage. Additionally, each target must make a DC 15 Reflex save or catch fire. Each round thereafter
the target suffers an additional 1d6 damage until it succeeds on a DC 15 Reflex save to extinguish
the fire. Flammable objects on the target (e.g., scrolls or tomes) have a 75% chance of catching fire unless
protected.
30-31 The caster detonates a blast of fire centered on himself. He suffers no damage, but all targets within 20’
are automatically immolated for 1d12 points of damage. In addition, the blast sends out up to a dozen
jets of flame, each 80’ long and aimed at a single target. Each jet does 1d20 + caster level damage and
automatically catches the target on fire for an additional 1d6 damage each round until the target makes
a DC 15 Reflex save. Flammable objects on the target (e.g., scrolls or tomes) automatically catch fire. No
target can be damaged by more than one jet of flame.
Page 193
32-33 The caster detonates a blast of fire centered on himself. He suffers no damage, but all targets within 30’
are automatically immolated for 1d20 points of damage. In addition, the blast sends out up to a dozen
jets of flame, each 80’ long and aimed at a single target. Each jet does 1d20 + caster level damage and
automatically catches the target on fire for an additional 1d8 damage each round until the target makes
a DC 15 Reflex save. Flammable objects on the target (e.g., scrolls or tomes) automatically catch fire. No
target can be damaged by more than one jet of flame.
34+ The caster summons a jet of magma and flame from the earth’s core, which explodes upward from his
feet then blasts out at his enemies. He can direct a scorching ray of flame at any target he can see, to a
range of 1,000’. The amount of damage done by each ray depends on how much the caster must dilute
the pure magma of the earth’s core. A single target takes 6d20+CL damage; 2-5 targets each take 4d20+CL
damage; 6-10 targets each take 3d12+CL damage; 11-30 targets each take 1d20+CL damage; 31-50 targets
each take 1d12+CL damage; 51-100 targets each take 1d8 damage; and 101 or more targets each take 1d6
damage. Every target must succeed on a DC 15 Reflex save or catch fire, suffering an additional 1d6 damage
every round thereafter until they again succeed on a DC 15 Reflex save.
Last edited by Skyscraper on Tue May 27, 2014 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Skyscraper wrote:I noticed that my character's original name Ulmo was close to the title of the game Mulmo. This somehow must have influenced me unconsciously, but was not a conscious choice :shock: . So I changed my character's name to Maledict, the name given by his angered father when his wife died at my character's birth. I like that name better anyway.
If you like.
The question: rules say "at first level, a warrior’s Luck modifier applies to attack rolls with one specific kind of weapon." This is only for attack rolls right? Or is it also for damage rolls? I ask because the deed die is called an "attack modifier" and applies to both attack and damage rolls. It's only a possible +1 damage bonus difference anyway, but I thought I'd ask.
Attack rolls.
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Oh and thanks for conjuring cool items RC!

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Skyscraper wrote:Oh and thanks for conjuring cool items RC!
:mrgreen:

Feel free to use them as treasures in your home games!
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
:mrgreen:

Feel free to use them as treasures in your home games!
Thanks for the offer. I actually love designing custom items that fit the story of the game or the player's intent towards a specific background or story goal and do so quite often. I consequently liked reading through your own take of the items you provided for everyone, I like the flavor of each and love that you take time to do such a thing.

Stouthart
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Stouthart »

+1. Reading through these items were a joy. Great work Raven_Crowking.

-Stouthart
Revelation of Mulmo PbP:

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”