The Revelation of Mulmo PBP - WARNING SPOILERS

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

marshal kt

Re: The Revelation of Mulmo PBP - WARNING SPOILERS

Post by marshal kt »

Fred replies, " Umm I'd rather not dig through this....."
"If you want to just ransack this place, all of us could do that. Someone should stay ready for... anything."
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The wooden panels seem to be merely paintings upon wood. They can be removed from the wall.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Sufferus looks behind each panel but leaves them hanging.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Nothing obvious; there just appears to be wall behind the panels.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

He looks through the wardrobes, including in the pockets or pouches of anything that might hang in there.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

Fred will tap on the walls behind the panels to see if there's a false wall or trigger.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Fred finds no sign of anything unusual behind the panels.
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

S we can continue downstairs? Or am I forgetting anything? If at least one other player agrees, Maledict continues into the staircase.

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

You can certainly go down the stairs, if you so choose!

A faintly sweet smell drifts up from the darkness below, like cinnamon and honey.
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Raven_Crowking wrote:You can certainly go down the stairs, if you so choose!

A faintly sweet smell drifts up from the darkness below, like cinnamon and honey.
Maledict is hungry.

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

OK Let's go. Let me check the way for traps.. Great place to put them is on stairs.

Hope this link works.
http://anydice.com/program/2f

rolled an 11, +7 = 18
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Yoros is happy to let experts apply their knowledge.

He is however ready to pull Fred back, if it looks like Fred is going to get whacked by a hidden mallet, sickle, or anything of the like....
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Maledict follows down as soon as he can.

Sufferus is happy to close the parade with the body of the elf trailing behind him.

(What happened to the body of our dwarven friend by the way? Are we still carrying it? If so, who?)

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Skyscraper wrote:(What happened to the body of our dwarven friend by the way? Are we still carrying it? If so, who?)
(I'm pretty sure Yoros was carrying somebody -- so when we are on the move, consider Yoros to have the Dwarf in a fireman's carry -- somehow.)
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

As Fred examines the area at the top of the stairs for traps, something unseen brushes against his leg, like a thin strand of cobweb, there and now gone.
SoBH pbp:

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

Umm guys.. I think tere's something here.

OOC: I'll roll to disarm the trap. BTW, did that link show my roll?

13+7 = 20

http://anydice.com/
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

What trap? You see no sign of a trap.
SoBH pbp:

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

AHH. I thought you said he/I detected something.. NM.
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Maledict, impatient, steps over the thief and moves down along the staircase. "Lady Blackrush, we will find the well of all wells, do not worry." He appears to be talking to his sword again.

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

"Umm. Ok. Right. Lead the way. "
Fred stays back a few feet incase Maledict stumbles over or into something.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Very well.

As Maledict pushes down the stairs, unseen filaments brush against him. Three are capable of hitting AC 20, 21, and 22 respectively. Each of these does 1d3 damage - three "2"s in a row for 6 points. Each also requires a DC 7 Fortitude save. Maledict sees nothing, but he can certainly feel the filaments sting!
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Very well.

As Maledict pushes down the stairs, unseen filaments brush against him. Three are capable of hitting AC 20, 21, and 22 respectively. Each of these does 1d3 damage - three "2"s in a row for 6 points. Each also requires a DC 7 Fortitude save. Maledict sees nothing, but he can certainly feel the filaments sting!
Maledict takes 6 damage, and successfully rolls his 3 saves with results well over DC 7.

Maledict stops when he is injured by the unseen filaments and frowns towards Fred.

"Fred, you did not check properly to make sure that there was no trap here. Some trap hurts me."

Sufferus shares a glance of incredulity with Fred and then focuses on Maledict.

Maledict retreats back up. There, Sufferus stings Maledict with a touch. "The pain is unpleasant, is it?" He repeats, to try to teach something to the thick-skulled warrior.

Lay on Hands on Maledict (who had suffered previous injuries): heal check 1d20 + 5 = 14 + 5 = 19 (opposed alignment, single die of healing) 1d10 = 1 hit point healed. Repeat. Same result (14+5) = 1d10 = 4 hits points healed. Repeat 3 + 5 = 8 no healing. Repeat. Result = 12 + 5 = 17 = 1d10 = 5 hit points. Repeat. Result = 7 + 5 = 12 = 1d10 = 7 hit points. Maledict is healed.

(Let me know if something I do is inappropriate or otherwise shouldnt or cant happen.)

Sufferus turns towards Fred and blatantly ignores Maledict.

"What do you think?"

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Maledict retreats up the stairs successfully, so you are all in the room above the cinnamon-and-honey smell.
SoBH pbp:

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

I think it's really sharp spider webs.....
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Yoros tries slowly passing his sword through the fillaments, bringing the sword down from being held straight up...

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”