Sailors on the Starless Sea question

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

designbot
Gongfarmer

Sailors on the Starless Sea question

Post by designbot »

Just ran my first DCC session a couple nights ago, getting through the first half of Sailors on the Starless Sea.

I ran into some confusion, because I couldn't find any description in the text of how the players are actually supposed to get down to the lower level. (This kind of seems like important information).

I eventually figured out from the map that there's supposed to be a doorway in Area H - Tower of the Beast, leading to a staircase, which is first described two or three flights down in Area 1-1 - Trail of Gold. I thought it was very odd that there was no mention of the entrance, given that it's the most important thing for the characters to find in order for the adventure to progress.

Am I missing something?
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Sailors on the Starless Sea question

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Nope. It's the staircase, just add it to the description. They can try also climb down through the rift, but that counts as mass suicide. There supposed to be a way through the tomb too, but you'll have to look up the debate about how that works (and if it was fixed in later printings).
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”