Coffin confusion

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Booberry
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Coffin confusion

Post by Booberry »

Hi.
Yesterday I picked up The Chained Coffin at my FLGS. There were 2 different price points, which was confusing because the contents listed were the same on every box. I already knew there were different versions of the box but it was still a bit odd.

I picked up the $40 one since I was buying several other things as well. When I got home I saw that the spinning wheel thing wasn't included, which was weird since it was listed on the box. It took me a bit of research on the product page to understand what had happened, which was that someone had assembled a $40 box with a special edition box back. (I don't know why the photo below insists on uploading sideways).

Are they all like that? If so the white sticker thing is contradictory. If not, then mine was just an accident. This isn't a big deal to me because in the end I got what I was supposed to get for what I paid, and actually wasn't all that excited about the wheel thing anyway.

It does seem like an unnecessarily convoluted way to sell this set though. I realize this just comes from the stretch goals making it to the brick and mortar level, but I'm hoping future box sets like Purple Planet will be more straightforward. Like, it took me a lot of words to even explain why this is confusing.

THAT BEING SAID, I love DCC RPG and this seems like a great box set. I have every single module (except Glipkeiro's Gambit), and I'll buy every one of them to come.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”