questions about Doom of the savage & sword against death

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

donpimpom
Far-Sighted Wanderer

questions about Doom of the savage & sword against death

Post by donpimpom »

yes, there are 4lvl of difference between these modules that's why I'm posting this.
questions 1 by 1

-In Doom, I misunderstood it or it is possible to kill the Hound without leaving the village? is as simple as get the widow's shackles and wait for the hound to attack the village, so no need to go at Ulfheonar mound or the Fens, is this right?

-One of the characters died in the last session, I'm considering the possibility to leave open the door to play swords against death. Would you thinker the module to play it at lvl 2? or will ping the whole party to level 5?

-if finally we take the "Swords..." path I'm considering to leave the dead player "alive", in a kind of undead state, he can act as alive (can talk, move, fitgh, etc) but he isn't (is pale, smell funny, at some point will turn from pale to dark yellow greenish, got maggots in the hair, etc). I think this can add more fun to the game instead to simpy leave him dead and waiting to be saved.
At this point, I will have to house rule some details to avoid exploits, for instance, he is already dead, but if he gets downed to 0 again (by combat or by traps) he will loss attribute points permanently, so the player will be very careful that nothing damages permanently the recipient of their soul as he will be when alive.
The motto will be something like "isn't easy to be undead"

Advices and toughs welcome
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: questions about Doom of the savage & sword against death

Post by catseye yellow »

donpimpom wrote:yes, there are 4lvl of difference between these modules that's why I'm posting this.
questions 1 by 1

-In Doom, I misunderstood it or it is possible to kill the Hound without leaving the village? is as simple as get the widow's shackles and wait for the hound to attack the village, so no need to go at Ulfheonar mound or the Fens, is this right?

-One of the characters died in the last session, I'm considering the possibility to leave open the door to play swords against death. Would you thinker the module to play it at lvl 2? or will ping the whole party to level 5?

-if finally we take the "Swords..." path I'm considering to leave the dead player "alive", in a kind of undead state, he can act as alive (can talk, move, fitgh, etc) but he isn't (is pale, smell funny, at some point will turn from pale to dark yellow greenish, got maggots in the hair, etc). I think this can add more fun to the game instead to simpy leave him dead and waiting to be saved.
At this point, I will have to house rule some details to avoid exploits, for instance, he is already dead, but if he gets downed to 0 again (by combat or by traps) he will loss attribute points permanently, so the player will be very careful that nothing damages permanently the recipient of their soul as he will be when alive.
The motto will be something like "isn't easy to be undead"

Advices and toughs welcome
there is a magic item in savage kings that can bring back dead PC once. it could be, in itself, good reason to go the mound even if hound has already been slain.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: questions about Doom of the savage & sword against death

Post by Ravenheart87 »

My players killed the hound in front of the villagers and then started a revolt against the jarl. Then they went to loot the mound and all died except a thief.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”