The Old God’s Return

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

MutieMoe
Far-Sighted Wanderer

The Old God’s Return

Post by MutieMoe »

This module arrived to my door today and I have not even read it through with thought but I'm impressed.

Tontut & Joulupukki!?! :shock:

This is madness, this is plashemy and totally awesome, thanks to the talented folk behind this adventure!
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: The Old God’s Return

Post by michaelcurtis »

I'm pleased my folklore name-dropping didn't go unappreciated by everyone. :D
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Oh, it is appreciated good sir.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

I am running it this weekend!
DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

Just ran this module last night as a zero level funnel with 7 players (3 zero levels each at the start). I beefed up many of the encounters, to make it more challenging for the large party. Through correspondence with the author, Mr. Curtis, I decided to tone down the number of sovereign fire points per character, since there were so many of them. I had each PC receive a d10 roll to see how many points. In the end, most of the party leveled up to 1 just before the end game, which made it a little easier for them to win, but there were still some surprise fatalities at the end due to some bricked saving throws. Overall, it was a lot of fun. Two of my players were first time DCC RPGers...and they both loved it. A great time was had by all, and we were able to finish it in one session.

It is another awesome adventure from the mind of Mr. Curtis!
kvezner
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by kvezner »

On its merits as an adventure, this is my favorite Michael Curtis adventure for DCCRPG so far. I like the unity of it and its theme.

However I was unhappy with my purchase, because of its small size at only 8.5" x 5.5". I like the typical DCCRPG adventure size and dislike anything as small as this booklet-sized adventure. I like the DCCRPG illustrations and like to see them at a size I can appreciate, here they were half size and the details are less clear. I also like having a good amount of information on a page, here I had to flip pages or squint. I do not understand the decision to print this adventure as a booklet. This adventure is the same price as a regular adventure and for that money I expect a regular-sized product. If it is less than 16 pages at full size, then it is less than 16 pages.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

kvezner wrote:On its merits as an adventure, this is my favorite Michael Curtis adventure for DCCRPG so far. I like the unity of it and its theme.

However I was unhappy with my purchase, because of its small size at only 8.5" x 5.5". I like the typical DCCRPG adventure size and dislike anything as small as this booklet-sized adventure. I like the DCCRPG illustrations and like to see them at a size I can appreciate, here they were half size and the details are less clear. I also like having a good amount of information on a page, here I had to flip pages or squint. I do not understand the decision to print this adventure as a booklet. This adventure is the same price as a regular adventure and for that money I expect a regular-sized product. If it is less than 16 pages at full size, then it is less than 16 pages.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I happen to prefer digest size. So I guess in the cosmic scheme of things we strike a balance :)
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Skars wrote:
kvezner wrote:On its merits as an adventure, this is my favorite Michael Curtis adventure for DCCRPG so far. I like the unity of it and its theme.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I happen to prefer digest size. So I guess in the cosmic scheme of things we strike a balance :)
The Neutral Gods say "Iä!".
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”