Best Funnels

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Aechere
Gongfarmer

Best Funnels

Post by Aechere »

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a good Funnel to run for a group of 0th level adventurers. I've run Sailors of the Starless Sea and the Funnel in the Corebook before, and was looking for something new. Particularly something that I could tie into the Saga of the Dragon Cult if possible. I will probably change things around to do some foreshadowing with the rest of the upcoming game, otherwise.

Thanks.
Maxwell Luther
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Best Funnels

Post by Maxwell Luther »

Aechere wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a good Funnel to run for a group of 0th level adventurers. I've run Sailors of the Starless Sea and the Funnel in the Corebook before, and was looking for something new. Particularly something that I could tie into the Saga of the Dragon Cult if possible. I will probably change things around to do some foreshadowing with the rest of the upcoming game, otherwise.

Thanks.
I loved Frozen in Time, which is not only a weird funnel and great fun for the players if you keep the mystery intact by describing technology from a primitive POV, but also includes a new occupation table for barbarian primitives that I actually used for my Starless Sea demo game last Wednesday.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

+1. Frozen in Time is great.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Other funnel choices include:

From Purple Sorcerer: Perils of the Sunken City, The Ooze Pits of Jonas Gralk (a personal favourite), and A Gathering of the Marked.

From Thick Skull: Attack of the Frawgs (which plays fairly quickly, and is therefore a good Con or one-shot choice).

Some of the material in In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (Mystic Bull) can also be used as a funnel.

EDIT: Forgot The Ruins of Ramat and The Witch of Wydfield (Brave Halfling). D'oh!

I have two funnels which should appear pretty soon: Prince Charming, Reanimator from Purple Duck and The Arwich Grinder in Crawl!

I have adapted U1: The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh as a funnel, and have also adapted The Albuquerque Spaceport from Gamma World for my home campaign. It is pretty easy to adapt anything to DCC once you get the hang of it.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”