People of the PIt Ghosts Question

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

AQuebman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

People of the PIt Ghosts Question

Post by AQuebman »

So I am running my group through People of the Pit and they ended up crawling down the tentacle into the crypt room 1-25 with the waiting mindless ghosts. My question is the module never specifies what their plus to hit is it just mentions their special attack and that it does 1d4 temporary stamina damage while holding them. I went ahead and used the Ghost in the core rulebook which has a +6 to hit I was just wondering if anyone else can clarify what it's supposed to be for future reference. It also doesn't specify what happens if you have multiple ghosts on one guy. I went ahead and rolled additional d4's for each ghost that hit.

Perhaps I did this wrong and the ghosts just touch without an attack?

Needless to say even with making all the attacks and requiring the ghosts to continue to touch them as the module specifies being level 1 without anything magical and nobody finding the magic sword in the room end up leading to a number of death's before the survivors shimmied their way out of the room and further down the tentacle. It also helped teach the lesson that in DCC not everything is easy to kill :twisted:
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: People of the PIt Ghosts Question

Post by beermotor »

I ran this for my party at level 1-2 and the cleric just turned everything which ended the threat pretty quickly. The stamina damage however can be deadly.
AQuebman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by AQuebman »

The party has a cleric but she's Chaotic and the module specifies lawful clerics only can do anything to these ghosts so that threw that out the window.
themightyeroc
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by themightyeroc »

My group had 3 clerics in at the time, one of each alignment. I totally forgot only the lawful one would work and they "Turned" the be-jeezus out of that encounter. I'll remember if I run it again.
Ah well, who wants to live forever? DIE!
worldoferoc.blogspot.com
AQuebman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by AQuebman »

So I get the gist that I was right and there was nothing posted about the attacks perhaps that needs a little bit of errata or a reference to use the Ghost in the main handbook.

Yeah the chaotic cleric wasn't too happy to find out her god had no help to give her other than the few spells she had. I allowed her Word of Command to work at least though which was the only thing that really helped them escape.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”