Tower of the Stargazer - Session Write Up by Stephan Poag

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Tower of the Stargazer - Session Write Up by Stephan Poag

Post by jonchappellnow2 »

jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Tower of the Stargazer - Session Write Up by Stephan Poa

Second Session of Stargazer, wherein our heroes head to the dungeon...

http://guildofthedungeoncrawlers.blogsp ... ia-in.html
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

Thanks for posting these, my characters are likely headed to the tower in a couple sessions.
jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Glad to share. I think it is a solid adventure that completely fits within the DCCRPG old school style.

While I'm totally enjoying Goodman's adventures products and will likely being running ALL of them, I must say that Through the Cotillion of Hours and The Tower of the Stargazer have been a ton of fun as well.

I'll keep the posts coming. :)
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

Hah, I just ran Through the Cotillion of Hours tonight and it was a blast! I totally agree with you. Piecing together the two lines of products produces a really great campaign environment rich in weird fantasy and Appendix N.

*Flying Air guitar jump kick* in appreciation to Goodman & Raggi for getting the dormant Judges, like me, fired up to run again and a forearm bash to the third party materials with fresh ideas.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thank you for the kind words about Cotillion.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

I just bought Tower, Coalition, and Sepulcher from RPG now! Can't wait to read them...
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Thank you for the kind words about Cotillion.
Very well done sir. My group made it about 2/3s the way through before running out of time this first go 'round. I am now coming up with some minor variations of the next time they are invited to the realm of Somnos. (hah in particular I am going to use some of the game pieces from "Busen Memo" as a puzzle for players instead of will saves the next time they enter the Hall of sweeter dreams.) :P
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Skars wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:Thank you for the kind words about Cotillion.
Very well done sir. My group made it about 2/3s the way through before running out of time this first go 'round. I am now coming up with some minor variations of the next time they are invited to the realm of Somnos. (hah in particular I am going to use some of the game pieces from "Busen Memo" as a puzzle for players instead of will saves the next time they enter the Hall of sweeter dreams.) :P
Thank you very much. I am glad that you enjoyed/are enjoying it. When you throw these things out into the world, you never know how they will be received!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

@ cthulhudarren - Nice purchases! I encourage you to share any session write ups. I know that I read what others write before running an adventure and they prove invaluable -- sort of like giving you one take on things while appreciating how every GM has their own spin, interpretation and flavor.

I just picked up Brave Halfling's The Vile Worm. Wow. An it has a gorgeous BATTLEMAT available for it as well!

I would love, LOVE to see some official, commissioned battlemats for DCCRPG products like Portal Beneath the Stars, Doom of the Savage Kings, and People of the Pit. Heck, I'd be willing to chip in to get them kickstarted. Not that you need the minis, but they definitely have enhanced our game.

Thank you to Joe Goodman, Harley and company (as well as to Raggi and Grognardia's James Maliszewski) for having found a sweet spot which are unifying the old school into a more common vision that was lost to us.

My personal gaming experience hasn't felt this good in over twenty years.

:)
jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Part 3 of Tower of the Stargazer is up, with pics and as always written up by Stephan Poag

WARNING - Gruesome player character fatalities and serious risk of a TPK at the link:

http://guildofthedungeoncrawlers.blogsp ... gazer.html

Enjoy!
jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Conclusion with Pics and a TOWER DIORAMA!

Enjoy!

http://guildofthedungeoncrawlers.blogsp ... gazer.html
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

I just ran this one for our group this past Friday and what a hoot. We had an unsuspecting stargazing dwarf get blasted off to the surface he was viewing when one of his fellow party members couldn't help but keep playing with the levers and buttons! :P
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

Is that an Avalon Hill "Gunslinger" sitting on top of the game of Life in the photo? :?:
jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Here are the survey results along with player and Judge comments. Enjoy!

http://guildofthedungeoncrawlers.blogsp ... sults.html
jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

@ Skars - could be. We play at the house of one of the players, so I can't say for sure. I'll ask Kevin. :)

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”