Through the Cotillion of Hours write up by Stephan Poag

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Through the Cotillion of Hours write up by Stephan Poag

Post by jonchappellnow2 »

The party survived unlucky session 13! (barely)

I thought that this module was an EXCELLENT follow up to Sailors on the Starless Sea, given the "Crawler's Guild" episodic conceit of our campaign.

Very experimental, with puzzles and role-playing opportunities aplenty to break up the "save the village, watch out for yet another chest bursting zombie creature" pattern we're finding. Enjoy!

I'll attempt to get a group feedback survey on both Starless and Cotillion by the end of the year.

Enjoy!

http://guildofthedungeoncrawlers.blogsp ... ne_20.html
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Through the Cotillion of Hours write up by Stephan Poag

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I am gratified that you had so much fun with it. Your write-up sounds like you had a blast!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Fantastic module. As a segue out of the climactic ending of Sailors on the Starless Sea, I thought it was a perfect fit.

Our group of jaded gamers from multiple generations had seen it all until I threw this at them. It definitely caught everyone off guard, jarring expectations. The idea of the masks, coupled with the 13 hour clock time limit, coupled with the dreamy atmosphere made for one of the most memorable adventure ever.

I know that some of our players had a tough time with it because it was very unforgiving and featured puzzles and random elements. But to me that's exactly how it should have been.

Thanks for putting your imagination, time and energy into this. I can recommend it to any DCCRPG fans looking to break the routine of dungeon-of-the-week (not that I'll ever get tired of that!)
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

Thank for your review. I had been sitting on the fence, trying to decide whether I should give this series of modules a chance, or not. Well I am sure glad that I did! This is a really great module and I cannot wait to use it in my budding campaign. I will have to go buy AL1-2 as well.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thank you very kindly.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Sir Robilar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sir Robilar »

Recently read this module and I love it to death! Fabulous encounters, cool encounters and ideas throughout, perfect dreamy atmosphere. Can't wait to play this with the gang. Kudos to you, Raven Crowking!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thank you. Hope you like it as much when you play it.
SoBH pbp:

jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Player Survey is up!

Very unique adventure prompted some unique player responses.

http://guildofthedungeoncrawlers.blogsp ... on-of.html

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”