Doom of the Savage Kings - Player Survey Results

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Doom of the Savage Kings - Player Survey Results

Post by jonchappellnow2 »

I gave the same survey questions from The Portal Beneath the Stars for our second adventure, Doom of the Savage Kings. This is also the same group that Stephan Poag has been doing writing ups for, just in case you'd like to read what happened elsewhere.

http://guildofthedungeoncrawlers.blogsp ... lo_23.html

Enjoy!
Jon

P.S. Thank you Harley, as always.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Doom of the Savage Kings - Player Survey Results

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ha! That's awesome. I must have missed the first survey ... very cool.

There's some useful feedback in there. Thank the rest of the players for me.

And yes, the door doesn't open. :twisted:

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jonchappellnow2 »

Yeah Harley, they obsessed over that darned fake door to the point of a near inner-party fight over it. As the GM I was a bit of a bastard and sent mixed signals to each player as to if it would be worth trying to figure out.

Great stuff!

The best praise that I can share, is that I think Doom is my favorite module since playing the original first edition TSR advemtires like the G series, Homlett, and Borderlands.

What I particularly value is how every room has something interesting going on that, if you do your prep work, is part of a continuous whole. It's very compacted but also integrated, which appeals to me as a modern gamer who also works full time and has a family. Each encounter, each room, each... idea, has something cool and interesting to offer (even if it's a fake door).

Anyway, here is the same survey questions, but from "Portal" to show comparison. It seems that our group found more to like in Doom than in Portal, but obviously there's a lot more content to work with.

http://guildofthedungeoncrawlers.blogsp ... dback.html

Now we're off and running Sailors. I'll be posting Steph's write up later this weekend when they took the tower. BTW - If you ever get a chance to game with Stefan Poag, you won't regret it. He, and fortunately for me all of my other players, make it a joy to be the Judge.
stefan
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by stefan »

Harley Stroh wrote:And yes, the door doesn't open. :twisted:

//H
Next session, I'm going to suggest that the group head back to the Tomb of the Savage King and spend the whole time trying to open that door.
Garlord_Darkthought
Gongfarmer

Post by Garlord_Darkthought »

I think we need to revisit that molasses cookie idea.
"If you can be seen...
...you can be hit.
If you can be hit...
...you can be killed."

-- Code of the Rogue
stefan
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by stefan »

Garlord_Darkthought wrote:I think we need to revisit that molasses cookie idea.
Again with the excrement!?!

Just warn me beforehand. I don't want my character standing anywhere near Kevin's character when that situation reaches critical mass.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”