Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: More importantly, what's after #74?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:56 pm 
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Is Blades Against Death the last adventure of the year? What does 2013 hold?

The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile

Post subject: Re: More importantly, what's after #74?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:16 am 
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

#75 - Mystery of the Tomes from the Future

Actually I'm in minority here, since I'm usually running sandbox campaigns with my own adventures, so I'm not planning to buy modules. I'm more interested in the promised annuals.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:22 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Ravenheart87 wrote:
I'm more interested in the promised annuals.
This is an interesting statement. Joseph has stated that he's more interested in module creation than contributing to rules "bloat" and my impression was that the rules annuals were sort of vague and "well, if we have some good stuff we might collect it together" rather than a pre-planned "we have this stuff we want to sell you."

In other words, I don't know that there is any current plan to put out annuals unless it's a matter of looking through the boards and finding good ideas to compile into an occasional volume. Jospeh will have to speak up on this, but I've heard nothing about this idea since the early playtest days.

DCC RPG playtester 2011, C&C playtester 2003,T&T since 2003,
ADRP Since 1993, OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:38 am 

finarvyn wrote:
Ravenheart87 wrote:
I'm more interested in the promised annuals.
This is an interesting statement. Joseph has stated that he's more interested in module creation than contributing to rules "bloat" and my impression was that the rules annuals were sort of vague and "well, if we have some good stuff we might collect it together" rather than a pre-planned "we have this stuff we want to sell you."

I would say it's a bit ironic. I don't really need modules, since I write my own adventures/setting, and I play a game which focuses heavily on them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Not as ironic, if you look at the Goodman Games output since inception. It's like, what, 123% percent modules and 9% other stuff! It's what they do, and they do it darn well.

That other 9% is sterling, as well. Heck, it is about 12 times better than my math!

I'm curious what you're hungry for that you expect the annuals to feature...

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:18 pm 

To avoid further misunderstandings: it's ironic that I play a game which is heavily supported by modules, because I don't need modules. Is it clear now? :)

And about the annuals: I'm not hungry for anything, I just simply like tinkering with races, classes, rules, spells, therefore an annual with new stuff is a far more interesting source of inspiration for me, than a module I'm not going to use. That's all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:06 pm 
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Ravenheart87 wrote:
To avoid further misunderstandings: it's ironic that I play a game which is heavily supported by modules, because I don't need modules. Is it clear now? :)

And about the annuals: I'm not hungry for anything, I just simply like tinkering with races, classes, rules, spells, therefore an annual with new stuff is a far more interesting source of inspiration for me, than a module I'm not going to use. That's all.

Agree 100%. I could care less about the modules, I want stuff I can use in my campaigns.

Domain rules are probably my biggest desire along with more spells, items, racial classes and patrons. Alternative/optional classes (ie. not a fan of the cleric as written but would like another healer type) would be nice as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:12 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

If you didn't see it, Harley himself lets the corrupted cat out of the bag that there is in fact an upcoming Annual...

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=42153

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)