The Portal Under the Stars

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

TimeLord410
Gongfarmer

The Portal Under the Stars

Post by TimeLord410 »

I'm gearing up to run this event at a local convention, and was wondering what I can expect the average play through duration to be? I know this will vary depending on the play style of the group. I'm just looking for a rough estimate as to what would be considered average.
jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: The Portal Under the Stars

Post by jonchappellnow2 »

Hey Timelord,

With our group we created brand new characters and took it slowly. I think it was about 7 total hours over two or three sessions, but we goofed around a bit with lots of table talk and were still figuring out the ruleset.

I'm estimating that with pre-generated characters, a GM who is familiar with the rules and knows the adventure, you could get through it in about 3 hours give or take, depending upon the size, experience and focus of the group -- and if they split the party.

Hope this helps. It's only one opinion.
gmgeoff
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by gmgeoff »

I ran through with a split group of noobs and veterans. I had notes prepared. Took about 3.5 hours with rolling new characters for everybody.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

I think we took 1.5 sessions, about 4-5 hours total time, to roll up characters and play through the module. Big chunk of that, probably almost half, was character creation. Lots of book flipping, but it helps to do one thing and go around the table ("Ok, everybody roll d30s for Lucky Rolls/Birth Augurs.").
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Around 4-5 hours maybe, without rolling characters. It was the first DCC RPG module I ran.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”