Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: "Sailors" missing door on map?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:26 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Area B-1 (Tomb of the Fallen).

The entrance from the south-east text describes "A strange and foreboding portal bars your way." However, the tomb map illustrates that entrance as a twisting hall opening directly into the tomb.

Running this game tonight (very fun!) I made the mistake of revealing the burial bier to the players based on the map, and then started into the flavor text, which I hadn't adequately grokked in advance, as I thought that the "portal" description must apply to the other entrance, which has a sort-of-portal on the map. Not the case I guess. :oops:

Post subject: Re: "Sailors" missing door on map?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:06 am 

Can you post this is the FAQ thread (Stomp the Typo) please? It'd make gathering all the questions, queries, and errata together a lot easier, thanks.

Colin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:22 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

phg wrote:
Area B-1 (Tomb of the Fallen).

The entrance from the south-east text describes "A strange and foreboding portal bars your way." However, the tomb map illustrates that entrance as a twisting hall opening directly into the tomb.

Yes ... we're missing a door on the map, an error on my part. I'll cross post this over on Stomp the Typo.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:26 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Harley Stroh wrote:
Yes ... we're missing a door on the map, an error on my part. I'll cross post this over on Stomp the Typo.
//H

Thanks for the answer and push to the "FAQ".

Great adventure, btw Harley! I'm not entirely sure that my group will be able to overcome this funnel. The tower in the keep took out 6 characters, and they needed ALL the rescued villagers to fill out their ranks. Lots of laughter and slaughter intermixed. Fun!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:32 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Colin wrote:
Can you post this is the FAQ thread (Stomp the Typo) please? It'd make gathering all the questions, queries, and errata together a lot easier, thanks.
Colin

I don't work here; I'm just a customer. :D

I think one-off specific questions a player might have about potential "bugs" in published work belong in this forum. If I'm the first person to ask it, it's not a "Frequently Asked" question, and for all I know I may be missing something glaringly obvious and clear to 99% of the community. I'd hate to see the FAQ thread become more difficult to manage because of unnecessary chatter.