"Sailors" missing door on map?

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

phg
Wild-Eyed Zealot

"Sailors" missing door on map?

Post by phg »

Area B-1 (Tomb of the Fallen).

The entrance from the south-east text describes "A strange and foreboding portal bars your way." However, the tomb map illustrates that entrance as a twisting hall opening directly into the tomb.

Running this game tonight (very fun!) I made the mistake of revealing the burial bier to the players based on the map, and then started into the flavor text, which I hadn't adequately grokked in advance, as I thought that the "portal" description must apply to the other entrance, which has a sort-of-portal on the map. Not the case I guess. :oops:
Colin

Re: "Sailors" missing door on map?

Post by Colin »

Can you post this is the FAQ thread (Stomp the Typo) please? It'd make gathering all the questions, queries, and errata together a lot easier, thanks.

Colin
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

phg wrote:Area B-1 (Tomb of the Fallen).

The entrance from the south-east text describes "A strange and foreboding portal bars your way." However, the tomb map illustrates that entrance as a twisting hall opening directly into the tomb.
Yes ... we're missing a door on the map, an error on my part. I'll cross post this over on Stomp the Typo.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
phg
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by phg »

Harley Stroh wrote: Yes ... we're missing a door on the map, an error on my part. I'll cross post this over on Stomp the Typo.
//H
Thanks for the answer and push to the "FAQ".

Great adventure, btw Harley! I'm not entirely sure that my group will be able to overcome this funnel. The tower in the keep took out 6 characters, and they needed ALL the rescued villagers to fill out their ranks. Lots of laughter and slaughter intermixed. Fun!
phg
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by phg »

Colin wrote:Can you post this is the FAQ thread (Stomp the Typo) please? It'd make gathering all the questions, queries, and errata together a lot easier, thanks.
Colin
I don't work here; I'm just a customer. :D

I think one-off specific questions a player might have about potential "bugs" in published work belong in this forum. If I'm the first person to ask it, it's not a "Frequently Asked" question, and for all I know I may be missing something glaringly obvious and clear to 99% of the community. I'd hate to see the FAQ thread become more difficult to manage because of unnecessary chatter.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”