DCC in Tacoma, Washington @ Stonegate Pizza and Rum Bar

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

RamblinGrump
Far-Sighted Wanderer

DCC in Tacoma, Washington @ Stonegate Pizza and Rum Bar

Post by RamblinGrump »

Open DCC game that is currently playing through a modified "Intrigue at the Court of Chaos" and when they escape that mess will be headed to the Purple Planet on a Crawl Jammer. They are trying to find a way to escape the God of Chaos who has been hounding them since they interrupted the resurrection of his Avatars on the mortal plane.

I have mix of characters at various levels depending on how many sessions they have attended. I'll have pre gens at the event or you can bring your own level 4 character.
for more info about the event and RSVP
http://www.meetup.com/Gamerati/events/224728842/

421 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA, US

Time:
Saturday, April 16, 2016
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
RamblinGrump
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: DCC in Tacoma, Washington @ Stonegate Pizza and Rum Bar

Post by RamblinGrump »

DCC World Tour Game at the Gamerati Epic RPG Day held at Stonegate Pizza and Rum bar.

We had 4 players who braved Peril on the Purple Planet, Max the Warrior 5th level, Gremmel the Dwarf 5th level, Cedrix the Cleric 4th level and Valamin the Halfling 4th level.This was my first DCC game with out at least a couple 0 levels mixed in and largest cross sections of mid level characters. Max and Gremml where returning players and Valamin and Cedrix where some of the pregens I brought for this game. The who chose the cleric had never played a tabletop RPG but was familiar with the trope having played videogame RPGs and had read a few game inspired novels. I had the drop chart for crits on the table I explained how it worked and then went over a copy of the Players Guide that I had printed for them to share so mushrooms could be tracked and how to activate weapons would be shared. The players after being teleported to the pyramid picked up on the clues that the air wasn’t good and choose to go up the stairs instead of down in search of better air. They found the door and easily opened it. They watched the battle below and decided to go back into the pyramid now that they had broken the seal and where allow air in and out. After exploring the temple and finding the burned out Crystal they went back to watch the end of the battle. They decided to approach the winner who I rolled had one champion with them who was giant and had one bionic arm that was designed for regular size Kith. The players where timid and none of them tried to loot any bodies so I let the Kith encounter go relatively well they found out where the closest city was they think from the Kith and set out through the Mushroom forest. They had a couple random encounters and Max the warrior was taken down to 4 hp at one point. I was able to Crit on him twice and let him roll on the drop table to see what terrible things happened to his character. He got the -3d chest wound and the second time got knocked out. With out the cleric roll decently he would have died. Looking forward to next month game where I am sure they will run in a Death Orm (they now have 5 shards)

Return to “DCC RPG Community”