Epic RPG Day @ Stonegate Pizza & Rum bar in Tacoma, WA

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

RamblinGrump
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Epic RPG Day @ Stonegate Pizza & Rum bar in Tacoma, WA

Post by RamblinGrump »

I'll be running a Dungeon Crawl Classic Funnel using Sailors on the starless sea at a new monthly RPG Day getting set up in Tacoma, WA. If you are in the area of Tacoma, WA. please come and join us.

Information about the event can be found on the Meetup page:
http://www.meetup.com/Gamerati/events/222585972/

Pictures of the play space are here:
https://plus.google.com/108992442998236 ... GqE3pjB3Xr
RamblinGrump
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Epic RPG Day @ Stonegate Pizza & Rum bar in Tacoma, WA

Post by RamblinGrump »

For the First Epic RPG day that happens the 3rd Saturday of Month and happened to be on Free RPG day I ran Sailors on the Starless Sea. I had 7 (Robert, Bryon, Catherine, Ian, Reilly, Adrian and Chris) players show up. 4 of them had played DCC before and 2 had run zero level funnels. We started out with 28 Peasants. First Peasant died fighting of the Vine Horror who was lit on Fire and so on top of his damage was lashing out with vines on flame. Because I had 28 Peasants I bumped all monster up to max HP and doubled the number of them. This encounter the Peasants all had higher initiative then the vine horrors. In the end the first encounter claimed two Peasants. Next encounter against the Beastman of the Gatehouse. The Peasant decide going through the gate would be bad and use their rope and grappling hooks to scale the wall. Some body had the great idea that they should pull the planks left over the ravine up so they tied ropes on to them and pulled them up. I let them because why not. They also left all the large live stock tied up in front of the keep. When they got up on the ledge and headed over to the gatehouse they ran afoul of 4 beastmen (two rat heads and two hog heads) again I used full HP. That battle went well for Peasants no losses. So I decided it was time to turn up the heat the last Hog Beastman ran back into the Gatehouse and rang the bell I added to alert keep. I rolled a d10 and got a six so 5 more beastman showed up in two rounds and on 3 rd round I had a Beastman Champion (not the one from the H encounter). The battle claimed 2 more Peasants and 4 Peasants ran from the battle (Reilly left the game because he was curious about World Synnibarr because Raven McCracken the creator had shown up to demo it). Of course when I got down to the last Beastman he rang the bell. The Peasants killed him off and ran over to top of tower area H. When they went down into it they found a portcullis (I added to get into the second area) and the out to courtyard chained shut. At this point Champion Beastman coming up the stair case from the lower area and another group of beastmen coming in from the top door with arrows. After a short battle in the tower they lost 3 more Peasants. They finally busted through the door and ran out area B to regroup and return they couldn’t go out the way they game because they pulled up the bridge blanks. I lost one more player at this point. I redistributed 4 of the character from people that left the group to remain to fill in the holes. They came back in a few nights later through B at the cover of night. They missed the Tomb and couldn’t open the flagstone. One of the peasant dropped his duck down the well and while watching it fall failed his Will check and went over the side. He was saved but that player failed his save in the end they pulled both the Peasants to safety and they ran away from well to Area E. The Shaman immediately went to the Golden censer and took and tried lighting it. So no problem with the ooze. They got 4 gems and the chainmail and the maces and flail and moved on to area H. The door had been repair but roughly and they easily got back in. I made another change the prisoners where gone. The room now had all the gore of before but they recognized their live stock and friends from the first attempt scatter across the floor. The Champion and his 5 minions showed up and the battle was fierce and I only claimed a few more peasants but they did manage to survive and go down into underground. At this point I lost 2 more players so I was down to 3 Players. I scaled back the encounters in map 2. But they also where playing much better at this point So they lost one player to trap in the vault, only one player made their luck roll to pick up skull and he also made the roll to find the ring. We lost one more character to the Leviathan when one Peasant swam out to the boat. They found the candle wax and lighted a candle so the ship came over The Shaman had the Censer going on the trip over to the island so the Leviathan didn’t take anymore.

The group had found the piece robes and covered up. The shaman keep the Censer going so everyone parted to for them. They got to top and the skull that was glowing was thrown which stopped the ceremony took out a group of beastman. The battle afterwards result in the Shaman who that player was tying to keep alive to make level one and 3 more characters before they escaped on the Dragon powered boat. Which is now taking them to Treasure Vaults of Zadabad. I handed out the Surviving Guides for Zabadad and to the remain players who all asked if I would be back at the next month RPG event.

RIP
Slim Pickens the Corn Farmer
Unnamed the Dwarven Stonemason
Sally Fourth the Corn Farmer
OZZY the Ostler
Trip-Thrice-Cursed the Cutpurse
Fetch Griminir the Dwarven Rat-Catcher
Unnamed the Alchemist
Unnamed the Outlaw
Mini the Minstrel
Bolo The Dirty the Halfling Vagrant
Bahd the Minstrel